Upper Berth

Tedferg

Regal. Baltic June 2 2017.

Looking at Baja or Caribe 502, 504 or 501,503. These cabins have an upper berth. Looking at phots I don't see any difference for two people but wonder if there are any downsides ?

Might Princess move us to accommodate someone who wants three berths ? If so best to choose another cabin now. We chose 502 etc. as most forward Mid Aft but if a move is possible BB slightly further aft might be safer.

Regal. Baltic June 2 2017.

Looking at Baja or Caribe 502, 504 or 501,503. These cabins have an upper berth. Looking at phots I don't see any difference for two people but wonder if there are any downsides ?

Might Princess move us to accommodate someone who wants three berths ? If so best to choose another cabin now. We chose 502 etc. as most forward Mid Aft but if a move is possible BB slightly further aft might be safer.

The birth sticks out about 12 inches so does take up some space

Yes' date=' they might move you if they need a 3 person cabin for someone else.

I can't comment on the cabin choices--no experience with that.[/quote']

This is a new one for me. Never heard that you could be bumped from your cabin selection for someone needing a three person cabin. Would this apply to sofa bed cabins as well?

This is a new one for me. Never heard that you could be bumped from your cabin selection for someone needing a three person cabin. Would this apply to sofa bed cabins as well?

On princess the mini suite and full suites have sofabeds, reg balconies do not.

On princess the mini suite and full suites have sofabeds, reg balconies do not.

Yes, thanks.

I was just surprised someone could get bumped from their cabin simply because another passenger, presumably booking later, needed a three-person cabin.

Yes, thanks.

I was just surprised someone could get bumped from their cabin simply because another passenger, presumably booking later, needed a three-person cabin.

I would think that if you were bumped, it would be for an upgrade, of course what Princess considers an upgrade, isn't always what you would consider an upgrade!

Yes, thanks.

I think I have seen warning that a wheel chair accessible cabin could be re-assigned to accommodate another passenger and wondered, if all three births were full, might we be bumped.

Edited by Tedferg
grammar

I would think that if you were bumped, it would be for an upgrade, of course what Princess considers an upgrade, isn't always what you would consider an upgrade!

We are choosing two cabins with another couple and would not one of us to be re-assigned. I am sure it is no big deal, but it is nice to knock on their door as we go down for dinner.

I think I have seen warning that a wheel chair accessible cabin could be re-assigned to accommodate another passenger and wondered, if all three births were full, might we be bumped.

Yes, same here. Have heard about possibly being moved from an accessible cabin if someone needed it.

You might want to call Princess to confirm if bumping is indeed a possibility on a third person cabin.

I looked at the deck plan. And if I am seeing right you are in a Balcony cabin. The extra bed does not stick out of the wall. I believe the bed comes down from the ceiling. I remember seeing something looking like a door on my ceiling on Regal. I don't know about inside cabins on this ship.

Edited by geocruiser

We are choosing two cabins with another couple and would not one of us to be re-assigned. I am sure it is no big deal, but it is nice to knock on their door as we go down for dinner.

This is not in regards to your initial question, but if that is the case, make sure you tell your TA to specify "do not upgrade", otherwise Princess might upgrade one or both of you.

Good Luck!

This is definitely a question for Princess, or your TA. However, if, when you made the reservation, you said you would take an upgrade, they can give you a "better "cabin. If you say you do not want to upgrade ( and we never upgrade) I do not think they can change your stateroom unless it is handicap accessible and they need the room. They may try to up sell you, but I think that's all they can do.

This is not in regards to your initial question, but if that is the case, make sure you tell your TA to specify "do not upgrade", otherwise Princess might upgrade one or both of you.

Good Luck!

It might help, if you link your cabins. You have to call Princess (or your TA) to do this.

This is definitely a question for Princess, or your TA. However, if, when you made the reservation, you said you would take an upgrade, they can give you a "better "cabin. If you say you do not want to upgrade ( and we never upgrade) I do not think they can change your stateroom unless it is handicap accessible and they need the room. They may try to up sell you, but I think that's all they can do.

"Do Not Upgrade" is a request. If they need to move you they can.

My mother in law is a TA for 40 years. She said that she has never had a cruise line change a customer's stateroom unless they requested an upgrade. They can change your stateroom if it is accessible,and it is needed for a disabled passenger, but she has never had it happen. As long as you said "do not upgrade", I wouldn't worry about it.

We had our cabin changed and it was marked "no up grades". It was in the same cat. but it had upper berths. I did hit my head on the berth (it stuck out from the wall). They changed my room again..

It can happen. I learned to all ways check my cabin on Princess.

Sorry that happened to you. I wonder why? Did you originally have a guarantee ? Did you book though an agent?

I did not have a guarantee. My TA called Princess (I was with her when she called). She was told that the people who had our cabin the cruise before ours were taking the next cruise and wanted the same cabin. My TA got us some OBC from Princess for the cabin change. I accepted this, I thought the beds in the cabin would be fine. But then I hit my head when I got on the ship. I went to the PAX service desk and told them. I was told to go back to my cabin and wait for some one to come. A officer came I told him what happened from the cabin change to hitting my head. He then change our cabin again to a balcony. I went from a mid ship obstructed cabin to a deck 15 balcony. They moved all out stuff there for us. The lump on my head lasted a few days. But I was fine.

We had our cabin changed and it was marked "no up grades". It was in the same cat. but it had upper berths. I did hit my head on the berth (it stuck out from the wall). They changed my room again..

It can happen. I learned to all ways check my cabin on Princess.

Don't want to beat this to death, but in the Regal Balcony photo I saw, the third berth is recessed in the ceiling - would seem a couple would not even know it was there. Hence my asking for clarification that the third berth does not protrude when not in use.

Don't want to beat this to death, but in the Regal Balcony photo I saw, the third berth is recessed in the ceiling - would seem a couple would not even know it was there. Hence my asking for clarification that the third berth does not protrude when not in use.

Some do and some don't.