MDR Breakfast

OSUZorba

I have never done breakfast in MDR on RCL, but on my last DCL cruise we did 3 or 4 mornings and really enjoyed it. So I was looking for an education on how RCL does their MDR breakfast.

1) Is it menu only, or is there a partial buffet? DCL had a partial buffet and menu service. I enjoyed being able to get some stuff for myself while I waited for my omelet.

2) Does anyone have a link to the menu?

3) How quick is it? I don't want breakfast to last as long as dinner, DCL was 15-20 minutes for my wife and I to get in and out.

Anything else I should know?

FYI: I'll be Freedom in a month.

Thanks,

There is always a menu....some ships also have a buffet in the DR....I prefer being served!

Same foods as any breakfast...any and everything!

It might take longer...but hey...you're on vacation...chill!

Edited by cb at sea

I have never done breakfast in MDR on RCL, but on my last DCL cruise we did 3 or 4 mornings and really enjoyed it. So I was looking for an education on how RCL does their MDR breakfast.

1) Is it menu only, or is there a partial buffet? DCL had a partial buffet and menu service. I enjoyed being able to get some stuff for myself while I waited for my omelet. similar to disney as long as you aren't comparing the Brunch options.

2) Does anyone have a link to the menu? the usual suspects plus you can requests off menu for some things( like eggs benedict)

3) How quick is it? I don't want breakfast to last as long as dinner, DCL was 15-20 minutes for my wife and I to get in and out. you will need to request to sit alone then. otherwise you will be seated at a large table of up to 8 and they will not start until the table is full. it will be 20 minutes to get your food from sitting down.

Anything else I should know?

FYI: I'll be Freedom in a month.

Thanks,

they will bring the pastries around as you are seated. might I suggest the cranberry stollen ..totally drool worthy.

We eat breakfast in the MDR every day. Service is always good. We always request a table for two, no waiting. A lot will depend on what time of morning you arrive.

We will be on the Freedom very soon, any advice on a good time to arrive with minimum wait for a table for two?

We will be on the Freedom very soon, any advice on a good time to arrive with minimum wait for a table for two?

Earlier the better, though it should be fairly easy to get a table for two.

Edited by clarea

Earlier the better, though it should be fairly easy to get a table for two.

As always, thanks Bob. I seriously think Royal should cut you in on a small percentage of the auto gratuity, for all the questions you answer. You know like 2 cents per person per day. Just a token of their thanks.

Thanks for the info everyone. Sounds like it is probably definitely worth checking out, assuming I can get my wife out of bed by 9.

Tell her your on vacation, no point in sleeping it away. There is always the midday poolside nap, or get caught up on sleep when you go back to work.

Tell her your on vacation, no point in sleeping it away. There is always the midday poolside nap, or get caught up on sleep when you go back to work.

I try, I really do, but she loves her sleep :(. Maybe this time I'll tell her she can nap will I flow ride. I also like to be going non-stop on vacations, and I think she above average active with me, just can't keep up.

Actually I've been going on some business trips with coworkers lately, and I'll research stuff to do in the evenings. So far I have worn out every coworker by midweek, and we aren't going to clubs or anything. It has given me more respect for how well my wife does keep up.

I try, I really do, but she loves her sleep :(. Maybe this time I'll tell her she can nap will I flow ride. I also like to be going non-stop on vacations, and I think she above average active with me, just can't keep up.

Actually I've been going on some business trips with coworkers lately, and I'll research stuff to do in the evenings. So far I have worn out every coworker by midweek, and we aren't going to clubs or anything. It has given me more respect for how well my wife does keep up.

Let her sleep! Have your quick breakfast, go to the gym or the flow rider and meet up for mid-morning coffee and a pastry as your "recovery". She'll last longer into the activity schedule and you'll get your fill of non-stop fun.

Edited by notsomadhatter

DW and I prefer the MDR for breakfast and though we normally just do the two of us for MTD, we enjoy sitting with others during breakfast. We've met wonderful people there. It is more relaxed, we enjoy being waited on and DW is always able to get a wide selection of fresh fruit. I'm a big breakfast eater and normally request larger portions and they have always accommodated. :cool: