MDR and cocktails?

dreday3

This may be a dumb question, but can you order mixed drinks/cocktails at dinner in the MDR or is it wine only?

I'm asking because I'm equating it to a giant wedding reception and usually the bar closes during dinner, leaving only wine. :D

This may be a dumb question, but can you order mixed drinks/cocktails at dinner in the MDR or is it wine only?

I'm asking because I'm equating it to a giant wedding reception and usually the bar closes during dinner, leaving only wine. :D

You can order whatever you want. Just ask your wait staff.

You can pretty much order any drink that you want. DH orders scotch almost every night. On some ships the wine is served by the assistant waiter and the mixed drinks are served by a bar server.

Keep in mind the bar servers come around when you are first seated. Some will come around a second time. A lot depends on your pattern of ordering. We have found that if you order the first night they return subsequent nights. If you don't order the first night they may not return.

I hope this helps. Have a great cruise.

Thanks! I will have to figure out who is my bar server. :p Do they do "dessert" cocktails for after dinner? I would rather get a Brandy Alexander or something similar than have a piece of cake!

You may order whatever you wish from the bar server. They will happily serve you an after-dinner liqueur or whatever you desire. :)

You may order whatever you wish from the bar server. They will happily serve you an after-dinner liqueur or whatever you desire. :)

:D I'm so excited!!!! :p

Some times bar service can be a little scarce in the MDR so I wouldn't wait too long for them to show up. Make sure your waiter knows you want bar service.

Thanks! I will have to figure out who is my bar server. :p

Do they do "dessert" cocktails for after dinner? I would rather get a Brandy Alexander or something similar than have a piece of cake!

I can't remember if the bar servers wear a slightly different uniform or not but on each cruise we've been on they've introduced themselves or specifically asked if anybody wanted something "from the bar" or a "bar drink" or "cocktail."