Embarkation dock in Blue Book does not match

Muckyduckway

We were very excited to receive our Blue Book a few days ago (I know its old hat to many, but for first timers everything is exciting).

I had already determined from cmport.com that our departure would be from Oceankaj C330 but the Blue Book states Nordre Toldbod.

I'm assuming that the book has not been updated, and am aware that docks can change so a final check close to date of departure is on the cards.

However, in the meantime, can anyone shed any light from their own experience?

TIA

You will receive an emailed set of final documents. They will also state the port of disembarkation - you should rely on that information. Can also probably google the actual port and find out which ships are in port that day.

A year or so ago, the blue booklet indicated that Regatta would dock in Manhattan. 21 days out, the emailed docs stated Brooklyn. Only those passengers who bothered to check the email docs made it to the correct port without extra taxi rides.

Our blue book showed a pier we were to embark in Sydney that was no longer there. When I called Oceania to tell them they were clueless. They did change the information in the final email documents. You might want to go directly to the port authority for accurate info if you are trying to plan transfers, etc.

usually embarkation & debarkation is at the larger port area Freeport

Langelinie is used for port stops

Nord Toldbod is for much smaller ships

I would check the day of embarkation to be sure of the location before heading out ..Quays will change depending on the harbour Master

http://www.cmport.com/ships-in-port/cruise-ships

We are boarding on 6/25 in CPH and the blue book showed Nordre Toldbod. So do the more recent email notifications. I also checked the port of CPH ships in port but it didn't really specify where Nautica would be in terms of the various options.

We are boarding on 6/25 in CPH and the blue book showed Nordre Toldbod. So do the more recent email notifications. I also checked the port of CPH ships in port but it didn't really specify where Nautica would be in terms of the various options.

Nordre quay is close to the Palace well ahead of Langelinie pier

I did not think the R-ships could dock there just the much smaller yacht size ships

http://www.cmport.com/maps/copenhagen/nordre-toldbod

Lyn,

From what you said earlier about "smaller" ships, I did wonder if Nautica would qualify. So far that is what they are saying. Your comments tell me that we should check with Oceania closer to the date.

I did download a map of the port area today. Without my reading glasses (!) it looks like these are all close together ... but I'll have to check again when I can really see the map!

I appreciate your input. When we've been in CPH in the past, it was always an arrival ... not a departure.

Mura

Lyn,

From what you said earlier about "smaller" ships, I did wonder if Nautica would qualify. So far that is what they are saying. Your comments tell me that we should check with Oceania closer to the date.

I did download a map of the port area today. Without my reading glasses (!) it looks like these are all close together ... but I'll have to check again when I can really see the map!

I appreciate your input. When we've been in CPH in the past, it was always an arrival ... not a departure.

Mura

If you remember where the little mermaid is the Nordre Toldbod dock it closer to the fountain near the Royal palace

we have walked past the dock but there was never a ship there at the time

Are your friends meeting you? They will probably know where it is

I do find it odd that they would dock there though

CPH Port Authority website currently shows Nautica docking at Nodre Toldbod

(Quay 177) on 25 June.

My wife and I are taking our first Oceania cruise in August on Marina, also arriving in CPH and have encountered the same problem determining the docking area. Oceania says Nodre Toldbod; Port Authority says Oceankaj. I think the Port Authority has it right. Will see.

If you remember where the little mermaid is the Nordre Toldbod dock it closer to the fountain near the Royal palace

we have walked past the dock but there was never a ship there at the time

Are your friends meeting you? They will probably know where it is

I do find it odd that they would dock there though

Unfortunately our friends are going to be away at that time so we're going to meet them in London post-cruise. It would be a lot easier if they were to take us to the ship!!

As to USAFSS4Ever's comment, I would trust the Port Authority as well!

Mura

Mura,

The port web site shows us leaving from dock C177 which is at NDR-Toldbod which appears to be part of Langeline or vice versa.

The final, on line documents fro Oceania which arrived about a week ago show Langeline.

If you are taking a taxi, hopefully the driver will know.

Ed

Thanks, Ed. Actually, I have been counting on the fact that the taxi driver would probably know. Or someone at the entrance of the port would know.

My online documents which I received about a week ago just show Nordre Toldbod.

Mura

For what it’s worth this was our experience in July last year when we were on a Nautica cruise departing Copenhagen. Flew in the day before, stayed in a hotel we have used previously, took a taxi to ship after breakfast. In their pre-departure information (Blue Book & email) Oceania had told us that our dock was Sundkaj 245 Flexterminal. (We did not get the Blue Book until about a week before embarkation.) However, all along the Copenhagen cruise port website had said Nordre Toldbod Quay C190 dock. Our cab driver on Embarkation Day had a printout which also said Nordre Toldbod Quay C190 dock. He said it was still correct as far as he knew.

However, just to be sure I had checked the port authority website again in the hotel that morning and the dock had changed to Langelinie Kaj C 192. This turned out to be the correct dock where Nautica was waiting for us. However, just in case, we did a drive past of the two other possible docks en route to the correct one since they were all in the same general area.

So, my suggestion is - check the port authority website mentioned in earlier posts on the morning of Embarkation Day.

• 2 weeks later...

Dock re-assignment seems to happen a lot in Copenhagen. It happened to us. In all ports, my money is on the pier location listed on the port website (when you can find one that lists it!) about a week pre-cruise. If I can, I also check marinetraffic.com or vesseltracker to see where the ship actually is. Last year Viking Star ended up docking at the last minute in Venice where the river ships dock, despite the Maritime Station address being given in our documents. I went on Marine Traffic and saw she was there - what a surprise. I called the ship to confirm. It saved me a lot of hassle going to the regular port via vaporetto from our hotel, taking the People Mover, and walking with my bags to find a ship that wasn't there.

I'm over-cautious, but sometimes it pay off.

Quay re-assignment seems to happen a lot in Copenhagen. It happened to us. I was happy, though, to find we would embark at Langelinie. There were cramped quarters there for embarkation, but it was more convenient than where the port had originally assigned us. I wanted to check in and then go see the Mermaid.

In all ports, my money is on the quay listed on the port website (when you can find one that lists it!) about a week pre-cruise. If I can, I also check marinetraffic.com or vesseltracker to see where the ship actually is. Last year Viking Star ended up docking at the last minute in Venice where the river ships dock, despite the Maritime Station address being given in our documents. I went on Marine Traffic and saw she was there - what a surprise. I called the ship to confirm. It saved me a lot of hassle going to the regular port via vaporetto from our hotel, taking the People Mover, and walking with my bags to find a ship that wasn't there.

I'm over-cautious, but sometimes it pay off.

Edited by roothy123

This happen to us once, we had a car service from the hotel. When the driver started to go to another dock--I said something, he told he always checks before a pick-ups and not to worry. He was right when we pulled up the the other dock, the ship was parked at the dock.

As one walks around the port in Copenhagen there is a huge display sign talking about the massive reconstruction of the Port of Copenhagen that is underway. This huge public works started in 2013 with an estimated completion date of 2018. The port and its berths are being completely redone, enlarged, etc. to accommodate both an increase in the number of cruise ship visiting Copenhagen daily, but also the increase in size of those cruise ships. Currently, we are barely halfway through that project. Were ships dock is an ongoing juggling match for the port authorities. The documents we were sent by Oceania, just a couple of weeks before sailing, were changed by the Port Authorities and we embarked in the North Havre in the middle of an industrial area.

We are embarking in Copenhagen again next year on the Nautica for the Northern Explorer cruise. I expect similar juggling with port sites until the port project completion in 2018. We are, in fact, looking forward to taking the harbor cruise again, at that time, to see all the work that has been completed since our last stay there. Many berths, at that time had been entirely stripped out, and were being expanded and repaired.

Don't stress the details, you'll find your ship!