On the Glory right now (week of October 15-22, 2016)

firemanbobswife

Sitting in St Thomas and I figured I would share a few of my thoughts on this trip so far.

Embarkation - Staggered Check in was great. There were absolutely no lines outside the doors. This was at 10:45AM. The lines were nonexistent to have your Passport checked, as well as security (metal detectors). Captain's Lounge check in was super slow. They only had 3 people working the desk. I felt like asking for my boarding pass back so that I could go up to the FTTF line. I got my S&S card then headed up the escalator right before FTTF was being called which I think was around 11:30AM. I wasn't impressed with that whole process.

The ship is just as I left her back in February. The menus are the same and the food has been very good. We have a super waiter for Early dining in the Platinum (Aft) dining room.

HMC is undamaged as far as I could tell. Had a wonderful day there in a Villa. I truly wish I could stay there forever just like the sign says.

Some rough waves the past few nights which made for some super good sleep for me. Nothing severe, although I heard that we went through a storm Sunday night. I couldn't tell you because I'm in an inside. Didn't see anyone getting sick so it wasn't that bad.

Shops - I didn't see the ship ornaments or scale models as I have gotten in the past. I just so happened to look because I heard others say they couldn't find them anymore. I'll try again tonight and report back if I see them.

Chocolate covered strawberries were actually quite tasty. I couldn't eat the fudge balls or whatever they were. Just way too rich for me. Sad to say the Platinum gift is the dreaded croc visor. Mine is red. It's even cheesier in person than in the pictures. Haven't tried to exchange it yet. I might just give it to some kid I see. Disappointed that this is my first Platinum gift, but oh well. Life goes on.

c9532bbeb7f442bb70be0d900a8390cc.jpg

Internet prices have gone up. Here are the new ones. Someone on the tender to HMC said Snapchat does indeed work. I have no idea how to use it so I'll go with what she said.

1fb08ea5e35adc7fb05adebcf4d72b12.png

fef6b279e1fb6cac0258d52e943d08a7.png

d50e035b339897453d5cb1b134683152.png

I think that's about it for now. Let me know if you have any questions. I'll try and check back here today and tomorrow while I have cell service.

Edited by firemanbobswife

We are doing the same itinerary the end of November. If the opportunity avails itself could you let us know when the Cruise Critic Meet and Mingle is held (or at least scheduled for)?

Thanks!

Will do. I haven't gotten an invitation yet which leads me to believe they are waiting until the last day or 2 which I think is stupid.

Will do. I haven't gotten an invitation yet which leads me to believe they are waiting until the last day or 2 which I think is stupid.

I agree with you. All of the Fun Times I have seen it was on day 5 late in the afternoon, which I think defeats the purpose of a M&M.

Thanks for your response.

Enjoy your cruise.

I will be on the Glory on November 5th, were you asked to fill out a form concerning the stateroom service, morning or evening service?

Who is the cruise director? Any comments?

Thanks for reminding me. No form to fill out. Room Steward introduced himself just before muster. Didn't even ask about service, and it's been the normal twice a day. He is excellent!

Saffie is the CD. She's better than Eric IMHO. I felt no love for him in February and I'm glad he's not here this time. I know a lot of people like him, but not me. He might have been extra super annoying because his dad was onboard that week. I ran into her and "The Fun Squad" at Creams this morning. They are a trip.

Well this got me excited for my November 12th cruise on Glory:) Thanks!!

You're welcome. Let me know if there is anything else I can help you out with. Going to need to charge my phone soon and I don't get cell service "down in the dungeon" [emoji41]

Edited by firemanbobswife

Thank you! I am on this cruise with my family the next time Glory does it (October 29), and I cannot contain my excitement!

Do you know anything about spa specials? I just can't bring myself to pay what they want when prebooking, but I know they do specials onboard sometimes.

Enjoy the rest of your cruise! :cool:

Thank you! I am on this cruise with my family the next time Glory does it (October 29), and I cannot contain my excitement!

Do you know anything about spa specials? I just can't bring myself to pay what they want when prebooking, but I know they do specials onboard sometimes.

Enjoy the rest of your cruise! :cool:

I will see what Spa Specials are in my FunTimes and post later.

Oh and I was able to exchange my visor for a Tervis Tumbler. Yes!!!!!

Thanks for reminding me. No form to fill out. Room Steward introduced himself just before muster. Didn't even ask about service, and it's been the normal twice a day. He is excellent!

Saffie is the CD. She's better than Eric IMHO. I felt no love for him in February and I'm glad he's not here this time. I know a lot of people like him, but not me. He might have been extra super annoying because his dad was onboard that week. I ran into her and "The Fun Squad" at Creams this morning. They are a trip.

Thanks for the info. Enjoy the rest of your cruise!!

I am enjoying reading your review so far, and especially the pictures as well. It will be March before we will be on there, but as I told everyone, the holidays will keep us all very busy, and before we know it, we will be on the Glory, and then off, or as someone said many years ago........."Back to Campbell's Soup," which is so true.

We had a blast on the Glory! Embarkation was super easy a lot better than our Vista cruise in Athens.

Glad you guys are enjoying my "random thoughts". It's easier for me to post stuff as it pops into my head [emoji846].

The ship is in good condition with the exception of the glass doors leading out to the Lido deck from the forward elevators. They are in the open position because they are shattered. They have been that way since the beginning of the cruise so it must have happened on a previous one. Crew is constantly cleaning and always says "Good morning", etc.

2f93e2b148896c6cbba1c5627d8bd48c.jpg