Luggage tags

procter

Well, sorry to say that there have been no luggage labels delivered despite me requesting them a month ago. I hoped that I wouldn't have to print them off. There must be some inbox somewhere with a huge number of luggage label requests.

Do you think it will be fixed for my cruise in February. :confused:

Mine are in there too....thank goodness for the Amazon holders...should be on commission on that one :rolleyes:

Well, sorry to say that there have been no luggage labels delivered despite me requesting them a month ago. I hoped that I wouldn't have to print them off. There must be some inbox somewhere with a huge number of luggage label requests.

Do you think it will be fixed for my cruise in February. :confused:

We are on an Azamara cruise in December to Bali (volcanoes permitting) and no-one on our roll call has received labels.

Bonnie - would it be possible for you to follow this up because it is obviously quite a widespread problem.

I have requested ours twice but they haven't arrived. If they aren't sending them what's the point of having the form to fill in & saying that they will be sent?

The response from our TA was:

"I have checked Azamara will send your luggage labels on the reverse of your guest booklet, this will be sent approx 10 days before departure."

So I'll have to print that and use those plastic holders I got from Amazon. :mad:

As mentioned in my recent post on our Roll Call, despite ordering luggage tags on 11th October and receiving a confirmation from Azamara that they were being sent, none have arrived.

If it hadn't been for various posts on here, by now I'd have been chasing Az, our TA etc., etc.

However if Azamara aren't going to provide these then they should say so, loud and clear, rather than leave it to this community to fill in the dots and maybe remove that option from the online check in.

Well at least for those of us in the UK where this no longer seems like an available option. :(

As mentioned in my recent post on our Roll Call, despite ordering luggage tags on 11th October and receiving a confirmation from Azamara that they were being sent, none have arrived.

If it hadn't been for various posts on here, by now I'd have been chasing Az, our TA etc., etc.

However if Azamara aren't going to provide these then they should say so, loud and clear, rather than leave it to this community to fill in the dots and maybe remove that option from the online check in.

Well at least for those of us in the UK where this no longer seems like an available option. :(

I agree, nothing worse than a service that doesn't deliver. If luggage labels are not available to UK passengers then don't put the option on My Azamara.

I have followed in the footsteps of our fellow passengers from the UK and purchased Royal Caribbean/Celebrity luggage label holders from Amazon and they arrived in 2 days and they are excellent. :p

They will do for future cruises so no need to wait for something that is never going to happen.

Well there seems to be some daft message on the website to say Azamara have reached their permissible limits of requests for luggage tags so we have to wait to get them at the pier! They only have two ships for goodness sake! For our cruise in December none of our roll call has received labels so there is going to be a very long queue at the port.

We have printed some labels and laminated them and are now in the process of trimming them to size and devising a way to fix them to the case. It's a bit like playschool. Really not what I would expect from a luxury cruiseline and I would at least expect them to be up front and honest and tell us they screwed up!

Yes it is a pain. Am about to print out mine but I did get the plastic holders from Amazon - http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00X6M2CFA so you might like to get those if the DIY doesn't work!

The diy worked out just fine. I am sure this will trigger another debate, but I do not see why I should pay for luggage label holders (which I will never need again) unless Azamara are going to refund the cost (lol). In all my years of cruising this is the only cruise line that has a problem supplying labels.

Just to put it in context I have never had an issue with luggage labels right up to and including July. They have always arrived safely and promptly It's just the last lot haven't with the supply issue that has been explained on this thread. Hopefully it's a temporary glitch, but I have to say I like the plastic holders now I have them!

Phil

The diy worked out just fine. I am sure this will trigger another debate, but I do not see why I should pay for luggage label holders (which I will never need again) unless Azamara are going to refund the cost (lol). In all my years of cruising this is the only cruise line that has a problem supplying labels.

I totally agree with you Jill.

Joyce

If it's any help, I've just had a conversation with someone at celebrity (uk) as I have a problem with my on line check in. Whilst discussing that I asked about luggage tags. I was informed celebrity have discovered their usual supplier has moved offices - hence no one receiving tags when they believed they had ordered them. The upshot is that no tags can be ordered so it's print your own from the booklet when it's issued by celebrity 4-5 weeks before departure or get them at the port. I suggested that they might want to think about posting something on the check in section of the website to advise customers so they are not waiting round for something that is never going to arrive! Excellent service from a luxury cruise line!

• 4 weeks later...

Celebrity have a general problem with luggage tags; at least in the UK. On my last cruise I ordered the tags online but they never arrived and I complained to RCL who blamed their outsourcing agent. This time I booked via a good travel agent. Here we are 4 weeks before deprature and just received a B/W hard copy of the Guest Booklet so I can print tags myself in B/W only. The website says my tags still aren't ready to order (and obviously never will be). I've asked my agent to email a colour electronic copy of the Guest Booklet as I can't download it (another failing). Celebrity are in most aspects excellent at oganisation but they can't get their act together on this.

I think in Germany we´ve got our last luggage tags many years ago.

Does not depend, if Azamara, Celebrity or Royal Caribbean.

We´ve to print them out from the documents we are getting per email and to fold them and we put them in some used plastictags which we got from Princess some years ago.

If it's any help, I've just had a conversation with someone at celebrity (uk) as I have a problem with my on line check in. Whilst discussing that I asked about luggage tags. I was informed celebrity have discovered their usual supplier has moved offices - hence no one receiving tags when they believed they had ordered them. The upshot is that no tags can be ordered so it's print your own from the booklet when it's issued by celebrity 4-5 weeks before departure or get them at the port. I suggested that they might want to think about posting something on the check in section of the website to advise customers so they are not waiting round for something that is never going to arrive! Excellent service from a luxury cruise line!

Celebrity has a head office problem in organization which can be fixed. It is a shame that such good cruise ships have such poor organization. After 15 years they still fail to get our table assignments straight without having to go to the Maitre'd. The ship does an amazing job getting Miami's mess-ups fixed.

Print the tags, and laminate them, or put packing tape over them or put them in the store bought tag holders. Makes no difference if they are in color as long as the have the sailing date, name, ship and cabin number. Make two for each bag. If this is all that happens, count yourself as blest.

• 2 weeks later...

Same here - that was back in November when I ordered but still nothing has arrived. Very poor on the part of Celebrity. Either get the issue with the supplier sorted or remove the facility to order altogether - at least customers would know what's what rather than waiting in the hope that they actually get their act together.

By now the cruise lines are probably sorry that they ever started the practice of mailing any passengers luggage tags in advance in the first place.

It only takes us a few seconds to tag each bag at the cruise port, no problem at all.

If you don't want to tag them yourself, a porter will do it for you.

We found the procedure to be much the same when cruising from the UK.

As soon as our coach from Heathrow pulled up, the porters at the cruise port came right over to us and started pulling out our bags, tagging them, and stacking them on luggage carts (aka trolleys).

Some of the bags had already been pre-tagged, but those were stacked on the same carts along with those that were getting tagged right there at the cruise port.

I too got the same message from Azamara website stating that they had reached their permissible limits and then within the last week I have received two separate sets. This happen approximately 3 to 4 weeks before the departure date of the cruise. You just never know.......Cheers, Ellen