Luggage tags

procter

Thanks Phil for your advice re name etc.

I thought long and hard about putting it in but to enable comments to be validated I felt it necessary.

I know I can get tags at pier but I May be OCD about this but I do prefer to KNOW things are done properly.

As an aside do OCD people know they are OCD or is that others are out of step?

Let us hope that when we board Azamara all these concerns will disappear!!!

Well it does appear that the agent was correct and any UK guests are stuffed.

Yet another example of petty penny pinching.

Additionally it appears that we HAVE to complete a new OLCheck in for each sector.

How Inane in the days of computers is that!!!!

From: LTopintzis@rccl.com Your junk email filter is set to exclusive.

Sent: 07 September 2015 14:56:57

To: [email[/email]

This message is here because your junk email filter is set to exclusive.

Wait, it's safe!|I'm not sure. Let me check

Dear Mr. Kendall,

Thank you for your email addressed to Richard Twynam dated 7th September.

I have reviewed the call between yourself and Alex and I will be providing feedback to the call centre manager.

I’m afraid it is correct that we no longer issue and post adhesive labels for the U.K. market. We discontinued the service in April this year and have since only offered to send paper labels to our guests, which are part of the E-Docs.

The E-Docs will be provided by your travel agent once they have been issued.

Having said this, the adhesive labels

Edited by procter

It appears the agent was right so happy to apologise to him publically.

Some of original email was truncated for some reason on my viewing so hence repeat.

How petty penny pinching of Azamara,

Also it appears that we should complete OLCheck in for each sector.

In these days of computers how inane is that!!!

I Wish Azamara would simply add £100 to the cost of voyages and not continue to penny pinch.

Labels.Prosecco ,harpist etc. etc.

Thank you for your email addressed to Richard Twynam dated 7th September.

I have reviewed the call between yourself and Alex and I will be providing feedback to the call centre manager.

I’m afraid it is correct that we no longer issue and post adhesive labels for the U.K. market. We discontinued the service in April this year and have since only offered to send paper labels to our guests, which are part of the E-Docs.

The E-Docs will be provided by your travel agent once they have been issued.

Having said this, the adhesive labels are still available at the port and the port agents will gladly assist with attaching them to your luggage.

We do recommend that the Online Check-In is completed for all reservations prior to travel whether the bookings are Back to Back or single voyages.

As each booking has an individual reservation number, any Online Check-In information input for one reservation is not automatically transferred to other existing reservations.

I apologise for any dismay this may cause, however we look forward to welcoming you onboard and hope you have a fantastic holiday.

Kind Regards,

Thanks Phil for your advice and I reckon if the NSA /anybody else was that interested in my address there are easier ways than trawling Azamara boards.

I am normally careful but in this instance I felt it was necessary for validation of query.

Maybe policy re labels is for new bookings after April but if you were going to do away with labels then surely it would make sense to have stopped it from a date of edict issue rather than booking.

How interesting is that it appears to be UK only.

Presumably initiated unilaterally by UK or is it that USA /rest of the world would not accept these changes.

Thanks again and hope our paths cross one day for all your sensible advice on all matters.

Other thread sounds hopeful for Asian restaurant movement as after all there are cooking facilities already in view for an Asian restaurant.

That is very odd. I was on JR in July and got the tags then, but if that is what you have been told I will bear that in mind for future. The only reason I mentioned your name and booking number is that anyone can go into your booking and view the details of your address etc.

Phil

Ordered our luggage labels from link on the on line check in 10 days ago and received them 6 days later as we always have done on previous Azamara cruises.

UK cruisers don't always miss out on everything .!!!

As Phil said "the curse of Guatemala" strikes again.

It appears from above that despite Azamara saying in quoted email above that policy started in April other bookers in May have received labels.

Perhaps Azamara UK might like to respond directly to the anomalies above or perhaps Bonnie can enlighten us all as to Azamara worldwide policy on adhesive labels

Can I also offer a cost saving suggestion.

As some 60 per cent are repeat cruisers is it not possible to utilise loyalty card as ship/door card.

After all if you return hotel door cards they are swiped and used again.

Also for repeat cruisers do away with the wallet and especially the map of ship.

Pointless if you have already sailed on ship previously.

This would save approx 200 wallets and maps per journey or Quest.

After all Azamara has the information to identify repeat cruisers.

Also for repeat cruisers do away with the wallet and especially the map of ship.

This is a no-brainer, you are free to not take to take the wallet at check in when offered. I always refuse the wallet (and the map) and bring an old wallet to reuse. I think there should also be an option to recycle the wallets for reuse at the end of the cruise, if someone wants that option.

Just to confuse further, we requested our luggage tags for our 20th September sailing on the Journey last week, and they arrived today in the post which had a return address of Celebrity Cruises, Weybridge. We are in the UK and we booked the cruise mid Feb this year.

As Phil said "the curse of Guatemala" strikes again.

It appears from above that despite Azamara saying in quoted email above that policy started in April other bookers in May have received labels.

Perhaps Azamara UK might like to respond directly to the anomalies above or perhaps Bonnie can enlighten us all as to Azamara worldwide policy on adhesive labels

Can I also offer a cost saving suggestion.

As some 60 per cent are repeat cruisers is it not possible to utilise loyalty card as ship/door card.

After all if you return hotel door cards they are swiped and used again.

I agree, must admit I use A Seabourn wallet as both our cruise cards can be seen and scanned through the plastic. Used to use an Oceania one, but that didn't last long. 😀

• 3 weeks later...
Just to confuse further, we requested our luggage tags for our 20th September sailing on the Journey last week, and they arrived today in the post which had a return address of Celebrity Cruises, Weybridge. We are in the UK and we booked the cruise mid Feb this year.

As it's now less than 2 months to go before we sail I'll start looking soon for the "request button" but in a recent correspondence with Azamara UK I mentioned I'd be doing this and was advised that:- "In regards to your luggage labels, we no longer post out luggage tabs. We provide a paper copy within your cruise documentation which can be added to your luggage or alternatively luggage tags will be provided at the port."

I've responded with my disappointment regarding such penny pinching actions by a quality cruise line and just hope that this statement proves to be wrong. :(

[quote name='Prefdavid']As it's now less than 2 months to go before we sail I'll start looking soon for the "request button" but in a recent correspondence with Azamara UK I mentioned I'd be doing this and was advised that:- "[FONT="][I][COLOR=Purple]In regards to your luggage labels, we no longer post out luggage tabs. We provide a paper copy within your cruise documentation which can be added to your luggage or alternatively luggage tags will be provided at the port.[/COLOR]"

[/I]I've responded with my disappointment regarding such penny pinching actions by a quality cruise line and just hope that this statement proves to be wrong. :([/FONT][/QUOTE]

I am afraid that the statement is correct, the message saying you can order your tags has been replaced with one saying that you can now print off your PAPER tags.
I printed mine for our !st Nov cruise yesterday, it says to fix them on your luggage with tape or staples.
I have laminated mine with selotape to make them stronger.
I believe that you can still get tags at the pier.

I had a reply following my complaint about paper labels from Craig Masters (Weybridge UK) earlier this year informing me that luggage labels were no longer issued as there was little demand since the paper ones were in the e docs.

However we were sent them for two cruises this year and I have just requested them again for our November sailing. I shall await their arrival or will I be disappointed?

[quote name='cheznick']we have ordered and received our luggage tags as usual for our cruise in October so I really dont know why Az or Mr Twynham or anyone else are telling people they are not available when they quite plainly are.[/QUOTE]

Not as of yesterday on the UK site, the only message says to print them off not to order them

[quote name='Bloodaxe']Not as of yesterday on the UK site, the only message says to print them off not to order them[/QUOTE]

when you log in online and also complete the online check in there are two places where you can click to order your luggage tags... at least there are on ours and obviously a lot of others on this thread.. we have just checked and the button is still there to click and order when you log in .

also when you click online check in at bottom of the page

Online Check-in Summary:
Click "View Details" to view your Online Documentation Summary.

Luggage Tag Information:
Azamara's ship luggage tag program provides you with luggage tags before leaving home.

Request Luggage Tags

[quote name='Bloodaxe']Not as of yesterday on the UK site, the only message says to print them off not to order them[/QUOTE]

Contact your travel agent. I have had to print my luggage tags previously on another line and just laminated them and they worked fine, For my next cruise I got the luggage tags in the mail and you should. Are you on the Journey in October. If you haven't gotten your tags in the mail yet, you may have to print them out, but be sure you have tags before you leave home. Don't rely on the porters to write the stuff on your tags at the port of Embarkation. I have e-mailed my Blackpool friend to see if he got his yet or if he has to print them. Edited by scapel

We are on Quest's back-to-back cruises October 11 and 19. I ordered and received luggage tags for our original veranda stateroom and have since ordered tags for our upgraded CC suite for the October 11 cruise.

Just for kicks (no need for tags for the second cruise) I went to the On-line Check-In page for the October 19 cruise and at the bottom of the page found this:

[B][I]Luggage Tag Information:
Azamara's ship luggage tag program provides you with luggage tags before leaving home.
[/I][/B]
[URL="https://secure.azamaraclubcruises.com/booking/bagtagmailer/order.do?source=adc"][IMG]https://secure.azamaraclubcruises.com/images/my_celebrity/my_reservations/bagtag/request_bag_tag_btn.gif[/IMG][/URL]

[quote name='scapel'] I have e-mailed my Blackpool friend to see if he got his yet or if he has to print them.[/QUOTE]My Blackpool friend received luggage tags, but he has no room assignment yet. He is hoping for an upgrade.