Luggage tags

procter

I am on Journey on 1st November. Ordered luggage tags several weeks ago when the link was there and was a bit surprised they had not arrived so re-ordered a couple of days ago. I now find this in place of the link:-

"[I]We regret that luggage tag mailers are no longer available because the number of requested mailers has exceeded our permissible limits. You may secure your luggage tags from our porters once you arrive at the pier.[/I]" :mad:

Now on RCI I expect to print off paper tags, but come on Azamara - you are selling yourselves as a bit of luxury and although this will in no way spoil my cruise it is extremely irritating. Having had experience of papers tags falling off at the last minute I will probably invest in some laminate tags. The really disappointing thing is that if I did not follow this forum I would have been none the wiser and would have been waiting anxiously for Mr Postman up to the morning of the cruise!

And btw - what on earth are "mailers"??:confused:

Whilst it is nice to get the tags it's no big deal for us either way and does not define luxury for me - other luxury products require me to print as well.

Through Amazon we purchased great reusable see through holders that some enterprising person must have developed for printed cruise ship tags. So yes, I'm printing out and cutting the labels but no sellotape or losing them issues.

I suspect confusion and duplication reigns where both travel agents and individuals are pushing the order tags button and exceeding mailers I.e. Asked more than twice I think it is, comes into play.

[quote name='FloatSomeMore']Just checked our reservations and the luggage tags option was available for the first time. We sail November 25.[/QUOTE]

Must be favouritism again for our US friends, as I've just checked our details and there's still no option showing to order these. :(

[quote name='Prefdavid']Must be favouritism again for our US friends, as I've just checked our details and there's still no option showing to order these. :([/QUOTE]

David, if this is for the Wake of Columbus cruise I think you are a bit early. I have never had an issue getting luggage tags here. I'll post on the roll call when I see the link.

Phil

Must be favouritism again for our US friends, as I've just checked our details and there's still no option showing to order these. :(

I kept checking and my luggage tags were only available 3 weeks before our cruise.

I think it's a shame that there is confusion over whether the tags are available or not for UK (we are in UK).

It not the end of the world but the one time we had a case go missing was when a tag was put on by cruise line at the port. It did turn up several hours later phew!!!! This wasn't Azamara.

The link to request mine for 18 November cruise only showed up a few days ago, so keep checking every day on the first check-in page. We are UK.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That could be it yes. How long have you been waiting?

I did hear a rumour that there was a problem recently with the production of luggage tags in the UK! :rolleyes:

I ordered them at the end of September for 1 November cruise. Still no sign of them but I live in hope that they had already been requested by TA, that the UK office still have some left and that they will arrive in time.

These luggage tag holders are nice; though I'd like to see Azamara included not simply Royal Caribbean & Celebrity!

I wonder why it says "Sorry, we can't deliver this item to the United States."

These luggage tag holders are nice; though I'd like to see Azamara included not simply Royal Caribbean & Celebrity!

They are also available from Amazon .com in USA and Amazon.ca in Canada

Bonnie

I was trying to illustrate the concept and as far as I can see no Amazon trader has Azamara tags in their illustrations. There were lots of Princess and P and O examples, I thought I had got the best option.

I also apologise for using the UK site in my link

I was trying to help, clearly I wasn't

Looking at them they are blank and unbranded until you put one of your tags in there, at which point it will indeed say Azamara.

When in the UK Amazon will automatically default to the UK website so when copy and pasting a link here it will go to that as I found out the other day on the Celebrity board. Just go to the US site and search for the item and it should come up priced in USD and ready to ship to the US.

Phil

Edited by excitedofharpenden

What are the dimensions of the Azamara tags? Royal Caribbean and Celebrity printable dimensions are identical to each other.

I do not have the dimensions but I know our paper tags fitted into these holders that also hold RC and Celebrity tags, hope that helps

I do not have the dimensions but I know our paper tags fitted into these holders that also hold RC and Celebrity tags, hope that helps

Thank you for posting the link, it seems to be people in the UK that are being phased out of luggage tags first, so I'm sure in the future these will probably come in handy.

Thank you for posting the link, it seems to be people in the UK that are being phased out of luggage tags first, so I'm sure in the future these will probably come in handy.

I have had a word with my friend who is a travel agent, who knows what goes on at Azamara through a contact there.

It seems that for a few weeks, no bag tags have been sent out due to an issue with the producer of the tags. It appears to be out of Azamara's hands and is not a deliberate attempt to stop supplying bag tags. They are working with the supplier to find a prompt solution.

He is advising the customers that he books on Azamara, to log in to their booking on the website and if they have had their e-tickets released, then there is an option to print the colour personalised version of the bag tag from there. He says it is on the same page as Online Check-In. I have printed these in the past & used the luggage tag holders that UKTOG mentioned earlier and they work absolutely fine.

I hope this helps. :)

mzk90, thank you for that information!:)

Phil

Don't thank me yet Phil, my friend has just had an update! It seems things are not as 'complicatedly' simple as they appeared!

I would suggest that none of us rely on receiving the old sticky bag tags through the post for a while, if ever again! I will be using the paper version you get from the website, using my origami skills & then my plastic bag tag holders!

mzk90, thank you for that information!:)

Phil

Don't thank me yet Phil, my friend has just had an update! It seems things are not as 'complicatedly' simple as they appeared!

I would suggest that none of us rely on receiving the old sticky bag tags through the post for a while, if ever again! I will be using the paper version you get from the website, using my origami skills & then my plastic bag tag holders!