power on board

eight88

We are doing our first Celebrity cruise on Equinox departing Sept 3rd.:)

As we are from Australia and it is our first Celebrity cruise can someone please advise what power adaptors we will need to bring ...USA/European?

The stateroom will have two USA/North American 110V outlets and one or two European 220V outlets. All will be by the desk in the main part of the cabin.

I have not been on the ship that OP is inquiring, but I took pictures of the outlets on a different ship that I am including here.

Lsimon , perhaps you can verify that they are (the outlets in the pictures) what you have seen.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=217612&d=1326222023

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=217613&d=1326222137

[/size]

Edited by wieslaw

As we are from Australia and it is our first Celebrity cruise can someone please advise what power adaptors we will need to bring ...USA/European?

They have both, just bring a US plug.:D

Actually, bringing a European adapter isn't a bad idea if you already have one -- it gets you an extra outlet in the room!

Good idea, I normally have several of each plug, so I can charge phone, tablet, razor, camera etc. Having one of each will do the trick as well. :D

Hi,

In my post above I included photos of the outlets that you can expect to see on the Equinox. I have not cruised on the Equinox but I have cruised on many of the other Celebrity ships and the photos represent what I have seen on the other ships.

Keep in mind what is it that you want to plug in in the outlets on the cruise ship.

You are from Australia and I believe that the electrical current used there is 240Volts - so the items that you will be bringing with you are probably made to operate on 240 volts. So the best adapter that will work for you is the european schuko grounded #4G ( look at this link)

http://www.walkabouttravelgear.com/4G.htm#bottom

that adapter will fit the european style outlet on the ship ( 230Volts) and the voltage is close enough that will not cause any problems for your items. The australian plug from your electrical items will fit in the front of the #4G adapter.

I do not recommend to use any adapters for the N. America outlets - the voltage in them is only 120Volts and you will need to use an adapter and aditional transformer if you want to run your australian electrical items.

Some of them will run on 120 volts ( if they are made to run on multiple voltages) but some will not and a transformer is needed.

Do not use the outlet in the bathroom - it is made to handle a very small amount of amperage and you can do some damage if you plug in there something that requires a lot of amperage. I do not remeber the exact amount, but I think that outlet can only handle 400 mili amps, there is a warning printed there somplace.

Edited by wieslaw

Good idea, I normally have several of each plug, so I can charge phone, tablet, razor, camera etc. Having one of each will do the trick as well. :D

:) Glad I could help. My travel "secret" is one of these:

31Gz4KpCCZL._AA300_.jpg

Belkin Mini Surge Protector. It doesn't work with plug adapters (due to surge suppression) but in US hotels and on ships, it is great.

Whilst this question is raised, we sail on Eclipse in March, and I presume from the answers so far, that it is the same plugs on Eclipse 2 US and 2 European adapters..

Thanks

Standard staterooms on the Eclipse, and other S class ships, have 2 North American 110V and 1 European 220V.

IMG3908-W-M.jpg

• 4 years later...
Cheers, either way Aussies will need plug convertors.:D

Hey Mic

I know this is an old post but thought you'd be able to answer my question. Was looking at buying this power adapter on Kogan: Allocacoc PowerCube with 4 Outlets and 2 USB Ports 1.5mIs this the right wattage for the cabin: Input Voltage 110-240V?

Celebrity's site wont work and I don't want to buy it if I can't use it.

Thanks heaps :)

Cheers

Deb :D

Save

:) Glad I could help. My travel "secret" is one of these:

31Gz4KpCCZL._AA300_.jpg

Belkin Mini Surge Protector. It doesn't work with plug adapters (due to surge suppression) but in US hotels and on ships, it is great.

In fact, that will work with plug adapters, they have no bearing on surge protection, but the difference in voltage will be a problem. Use this in US hotels as much as you like, but do not use this on the ship as surge protectors are what the whole uproar over power strips and extension cords is all about. Surge protectors are not designed for shipboard electrical systems, and can and have caused fires.

It will work just fine I have used mine on MSC and Carnival. Just make sure it does not have a surge protector, as they make them both ways.

DSC00255_zpsk6klrqwp.jpg

EM

Where did you find one without surge protection? I did a search, including the companies own site, and could only find ones that were surge protected.

Stan