Bring back chocolates on the pillow

jakzak10

So what do diabetics get because they don't eat sugar items like chocolate? Why should we have to pay extra to have something in our room we can't consume? Princess still delivers the chocolates every night and we tell them no thank you, and we don't have to pay extra for it.

Advice for today, there's no free lunch. You are paying for them on Princess.....

Chocolates on the pillow are one of those nice little touches they have been taking away (freebies in the bathroom, etc). All those nice little touches added up together made you feel special on vacation. They should get back to more of that, instead of sky rides, and imax theatres.

Chocolates on the pillow are one of those nice little touches they have been taking away (freebies in the bathroom, etc). All those nice little touches added up together made you feel special on vacation. They should get back to more of that, instead of sky rides, and imax theatres.

Carnival never paid for the freebies in the bathrooms. The companies that made them provided the samples to get you to try them, hoping that you would go out and buy their product. Most companies have quit giving out samples to cut costs.

I for one would be willing to pay 1 extra dollar on my cruise fare to bring back the nightly chocolates. Carnival, that's 15 cents a night per chocolate, you can still make money.

Let's see what else we can bring back, with a cost factor, and not raise the price of the cruise by more than 10.00 per person.

Actually make sure you specify bringing back the real deal. The crap they swapped in was so back couldn't even be called chocolate, and then they "wondered why people said they didn't like them".

That's because people don't like to eat crap.

Actually make sure you specify bringing back the real deal. The crap they swapped in was so back couldn't even be called chocolate, and then they "wondered why people said they didn't like them".

That's because people don't like to eat crap.

Could be they cheapened the chocolate just so they could say people dont like them and so they could be eliminated.

That's exactly what they did. I called it when they pulled the swap.

They did the same with the farewell party. Didnt publicize it at all and made it for the most inconvenient time so the waitstaff outnumbered passengers.

As a result it was really set up to fail.

Carnival never paid for the freebies in the bathrooms. The companies that made them provided the samples to get you to try them, hoping that you would go out and buy their product. Most companies have quit giving out samples to cut costs.

The soap and the shampoo once upon a time were donated. They may still be.

The price of chocolate isn't what it used to be. Once upon a time, a candy bar was a nickel. I'm glad Carnival didn't raise prices to keep an amenity most people threw away.

A lot of chocolate isn't happy in Caribbean temperatures. At least what Carnival was giving away seem to be melt resistant in your luggage. Some people might prefer a chocolate mess. YMMV.

21st cruise coming up in a few weeks, never ate but one of those nasty things in 20 cruises. Thats all it took to learn they were horrible. They all hit the trash can on the last day of the cruise, so no loss for us. :D:D

Edited by cruisinpips

Advice for today, there's no free lunch. You are paying for them on Princess.....

Maybe we are, but they don't leave them for us. There's other things on the ship we don't use but are paying for. The remark originally was "raise the price $1 and give me the chocolates." I say no.

That's exactly what it is. I always saved them and gave them to my kids. If they didn't go with me on the cruise, they were super excited to get them when I got home.

That's exactly what it is. I always saved them and gave them to my kids. If they didn't go with me on the cruise, they were super excited to get them when I got home.

That's why it was special to those first time cruisers. All those unexpected things that were never in a brochure. All those personal touches, up to and including coming back to your room at night and getting that turn down service.

Pretty much all gone. They were even trying to get rid of that turn down service till it blew up in their faces. Even the cover up and lies were comical.

BTW, anyone get a picture yet of the Carnival Comfort card with the word both?

That's why it was special to those first time cruisers. All those unexpected things that were never in a brochure. All those personal touches, up to and including coming back to your room at night and getting that turn down service.

Pretty much all gone. They were even trying to get rid of that turn down service till it blew up in their faces. Even the cover up and lies were comical.

BTW, anyone get a picture yet of the Carnival Comfort card with the word both?

First off, back in January on the Dream we received a comfort card from Eduardo and I simply checked morning and evening and my room was serviced twice. I don't believe it blew up in their face when they decided they needed to make it more clearer and changed the form to reflect what their original intention was. Secondly, I have attached a copy of the corrected care card to reflect that everyone has three different choices, and even though it didn't spell it that way originally all people had to do was check both, or ask.

care.jpg.15034352f4798417c5905d06d97f44c9.jpg

First off, back in January on the Dream we received a comfort card from Eduardo and I simply checked morning and evening and my room was serviced twice. I don't believe it blew up in their face when they decided they needed to make it more clearer and changed the form to reflect what their original intention was. Secondly, I have attached a copy of the corrected care card to reflect that everyone has three different choices, and even though it didn't spell it that way originally all people had to do was check both, or ask.

That's the same artist rendering they tried to pass off way back when, with the same phony code on the bottom right.

Do YOU have a picture of YOUR form?

That's the same artist rendering they tried to pass off way back when, with the same phony code on the bottom right.

Do YOU have a picture of YOUR form?

That's interesting. My form was back when they first implemented the care card. As I said, I just checked both as it didn't indicate only check one and I had no issue. I'm sure there are people currently on ships that can get a copy of the new card. It makes total sense that they aren't able to start the new cards until the supply of the old ones are depleted which would mean it will be happening at different paces. That card picture came from John's page.