Tours/OBC

nyfeds

We are first time Azmara cruisers. If we opt for booking Azmara tours, can we pre-book them, then cancel when on-board and re-book the same tours using our OBC - provided there is availability? I want to get a jump on reserving the tours we want. However, I would like to use our OBC to pay for some, if not all, of them.

Thanks!

Denise

It only helps if you have non refundable OBC or OBC that can only be used for land discoveries. If you pre-book, yes, you can cancel once on board. You will get refunded in refundable OBC that is then credited back to your credit card at the end of the cruise. For rebooking your tours, you can then use your non refundable OBC or OBC for land discoveries. A bit complicated and a hassle, but it has worked for me.

No, I'm afraid Azamara no longer allow this, there has been some discussion on this board about this and Azamara are looking into the situation. Hopefully there will be a positive outcome and we will be able to reserve in advance and pay using OBC when onboard, but I can see that it will probably be a while away yet.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It only helps if you have non refundable OBC or OBC that can only be used for land discoveries. If you pre-book, yes, you can cancel once on board. You will get refunded in refundable OBC that is then credited back to your credit card at the end of the cruise. For rebooking your tours, you can then use your non refundable OBC or OBC for land discoveries. A bit complicated and a hassle, but it has worked for me.

Floris,

I don't know if you have done this recently but we were told in January that Miami no longer allowed you to cancel and book the same trip, you could cancel and book a different trip but definitely not the one that had been pre-booked. I think others have been told the same thing since, we will be on Journey on Monday and will check it out in case the situation has changed.

No, I'm afraid Azamara no longer allow this, there has been some discussion on this board about this and Azamara are looking into the situation. Hopefully there will be a positive outcome and we will be able to reserve in advance and pay using OBC when onboard, but I can see that it will probably be a while away yet.

I'm hearing it'll be 2017

We are on Quest for our first Azamara cruise after many Celebrity cruises for this November. We have the $400 OBC for excursions and have lately seen excursions we have in mind disappearing from our sailing.

After this and other discussions about not getting the choices onboard we wanted, we are getting very concerned. We no longer can do a lot of beach time/ snorkeling and so our LE choices are more limited. The value of this booking "perk" seems to be diminishing every week.

Now Bonnie is saying possibly no resolution on this till next year. Not helpful for those of us sailing in the next 4 or so months, unfortunately. I admit to being disappointed in Azamara as a new adventure for us if this "perk" is not really what it was said to be.

Anyone with suggestions?

No suggestions, just commiseration.

I think we can agree that this aspect of the Like promotion is not working out for the customers. Instead of looking forward to embarkation, I feel a burden of needing to get to the tour desk and quickly figuring out what we are going to use the money on when I would rather be getting something to eat.

I know it would never happen but I wish they would just give me back the $.

Land Discoveries is what they call their tour department.

Like package is here: https://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/booked-guests/onboard-packages/more-love-packages

There was a promotion being run earlier that included the Like package with every booking.

The problem is the tour credit given in the Like package is $400 per stateroom and this credit can only be spent once onboard. We cannot prebook a tour using this money. A cruiser recently reported that many tours were fully booked or were cancelled before embarkation. In other words, the company thought there was no interest in the tours when in fact people were unable to express interest by prebooking it.

Floris,

I don't know if you have done this recently but we were told in January that Miami no longer allowed you to cancel and book the same trip, you could cancel and book a different trip but definitely not the one that had been pre-booked. I think others have been told the same thing since, we will be on Journey on Monday and will check it out in case the situation has changed.

It worked fine this week. You don't ask or discuss. You just do. Go to the desk and cancel. Go back a few hours later and rebook. Done!

It worked fine this week. You don't ask or discuss. You just do. Go to the desk and cancel. Go back a few hours later and rebook. Done!

Bonnie

Is this a workable temporary solution for the rest of 2016 then?

No suggestions, just commiseration.

I think we can agree that this aspect of the Like promotion is not working out for the customers. Instead of looking forward to embarkation, I feel a burden of needing to get to the tour desk and quickly figuring out what we are going to use the money on when I would rather be getting something to eat.

I know it would never happen but I wish they would just give me back the $.

This is probably my biggest beef...who wants to begin a beautiful cruise standing in line waiting, hoping, haggling for tours just in order to spend the promotional OBC? :(

You can book on the tv but will not have access to your room until after 1330. I do agree the line was long on embarkation day, one trip I was told I got the last 2 tickets at 1210. I'm not sure how much that was pressure to get me to commit as opposed to reality though.

I'm an on a b2b next year and have $300 land discoveries credit . Will we be able to carry forward any unused credit to the second week of book tours got week 2 when we initially board - we also have $500 obc yo be used for anything

No each cruise is a separate book keeping activity so they will not allow carry over

That would normally be acceptable - however I originally booked a 14 day cruise that was cancelled . The alternative was b2b . If they are now classed as 2 separate booking then surely I should get two lots of $300 land discoveries credit . The other obc is compensation .

Bonnie - any advice ?