Emerald Princess

Scott531

Do you by any chance have your Patters for the Alaska trip? I'm going in September on the Emerald and was wondering what they had in store for us. Sounds like you had a great trip - hope mine is also. Thanks!

AF-1 posted his patters in a separate thread where he reviewed his cruise. It's titles Emerald something something Happy Camper is in the tittle. It's a fairly long thread with lots of great info

You will be told when you check in, it will be on the cruise card which dinning rooming you are assigned to

Unless you are on a ship when the Medallions are implemented. This info will not be on the Medallion itself.

If your kids want they can walk to downtown. It's about 15 min brisk walk. There is a shuttle service at the port which cost $10 for round trip. And a nice way to see the city is by booking a horse drawn carriage tour. Princess offers those

Another option in Victoria is to walk to Fisherman's Wharf and have a look around there (colourful float homes, a few little shops, and places to eat including great fish and chips at Barb's). From there, take one of the little flat top passenger boats (we locals call them the pickle boats - real name is the Victoria Harbour Ferry) across the Inner Harbour to Spinnakers Brew Pub which has good local beers. There is also a pickle boat pub crawl ($25 pp) but we haven't done it so I can't speak from personal experience.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2522234

Hi all, Those who asked about Patters this is a link to my Emerald Review; you will find day 1-4 of the Patters . I am currently out of town and will post the remaining three days when I return on Tuesday Have fun reading; as always, if you have any questions please ask. I will be glad to reply

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2522234

Hi all, Those who asked about Patters this is a link to my Emerald Review; you will find day 1-4 of the Patters . I am currently out of town and will post the remaining three days when I return on Tuesday Have fun reading; as always, if you have any questions please ask. I will be glad to reply

Thanks for posting the link.....:):):)

Bob

Just got off the Emerald Princess this morning (6/25) after Alaska cruise. Any questions please ask.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Forums mobile app

we have booked this cruise for 2018 in a suite on the deck below the Lido and wonder how much use the pool got and the area around the ice cream stand or possible the opposite side by the bathrooms. I have heard so much criticism about the noise and am hoping the pool area is used less in Alaska.

we have booked this cruise for 2018 in a suite on the deck below the Lido and wonder how much use the pool got and the area around the ice cream stand or possible the opposite side by the bathrooms. I have heard so much criticism about the noise and am hoping the pool area is used less in Alaska.

There are cabin reviews on CC. You should read them. People use the hot tub and they spend time on deck viewing the beautiful scenery. Lots of folks are on deck when going through Tracy Arm. I believe, Princess has MUTS at night and they give blankets and hot chocolate.

If the reviews say it is noisy then I would be leery.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

There are cabin reviews on CC. You should read them. People use the hot tub and they spend time on deck viewing the beautiful scenery. Lots of folks are on deck when going through Tracy Arm. I believe, Princess has MUTS at night and they give blankets and hot chocolate.

If the reviews say it is noisy then I would be leery.

I was on Emerald in Jul 9-16. Not many people used the pools. It was in hi 50's low 60s all cruise

pool was not that busy on my cruise; however, lots of people we using the loungers at the pool. The ice cream bar got heavy use all cruise. I would say Trident Grill, Pizza, and Ice Cream all were used a lot. the pizza parlor seemed busy from time it opened at 11am till it closed at 11pm

There are cabin reviews on CC. You should read them. People use the hot tub and they spend time on deck viewing the beautiful scenery. Lots of folks are on deck when going through Tracy Arm. I believe, Princess has MUTS at night and they give blankets and hot chocolate. If the reviews say it is noisy then I would be leery.

Thanks...looked at as many reviews as possible and "yes" noise was a big topic so we switched to another ship/another cruise. Too risky and too expensive to walk into a known situation.

There are cabin reviews on CC. You should read them. People use the hot tub and they spend time on deck viewing the beautiful scenery. Lots of folks are on deck when going through Tracy Arm. I believe, Princess has MUTS at night and they give blankets and hot chocolate. If the reviews say it is noisy then I would be leery.

Thanks...looked at as many reviews as possible and "yes" noise was a big topic so we switched to another ship/another cruise. Too risky and too expensive to walk into a known situation.

I would not have booked that room if it was noisy. I never take a guarantee because I worry about cabin location. As you rightly said, it is too expensive to take the risk. Enjoy your trip.

We once had a balcony Aloha - directly under the pool area on Lido. People said the noise from MUTS, smoke from Lido deck, and chairs scraping on the deck early in the morning when the crew was moving them around would be absolutely horrible.

We didn't hear MUTS, didn't smell any smoke, and didn't hear any chair scraping. It was a 15 day cruise and we had no complaints about the cabin at all. We were in cabin A408 on Star Princess. That put us right under the public deck on the Port side of the Neptune's Reef pool. Not a sound from above.

• 2 weeks later...