Port Everglades - b2b - different ships

kb4683

Also posted this on Florida Departures board.

I'm sure I have seen this somewhere on CC, but no searches have found it.

We will be disembarking the Crown Princess on 4/2/17 and embarking the Regal Princess on the same day.

Pretty sure the Regal will be at Terminal 2, no idea where Crown will be berthed (possibly 21).

Question is, how do we get from Crown to Regal - is there some kind of port shuttle?

Thanks!

-Princess may have a shuttle, you will have to ask while on the ship.

_There is an in port garage shuttle that goes from the mid-port garage to the north port garage

-An in port taxi transfer is $10+tip. It is the minimum fare.

Interesting question. We have never done a b2b on different ships. Does Princess make the baggage transfer?

-Princess may have a shuttle, you will have to ask while on the ship.

_There is an in port garage shuttle that goes from the mid-port garage to the north port garage

-An in port taxi transfer is $10+tip. It is the minimum fare.

Thanks, sknight!

From another thread:

We did this from pier 2 to midport (26?). There was a free shuttle in the garage area, near the taxi line.

I will add, however, that Passenger Services onboard was of no help and said they didn't handle anything off the ship, and that we had to ask the landside people. Port reps kept steering us to the taxis. My eagle-eyed husband spotted the shuttle to the left of the crosswalk as we were headed towards the taxis. Sounds like PSD might be better at it now.

At times two Princess ships are at terminal 2 docks. Makes for easy short walk-across access & a porter can help with luggage if needed. We've done this twice from Royal to Emerald at terminal 2 - request late disembarkation for a more relaxed morning & to avoid some of the port load rush to next ship embarkation. Check out PEV ship port schedules.

• 5 months later...

How was your experience transferring ships? I'm getting ready to book a B2B and I'm thinking about doing either the Crown twice or Crown to Regal. I like the itinerary for the Crown to Regal, but I'm nervous it might be a hassle transferring ships and waiting in lines all day. Which ship did you like best?

We went from the Carribean Princess to the Regal last Dec. Carried our luggage, took the Princess offered shuttle bus along with about 20 other couples, to the Regal.

Very easy

Many people don't realize that Princess offers free shuttle from ship to ship.

Also- if you drive to the port in Florida and utilize a parking lot that has free shuttles, you can use their shuttle to go from one ship to the other with no charge.

Our ship was right next to the one we got off so we just asked a porter and he walked us and our luggage over. Depending on how far you have to go and how much luggage you actually have, you could just walk if it's not too far. You need to find out where each ship is berthed. There is a website map of the Port.

f8a60b404754fcbe5c394372256dc05c.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Not to split hairs but having to change ships hardly sounds like a back to back cruise to me. Sounds more like two cruises!

Hopefully it's cheaper though.

It is splitting hairs. It's two cruises and they are back to back. Unless I'm missing a cruise jargon dictionary that excludes this type of cruising from being labeled b2b.

How was your experience transferring ships? I'm getting ready to book a B2B and I'm thinking about doing either the Crown twice or Crown to Regal. I like the itinerary for the Crown to Regal, but I'm nervous it might be a hassle transferring ships and waiting in lines all day. Which ship did you like best?

We were assigned a disembarkation group that was transfer to Regal, but no further instructions. After we exited customs and immigration, we joined a long line waiting for transportation. Finally, DH went looking for the Princess transfer bus to Regal while I kept our place in line. When he found the bus, the rep had our names on a clipboard to confirm our transfer. There was a bit of confusion because the driver wanted all baggage in the hold which was to be dropped off at Regal (not handled by us). Of course, we wanted our carry-on bags with us on the bus. The rep and the driver went round and round and finally got a supervisor involved. We were allowed to keep our carry-ons.

Several of us on the bus requested that we be allowed to handle our checked bags as well (after the fiasco trying to board). The driver did let us take our own bags to the porters. (We wanted to do this because this was a TA and we were traveling in Europe after the cruise and wanted to make sure all our checked luggage was turned over to the proper people.)

We sat on the bus for probably an hour waiting for others on the list who couldn't find the bus because of lack of instructions (finally left without them). It could have gone smoother if we had been told to skip the transportation line and look for the transfer bus or if someone had been posted along the line with a sign for transfer to Regal.

We have done this before. We talked to the Cap. Circle rep a few days before the end of the cruise. We ended up with our own disembarkation colour tag code - it was near the end of the codes called. Once outside we talked to a Princess rep who radioed someone and got us directions to where a bus was waiting. Our luggage was loaded on and off we went just like any other shuttle bus to the next ship.

Your luggage then gets dropped off like other arriving passengers - you will still be early for checking in and embarking the next ship so you can get in line or go somewhere else.

We have done this before. We talked to the Cap. Circle rep a few days before the end of the cruise. We ended up with our own disembarkation colour tag code - it was near the end of the codes called. Once outside we talked to a Princess rep who radioed someone and got us directions to where a bus was waiting. Our luggage was loaded on and off we went just like any other shuttle bus to the next ship.

Your luggage then gets dropped off like other arriving passengers - you will still be early for checking in and embarking the next ship so you can get in line or go somewhere else.

Sounds like a typical boarding to me. Somewhere around 10:45 might be a good time to start lining up before the crowd get to big. When they drop you luggage in the porter area you can either give it to them or wheel it on yourself.