Still not assigned a room yet

ann41

Still nothing for me for the May 22 sailing.

I've read in other threads that some people sailing the Getaway in June got their balcony rooms already. :confused:

Saw that thread, too. Pretty jealous. Stillll waiting.. though I did have a dream last night about getting it assigned so fingers crossed today is the day! :D

Still nothing for me for the May 22 sailing.

I've read in other threads that some people sailing the Getaway in June got their balcony rooms already. :confused:

Don't feel lonely. I am 18 days out from my sailing on the Escape and still have not been assigned a balcony cabin. I believe this is because there still a number of open cabins that NCL is trying to sell so they are holding as long as possible. This seems to be common for May sailings on Escape and G/A.

So I bet there are a number of us waiting.

Saw that thread, too. Pretty jealous. Stillll waiting.. though I did have a dream last night about getting it assigned so fingers crossed today is the day! :D

lol well good luck!

Don't feel lonely. I am 18 days out from my sailing on the Escape and still have not been assigned a balcony cabin. I believe this is because there still a number of open cabins that NCL is trying to sell so they are holding as long as possible. This seems to be common for May sailings on Escape and G/A.

Ya that makes sense but I checked out the June Getaway sailings and there seems to be even more balcony rooms available on those dates than mine. Oh well, I know I'll be on a ship in a balcony room in a few weeks, thats all that really matters! I just can't help but be curious especially since we are sailing with friends and we want to see if we are close to each other or not!

20 days to go and I haven't received my room number yet.

Anyone else?

13 days out. No assignment yet.

I did call upsell this morning to see if I could upsell to B9 or B1 but they only offered the last Haven for 750pp.. noooope! I'll just keep waiting. :P

13 days out. No assignment yet.

I did call upsell this morning to see if I could upsell to B9 or B1 but they only offered the last Haven for 750pp.. noooope! I'll just keep waiting. :P

ahh. I was wondering if you got your room yet. I'm assuming I won't get mine before you get yours lol. So I'm looking forward to hearing you say your room has been assigned :p

ahh. I was wondering if you got your room yet. I'm assuming I won't get mine before you get yours lol. So I'm looking forward to hearing you say your room has been assigned :p

I will be sure to let you know when I do! :)

lol well good luck!

Ya that makes sense but I checked out the June Getaway sailings and there seems to be even more balcony rooms available on those dates than mine. Oh well, I know I'll be on a ship in a balcony room in a few weeks, thats all that really matters! I just can't help but be curious especially since we are sailing with friends and we want to see if we are close to each other or not!

Could you tell me how you check how many rooms are left in a category? When I go on to make a "fake booking" it doesn't let me see available cabins. It automatically takes me to the "guarantee price" and doesn't show me cabins to pick from, even if I select just inside (I don't select guarantee). Is there a time frame that might be too close to sailing to see empty cabins? I sail June 5th on Breakaway and wanted to know how many insides are left.

Could you tell me how you check how many rooms are left in a category? When I go on to make a "fake booking" it doesn't let me see available cabins. It automatically takes me to the "guarantee price" and doesn't show me cabins to pick from, even if I select just inside (I don't select guarantee). Is there a time frame that might be too close to sailing to see empty cabins? I sail June 5th on Breakaway and wanted to know how many insides are left.

I don't think NCL shows exactly how many rooms are left in a category. When I posted my comment about how many rooms seemed to be available, I was going by which categories had already said sold out. Some balcony categories for my May 22 sailing say sold out, however on the June 5th sailing, none of the categories were sold out at that time.

As for you not being able to select any cabins when doing a mock booking, I'm not sure why its automatically taking you to the guarantee only options.

I don't think NCL shows exactly how many rooms are left in a category. When I posted my comment about how many rooms seemed to be available, I was going by which categories had already said sold out. Some balcony categories for my May 22 sailing say sold out, however on the June 5th sailing, none of the categories were sold out at that time.

As for you not being able to select any cabins when doing a mock booking, I'm not sure why its automatically taking you to the guarantee only options.

Thank you for the reply!

Hey Dani. We got our assignment today! Yours should be coming soon!!

Woo congrats! I hope we do get ours soon. I check about every 5 minutes! What category did you get - upgrade?

Edited by DaniJo

Woo congrats! I hope we do get ours soon. I check about every 5 minutes! What category did you get - upgrade?

Unfortunately no... We were hoping! I had checked into upsell too but they were only offering haven. I saw you got an offer of $750, when I called it was $1250 pp. We ended up getting our guarenteed balcony. Hoping good thoughts for an upgrade for you!!

Unfortunately no... We were hoping! I had checked into upsell too but they were only offering haven. I saw you got an offer of $750, when I called it was $1250 pp. We ended up getting our guarenteed balcony. Hoping good thoughts for an upgrade for you!!

Oh too bad. What balcony category did you get.. not that I think there is any rhyme or reason to them assigning.

Yeah $750pp isn't too bad especially for what we paid but we don't really want to be in Haven but we wouldn't mind a spa balcony!

Today the NCL site says that every balcony category except for the Aft balcony rooms are sold out for my cruise. But I still don't have a room assigned lol.

Oh wow Aft balconies are the best. I hope you get one

Oh wow Aft balconies are the best. I hope you get one

that would be amazing!

So now it is showing that there are other balcony categories available again. But when I click them it says this category is sold out lol.

Who knows whats going on.

I'm going to take a guess here that there are no more inside rooms available, and you're on a "waiting list" of sorts (but you'll definitely get a cabin). If they are able to upsell inside people to balconies, etc., then they can give you an inside room. If not enough people upsell, they'll have to give you a higher level cabin.

They'd rather get someone paying a few extra bucks to move up, than have to give you the "nicer" cabin at your "cheap" inside-guarantee rate.

Again, this is just conjecture; do not rely on this.

--Michael

I'm going to take a guess here that there are no more inside rooms available, and you're on a "waiting list" of sorts (but you'll definitely get a cabin). If they are able to upsell inside people to balconies, etc., then they can give you an inside room. If not enough people upsell, they'll have to give you a higher level cabin.

They'd rather get someone paying a few extra bucks to move up, than have to give you the "nicer" cabin at your "cheap" inside-guarantee rate.

Again, this is just conjecture; do not rely on this.

--Michael

Your guess was totally right! I went on this morning and it said "Sold Out" for inside cabins. Yesterday let me select "inside" but nothing would come up except guarantee.

I'm hoping that with all the inside cabins sold out, and many balconies left, I just may get lucky and get a better cabin! That is, if people don't decide purchase the better balconies due to upsells. I'll just be happy to be on the ship, regardless where I am!

Awesome! Sounds like you ended up in a great location! Hope you have a wonderful cruise.

Thanks! I'm happy with it. Still tempted to call upsell about a spa balcony just because I can haha

I hope you get assigned soon! :)

Thanks! I'm happy with it. Still tempted to call upsell about a spa balcony just because I can haha

I hope you get assigned soon! :)

well good luck if you do end up calling upsell!

I'm hoping/thinking I'll get my room within a week!

We are Guaranteed Balcony on Escape May 21, still waiting!