Still not assigned a room yet

ann41

I am playing the waiting game too! I am sailing on the Getaway on 5/1 and check like 3 times a day. I check the edocs and it just says StateRoom GTY - Deck 0. :eek: LOL

I am sailing on the Jewel on May 1 and I got my guarantee balcony cabin over a week ago....I received a BA midships....very pleased.

Edited by Theodorable

I am playing the waiting game too! I am sailing on the Getaway on 5/1 and check like 3 times a day. I check the edocs and it just says StateRoom GTY - Deck 0. :eek: LOL

Mine edocs say nothing at all, it just has a little thing that says download but nothing is there at all to download :(

It is killing me!!!! I sail on the Getaway May 22nd and we have not gotten our cabin assignment yet...I know it might not be given until closer to the cruise...I just want to know where our cabin will be located! We booked a GTY mini-suite so I know we only have so many areas on each deck we could be assigned ...NCL is making me sweat it out wondering!!!!!...it is literally the last thing I am waiting on!!!! I am also guilty of checking daily!!!!

Would someone explain to me the benefit of booking a "guaranteed" cabin, as opposed to just booking a cabin? I am booked on the January 15th Getaway, and I have known my cabin since the day I booked this past January. I saw that there was a "guarantee cabin" rate, but did not understand that, because I have paid for and have a cabin---guaranteed. As a matter of fact, once booked, I noticed that the assigned cabin was actually under Mixx nightclub, so I called and moved it. At that time, I was told there was only one other cabin on that deck in my category to choose from, and I took it (under the theater, but I figure there was a better chance for sleep under a theater that a show ends at a set time, rather than a night club). He did tell me I could switch to a "guaranteed cabin" if I wanted but I had gotten such a great promotional price, the "guaranteed cabin" would be much more. Needless to say, I did not switch to "guaranteed". But I would like someone to explain it to me for future cruises. I don't think I ever noticed this before on other lines, and this is our first NCL cruise. If it was offered, I just never noticed. Thank you in advance for any response.

Would someone explain to me the benefit of booking a "guaranteed" cabin, as opposed to just booking a cabin? I am booked on the January 15th Getaway, and I have known my cabin since the day I booked this past January. I saw that there was a "guarantee cabin" rate, but did not understand that, because I have paid for and have a cabin---guaranteed. As a matter of fact, once booked, I noticed that the assigned cabin was actually under Mixx nightclub, so I called and moved it. At that time, I was told there was only one other cabin on that deck in my category to choose from, and I took it (under the theater, but I figure there was a better chance for sleep under a theater that a show ends at a set time, rather than a night club). He did tell me I could switch to a "guaranteed cabin" if I wanted but I had gotten such a great promotional price, the "guaranteed cabin" would be much more. Needless to say, I did not switch to "guaranteed". But I would like someone to explain it to me for future cruises. I don't think I ever noticed this before on other lines, and this is our first NCL cruise. If it was offered, I just never noticed. Thank you in advance for any response.

Most cruise lines offer "guarantee" cabins. Generally the price is lower, which is why people tend to like them. You pick a category and you will get assigned a room in that category or better. You cannot choose your exact room-- they choose it for you.

I don't like them generally, because I like to have a stateroom above and below me to help with noise. You basically get whatever cabins are left over.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

It is killing me!!!! I sail on the Getaway May 22nd and we have not gotten our cabin assignment yet...I know it might not be given until closer to the cruise...I just want to know where our cabin will be located! We booked a GTY mini-suite so I know we only have so many areas on each deck we could be assigned ...NCL is making me sweat it out wondering!!!!!...it is literally the last thing I am waiting on!!!! I am also guilty of checking daily!!!!

Me too ! My hubby keeps saying why are you looking all the time I'm like I don't know I just want to see it listed ! Lol

As I mentioned back in post 11 in response to your earlier post:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=49641548&postcount=11

Basically it's usually cheaper and you may ever get an upgrade to a higher class of cabin.

Edited by jimsig

So I guess I'll start waiting a few weeks to keep checking since others who are traveling at an earlier time have not even received their assignment .

This way I won't put added traffic on NCL site ;)

Who am I kidding I just checked :D lol

Edited by ann41

A relative sailing on 16-nt transatlantic leaving 4/16 received assignment 4/9. It was not there on 4/8 when checking gty and booked over 6 months ago. Don't hold your breath too long as it can technically be assigned up until arriving at the port [emoji6]

Has anyone had an assigned guarantee cabin they did not like?

We are looking at a cruise on the Star and will probably go for an obstructed guarantee. Looking at decks above and below, you could get a cabin maybe with some noise. There is also the promenade deck to consider if you get a cabin below it and someone decides to jog at 5 am. Or as someone has said on a thread, they were on a deck below the jogging track, which was about deck 13, and there were joggers late at night and early in the morning.

Has anyone had an assigned guarantee cabin they did not like?

We are looking at a cruise on the Star and will probably go for an obstructed guarantee. Looking at decks above and below, you could get a cabin maybe with some noise. There is also the promenade deck to consider if you get a cabin below it and someone decides to jog at 5 am. Or as someone has said on a thread, they were on a deck below the jogging track, which was about deck 13, and there were joggers late at night and early in the morning.

That's the chance you take. I usually do not book guarantee cabin but the price was right so I will just hope for the best

We're on the Escape the week before you, and just got our room assignment today (19 days out). HTH

Thank you !

How did you find out, by looking at your edocs or by email ?

If you don't mind me asking was it what you booked ?

Edited by ann41