what happened to infinity cruises in Sept 2016?

promedic

We are booked on the Infinity for 9/18/2016 and yesterday it showed the cruise as sold out. Today the cruise doesn't even show up on the website. What's up? Where is infinity disappearing to in September 2016? Is our cruise cancelled? Why isn't celebrity telling us anything?

Do you mean when you log into celebritycruises.com, check your cruises and other such, it does not show up?

If that is the case (your booked cruise does not show up when logging on), have you tried ringing your TA or CC to find out what is happening? Could be just a glitch, as is reported often, with the website.

Bon Voyage...

Just checked and the 18 Sep 2016 Panama Canal cruise from San Diego to Ft Lauderdale is listed with lots of SRs available.

The early Sep Alaska cruise shows, but haven't seen the West Coast cruise Infinity makes from Vancouver to San Diego. May check deeper.

But your cruise is there and shows availability. Hope you enjoy it. That is a great itinerary.

Den

Too many threads now about Infinity and other ships showing sold out....no word from X but our cruise for 10/17/16 is still listed in our My Celebrity

hoping some threads can be combined and we find out the scoop....can they all be sold out so soon or gobbled up by TAs?

Well our sept 18,2016 cruise went from sold out, to being removed from the website, to reappearing this morning with all cabin classes available. I don't get it! What the heck is going on over there at X???

The problem I have noticed is that when a sailing is sold out it drops off the website. If they just left it on showing all the categories sold out this concern would not develop

Our Oct Japan cruise has been off X's website for months but just lately has showed up again with some Insides, OV and Suites available.

The problem I have noticed is that when a sailing is sold out it drops off the website. If they just left it on showing all the categories sold out this concern would not develop

Our Oct Japan cruise has been off X's website for months but just lately has showed up again with some Insides, OV and Suites available.

Helpful information for future reference. In the case of the Infinity, there are multiple dates affected and the two sailing we have impacted by this "oddity" had ample vacancy across cabin categories before disappearing. Perhaps the other sail dates will go live again like the 9/18 sailing did this morning.

We are booked on the coastal Sept 11/16. There is talk about the ship being chartered for a "tech" conference in San Francisco OR a Fortune 500 Club booked up rest of rooms which would make the ship now full. My TA is looking into it extensively. He noticed a drastic price reduction just before it being "lost" and non-bookable. He is trying to get the reduction for me and finding out if we will be cancelled or just have a lot of wealthy ppl sailing with us.

I hope its the latter, as we are looking forward to this cruise.

Well our sept 18,2016 cruise went from sold out, to being removed from the website, to reappearing this morning with all cabin classes available. I don't get it! What the heck is going on over there at X???

Our cruise has disappeared AGAIN!!

I have the Oct 17 cruise booked. Am having mixed emotions. I would be disappointed if it were canceled but then again it would also mean that I am saving some money to be used for something else. I don't want to cancel to save the money but if Celebrity does it than I guess it was meant to be. I have booked this one because of the date and I needed somewhere to "park" or hold a reservation from a cruise that I decided not to do this past March. I guess I am getting cruised out as the cruises have seemed to lose their luster and for me are getting to be boring. Too much laying around, eating and drinking. That is the problem with being retired, too much of a good thing takes away the novelty. I like being busy and active and adventure trips like biking thru Yellowstone, thru Alaska or Arcadia Park would be more my style.

happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

Our cruise has disappeared AGAIN!!

As I've said, there seems to be a "IT teck" conference that may be trying to book the ship as a floating hotel in San Francisco. Until Celebrity gets the whole thing sorted and gets final confirmation, they will put certain sailings "on hold". But, there is also word of a fortune 500 club taking up all cabins for a particular sailing (happen to be mine). And again, if this is true, the sailing would be put on hold until final confirmation is made for a special group.

I've seen sailings being cancelled due to ship being used as a floating hotel for the Vancouver Olympics. And, I've been involved with sales of sailing being put on hold due to a special group trying to confirm a sailing (Me doing a Bachelor Show contestant group cruise)

So, getting definitive answers at this point is slim. We will have to wait it out and see.

Thought our 10/17/16 on infinity might pop back up when they put out the sailings with overnight stays...no such luck...so we still left hanging....

.and on another cruise they dropped a nice port for an overnight in Cozumel....ick!

I spoke with Celebrity today and was able to confirm that the sailing is sold out, which is why it no longer appears on the website. These re-positioning cruises are extremely popular as they are more economical than the average cruise. I am booked and was interested in changing cabins and was told that as people change their plans and drop out, we will likely see it showing on the websites again. Hope this helps.

I spoke with Celebrity today and was able to confirm that the sailing is sold out, which is why it no longer appears on the website. These re-positioning cruises are extremely popular as they are more economical than the average cruise. I am booked and was interested in changing cabins and was told that as people change their plans and drop out, we will likely see it showing on the websites again. Hope this helps.

This is not true. The cruise would not be sold out over a year in advance. Most likely scenario is the ship is going to be chartered by SalesForce.com to used as a floating hotel for their conference. This will also shake up others cruises scheduled around it.

I honestly have never heard of this!--very disappointing to say the least, especially since we booked on board and received special perks. Do you think they would be willing to transfer those perks to another sailing if the cruise is cancelled? :confused:

Infinity 10/07/16 and 10/17/16 still missing. Was told that Celebrity Revenue Dept was working on these cruises???? and would be back on website this past week :confused:

Would like Celebrity to advise what is the problem.

I honestly have never heard of this!--very disappointing to say the least, especially since we booked on board and received special perks. Do you think they would be willing to transfer those perks to another sailing if the cruise is cancelled? :confused:

HinSusan,

Yes, I am sure you will be able to retain your special perks associated with this booking. Just don't cancel it. If this cruise is cancelled or dates are changed so that you cannot do it, just transfer this booking to another cruise. The perks associated can be kept.

Doris

That is something totally different. Yes, you can charter ships-at-sea for conventions or special groups. Our particular Sept. cruise is in question, and may be because of negotiations are in process for it being used as a "floating hotel". Meaning, it would be docked in San Francisco for convention "hotel rooms". This has been done in the past for 2010 Olympics in Vancouver.

SURPRISE! I just found this...

http://www.businessinsider.com/salesforce-hires-the-dream-boat-for-dreamforce-2015-3

That is something totally different. Yes, you can charter ships-at-sea for conventions or special groups. Our particular Sept. cruise is in question, and may be because of negotiations are in process for it being used as a "floating hotel". Meaning, it would be docked in San Francisco for convention "hotel rooms". This has been done in the past for 2010 Olympics in Vancouver.

SURPRISE! I just found this...

http://www.businessinsider.com/salesforce-hires-the-dream-boat-for-dreamforce-2015-3

I think the dates are for Sept of this year, if it is Sept of next year it shouldn't affect the Oct 17 sailing? :confused:

happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

I've noticed the article dated March 31, 2015. Well...I convinced my brother to book on April 4th, and his rate was $350 higher than mine booked on Mar. 20th (same category). Why did they up the price knowing that the ship may not be available? Why did they even let more bookings if they were negotiating back in March?