Book FREE excusions on phone to get YWC discount

alexandra cruiser

I booked my cruise shore excursions online, had 4 FREE per person. I had booked 2 more and paid the full fee for them.Then read in my roll call that if you call O and book them, ask for YWC discount , they would give discounted price(inc.the 4 free in equation).So after that you would NOT need to pay full amount. Confusing,but I did call and sure enough, got credit for those I had booked online for full amount.Saved me a bundle, since 1 was $699 ea.Got it down to $524,as just an example.

Asked about a future cruise with same, and said to call them for discount,not book online as it won t show correctly.

So, just a heads up, call and book to save money.

Thanks to the roll call section and helpful posters to alert us to a savings.

That is true.

However, you would get the YWC discount eventually on the cruise in the form of a refundable OBC - which you can cash out or use for your expenses on the cruise.

For those of us that value getting miles on our CCs (in some cases triple miles), that option is preferred.

YMMV

Edited by Paulchili

That is true.

However, you would get the YWC discount eventually on the cruise in the form of a refundable OBC - which you can cash out or use for your expenses on the cruise.

For those of us that value getting miles on our CCs (in some cases triple miles), that option is preferred.

YMMV

Paul, it is my understanding that if you book them onboard you only get a 15% discount instead of the 25% you get if you book prior to boarding.

This is when you are paying for them. It's probably the same way in this discussion. I guess you have to figure if the miles are worth the extra 10% you are giving up.

That is true.

YMMV

What is YWC? Thanks.

What is YWC? Thanks.

When you look at the excursions for your cruise you will notice 3 price points

Tour Price -you pay this price if you do not choose on of the other deals

Your World you choose a minimum # of tours to get the discount varies by cruise

Unlimited Passport -you pay a set amount & can enjoy as many excursions as you like

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/experience/ashore/shore-excursion-collections/

Edited by LHT28

Paul, it is my understanding that if you book them onboard you only get a 15% discount instead of the 25% you get if you book prior to boarding.

This is when you are paying for them. It's probably the same way in this discussion. I guess you have to figure if the miles are worth the extra 10% you are giving up.

A bit more complicated than that :)

E mail me if you are interested in hearing the answer

Paulpepper at Comcast dot net.

I too tried to book online and found that it would not give me the discounted price. So I called, and the agent did it with no trouble, but seems to me they should be able to program the computer to allow this to be done online.

were you book 4 cruises and get discount,not full rates.

I think it varies by length of cruise.

A bit more complicated than that :)

E mail me if you are interested in hearing the answer

Paulpepper at Comcast dot net.

At the airport now heading to LHR, will email in a few days once settled on ship. Interested in this as we have this situation coming up soon.

Ok I am now thoroughly confused about excursion pricing. We elected the onboard credit when we booked and not the "free" excursions. Am I still entitled to a discounted price?

-------------------

Helen

No.

Basically, the lesson is that your free excursions from the O Life promotion count towards the number of excursions you need to book to get discounted Your World Collection pricing (even though you didn't pay anything for those included excursions).

The point of the thread is that you can't get the discounted pricing by booking online - you have to call in.

Ok I am now thoroughly confused about excursion pricing. We elected the onboard credit when we booked and not the "free" excursions. Am I still entitled to a discounted price?

-------------------

Helen

Yes - provided that you book the minimum required for your cruise.

You can change your mind if you wish and select "free" excursions instead of your OBC and that way you have to purchase fewer excursions in addition to the free ones to qualify for YWC discount.

Does this make sense to you?

-------------------

Helen

Yes I think if you book Your World Collection ...you need to book the minimum number required for your cruise pp

The unlimited collection you pay a set amount & can do as many as you can fit in ;)

Check the link I posted above

To use the OBC though you need to book them onboard so you will need to pay upfront in order to get the best discount offered

Say HI to the gang

Lyn

Edited by LHT28

Thanks for the responses altho truth be told I am still,struggling to get this. Thick as a brick I guess. Think I will drop this in my TA lap and let her explain it to me!

Hi Lyn!

------------------------

Helen

Not thick at all.....maybe an example would help.

On our recent Alaska cruise we took the four shore excursions as our O Life Promotion.

I was told by my rep at Oceania that these free excursions would count, just as if I'd paid for them, and I would get the YWC price, as long as I booked five excursions (the number required on this cruise to qualify for YMC).

Basically, we paid for four, received four free and still was able to secure a price that was 25% off the full excursion price. Which worked out well as we booked eight excursions (4/paid & 4/free) and all of our paid were OE and OC excursions which can not be part of your free excursions.

With regards to booking on line and receiving the YWC pricing, the last time we were able to complete that transaction was last year for our Amazon cruise. Since then every cruise I've selected them on line, where the only pricing that shows up is the full price and the Unlimited Passport, and then make the call to customer service to complete the sale and receive the YMC. At one time the mechanics were in place to do this online, but no longer, which I don't understand. But then their website problems seem to be an ongoing issue.

It is tours not cruises ;)

as I KNEW what I meant,haha.sorry folks.

But glad I posted this thread as it lets people know the ins and outs of booking TOURS.

I, too, let my TA know. As I said, if not for a roll call post, I would NOT have known this.

When I talked to O rep to book mine, he said they were working on updating computer to show this.Hope so.

Our booking included four shore excursions. My wife decided on which ones we wanted and had the TA book them. Our TA told us we would get a discount on the 5th one. When she tried to book the discount didn't show up, she called Oceania and talked to them and she was told that the four "free" excursions don't count towards the discount.

I have forwarded this thread to the TA and will have her check again when she gets back from her vacation in Greece.

WHen I specifically ASKED about it. They will send you and email to confirm this, then sent this to my TA. Don t take NO for an answer. You WILL get the discount,as we all did.

See what I mean about the confusion??Come on O, get it together, if not good to have your cruiser s so upset.

.... she called Oceania and talked to them and she was told that the four "free" excursions don't count towards the discount.

This is definitely NOT the case - the "free" excursions DO count towards the minimum required for YWC discount.

Call or have your TA call again.

Thanks so much for this thread! My TA called and I am now $600 to the good! Yay! I don't have any "free" excursions having opted for the OBC so cant speak to that but I was given 25% off my and my husband's already booked excursions, one of which as Alexandra Cruiser pointed out was $600 pp by itself. Very happy. Thanks all!

------------------------

Helen

Thanks so much for this thread! My TA called and I am now $600 to the good! Yay! I don't have any "free" excursions having opted for the OBC so cant speak to that but I was given 25% off my and my husband's already booked excursions, one of which as Alexandra Cruiser pointed out was $600 pp by itself. Very happy. Thanks all!

------------------------

Helen

Congratulations!.

Now - do you want to know if you could save even more money?

Maybe yes, maybe no - you have to do the homework.

If you were to decide to take the "free" excursions instead of OBC, see if you could save even more.

1 You know the amount of OBC you received/pp and how much you paid for your excursions (with the discount)

2 Now try the option of "free" excursions instead of OBC and choose your "free" excursions (as many as you are allowed and get the most expensive ones of those that you are allowed)

3 Add the remainder of your excursions at 25% discount

Now see which option (OBC vs "free" excursions) saves you more money.

Good luck

I got the free excursions, OBC from TA, and total cruise cost discount of %5 thru TA agency,after I carefully researched all prices online. If I keep this up, they ll have to pay ME...I wish....\

Now I ll still have to pay gratuities,,,my TA will pay for them if cruise is over 10 days only.Boo.

This website is really saving me MONEY..thanks all.

Our booking included four shore excursions. My wife decided on which ones we wanted and had the TA book them. Our TA told us we would get a discount on the 5th one. When she tried to book the discount didn't show up, she called Oceania and talked to them and she was told that the four "free" excursions don't count towards the discount.

I called today to book our 5th one (previously booked the four "free"). Was given the 25% discount automatically without having to ask.