Blu menu

maljeff

Yes, there are 14 rotating menus and some everyday items. It's a wonderful menu. After we ate in Blu once, about 7 cruises ago, we never went back to the main dining room.

On all those cruises, I only ordered the everyday item one time. There are so many good things on the Blu menu. I've even ordered the vegetarian daily item as my main course several times.

I'm sure this has been asked many times but is blu's menu similar to the MDR in that they have a set menu AND a different menu each day?

thanks

mc

If you are on a 7 day cruise, there will be a different menu each day for dinner. Same breakfast menu. If you do a back to back 7 day cruise, then you will get the same 7 day menu again. There are some set items for dinner.

There are a couple of nights that we intentionally dine elsewhere due to the available selections.

Keep in mind that you can order whatever is listed on the menu, no need to stick with 1 item per course. If you want 2 starters or 2 entrees, just ask. I love desserts and often order 3 to share between us 2.

On our 18day sailing on the Solstice we had one special menu item - Surf and Turf - that is normally not available.

If you want an impression on the blu menus, I took pictures and uploaded them. See link in my signature or just click here:

http://cruisewith.lydiaingo.com/gallery/index.php/BluMenus

Thank you for posting the menus! The menus look great. Can't wait to try Blu in November on Silhouette!!

• 1 month later...
On our 18day sailing on the Solstice we had one special menu item - Surf and Turf - that is normally not available.

If you want an impression on the blu menus, I took pictures and uploaded them. See link in my signature or just click here:

http://cruisewith.lydiaingo.com/gallery/index.php/BluMenus

Thanks for posting the menus. Are these in day by day order?

Thanks for posting the menus. Are these in day by day order?

You are welcome!

And no, sorry. The menu rotation changes each cruise, there is no straight order. At least that is what we found out on our cruises. Sometimes, two or three menus are followed in order, but you never know.

You can ask the Maitre'd for the menu of the next day.

And some of the waiters have the menu rotation for the whole cruise - so you might ask them for something you really want to try.

Just ask "do you know when xxx dish is being served?". If you are lucky, the waiter will have a schedule with him/her and check it. Worked for us on our last cruise :)

Edited by UniPac

As for menus in Blu, there is a 7 day menu, 14 day menu, etc. We have found that the 7 day menus have been in the same sequence for each 7 day cruise. Even on different S-class ships. We know what to expect on certain nights. And it does help so we can dine elsewhere on particular nights.

Edited by keesar

We were in a RS and had the opportunity to eat at Blu on a "no reservation" basis, which wasn't a problem because Mom likes to eat early.

On our 15 night cruise, we ate in the MDR 3 times for dinner and a majority of the rest in Blu. We loved Blu because the atmosphere is more cordial, intimate and fun. Breakfast we were seated with others which gave Mom a chance to chat and me a chance to wake up. I had the same thing for breakfast - the lox platter, no bagel, scrambled eggs and bacon. Mom typically ordered granola/yogurt and eggs.

As with everything else, you have to know your preferences and expectations.

As a diamond on RCL I am not at all sure about what BLU is, is it a special dinning room where you pay extra or a special dinning for suites & up?? Please enlighten me.

george35

Blu is a dining room that is included if you are in a certain class of cabins called Aqua Class. It is a smaller dining area and the portions are generally smaller than in the Main Dining Room. Nice views from there. It is NOT a Specialty Restaurant. Only Aqua Class and Suite passengers can eat there.

We'll be on a 9 day cruise. Will we get the first 9 days of the 14 day rotation?

No I don't think so, was on 10 and 11 day cruises and there was no particulary order. Some days the menu was followed by the same order, but then it changed again. So you can never be sure.

As suggested, ask the maitre'd for the next day's menu and a waiter for the rotation or on what day they will have a specific menu you are waiting for :D

We were in an Aqua class cabin for the first time on the Equinox in Feb. We had always hesitated to try Aqua, because we have favorites that we've always enjoyed in the MDR.....we didn't know if we'd enjoy the Blu menu. On the first night we asked our Blu waiter about an item that was being served in the MDR that night. He was more than happy to get it for us and happily presented us with both Blu and MDR menus every day thereafter. We often would mix it up....some items from each menu on the same nite. I don't know if this is standard practice on all ships, but we appreciated their flexibility.

We were in an Aqua class cabin for the first time on the Equinox in Feb. We had always hesitated to try Aqua, because we have favorites that we've always enjoyed in the MDR.....we didn't know if we'd enjoy the Blu menu. On the first night we asked our Blu waiter about an item that was being served in the MDR that night. He was more than happy to get it for us and happily presented us with both Blu and MDR menus every day thereafter. We often would mix it up....some items from each menu on the same nite. I don't know if this is standard practice on all ships, but we appreciated their flexibility.

Sadly, it is not standard practice. On the Solstice in April we could not order off the MDR in Blu when we asked as we had done it previously on other cruises (but only very few times as we enjoy Blu).

We love Blu, and have found that even after a 2 week transatlantic we gain no weight.

We're not gym rats either, just leisurely cruisers. On our last TA, with a doctor appoinment just before and after, the weight difference was less than a pound.

We used to love Blu but the menu has not changed since day one. Cannot even think about it now. Celebrity, please change the menus.

That's sooo true. We love blu but we are used to the menus.

They should indeed change it or at least add some days with a new menu.

Been on the 18 days Cruise from Sydney to Hawai'i and they had ONE new dish as a "special" on this cruise - surf & turf!

We pretty much know what will be served on the 7 day Blu menu and plan specialty restaurants accordingly. What would be nice is to have a daily special above and beyond the menu. Many dishes sound better than their presentation.