Question about Seasickness

Sherbear67

I am going to buy the wrist bands but I also want to take something on board with us just for the fact that I am allergic to antihistamines. Does anyone have any ideas? I see there is ginger candy and you can get peppermint candy. I would prefer to stay natural.

I am going to buy the wrist bands but I also want to take something on board with us just for the fact that I am allergic to antihistamines. Does anyone have any ideas? I see there is ginger candy and you can get peppermint candy. I would prefer to stay natural.

Crystallized ginger works well for me.

Which wrist band are you taking? I am using this one:

https://www.amazon.com/NEW-Reliefband-Motion-Morning-Sickness/dp/B00PG4NUOS

I had it for about 12 years and still working great. Use it on cruise, little boat, roller coaster, plane, bus, car, etc... Over the years I must have let over 20 people borrowed it on cruises and everyone thanked me afterward and bought their own. I am one of those people who get car sick if I am not driving.. and can never read anything riding on anything that moves.

Which wrist band are you taking? I am using this one:

https://www.amazon.com/NEW-Reliefband-Motion-Morning-Sickness/dp/B00PG4NUOS

I had it for about 12 years and still working great. Use it on cruise, little boat, roller coaster, plane, bus, car, etc... Over the years I must have let over 20 people borrowed it on cruises and everyone thanked me afterward and bought their own. I am one of those people who get car sick if I am not driving.. and can never read anything riding on anything that moves.

I am getting these :

https://www.amazon.com/Sea-band-Adult-Wristband-2-Pairs/dp/B00J6P9U2Y/ref=sr_1_1_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1484168206&sr=8-1&keywords=sea-band%2Badult%2Bwristband&th=1

The ones you have look amazing but alittle outta of more than I can do. PLus my husband would KILL me. ;)

I am getting these :

https://www.amazon.com/Sea-band-Adult-Wristband-2-Pairs/dp/B00J6P9U2Y/ref=sr_1_1_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1484168206&sr=8-1&keywords=sea-band%2Badult%2Bwristband&th=1

The ones you have look amazing but alittle outta of more than I can do. PLus my husband would KILL me. ;)

Heh. Well if you normally don't get motion sickness on regular day to day.. those may work. I have tried those, unfortunately on a whale watching tour at Maui, and lets just say that the fish in the ocean enjoyed 99% of my breakfast and dinner from the night before. :rolleyes:

I know the patch (behind the neck) works for me, but the wrist band with electric pause seems more natural and actually cheaper over long term as I use it everywhere and the battery is replaceable. And what's amazing about the one I linked is that it works even after you got sick. None of the pills or patch work after you are already motion sick, but the watch does.

Heh. Well if you normally don't get motion sickness on regular day to day.. those may work. I have tried those, unfortunately on a whale watching tour at Maui, and lets just say that the fish in the ocean enjoyed 99% of my breakfast and dinner from the night before. :rolleyes:

I know the patch (behind the neck) works for me, but the wrist band with electric pause seems more natural and actually cheaper over long term as I use it everywhere and the battery is replaceable. And what's amazing about the one I linked is that it works even after you got sick. None of the pills or patch work after you are already motion sick, but the watch does.

Your last statement is not correct. The drugs do not work after you become sick, but the ginger tablets will.

Your last statement is not correct. The drugs do not work after you become sick, but the ginger tablets will.

I totally agree --

I wasn't feeling well at all one day on the ship due to lots of rocking and rolling on the ship. I took a few ginger pills and within 30 minutes I felt so much better. I'm a big believer!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I bought wrist bands but I am also taking Bonine and ginger with me.

Some people eat green apples but that does not work for me.

I never tried ginger pills. My mom did give me ginger soup (ginger, water, and brown sugar) whenever I had stomach ache when I was little and it did work every time.

Hmm... My dad was US Navy and when we were young and stupid (which we are all at some point) he used to tell us we didn’t have the sense God gave little green apples. Wonder if that's where the green apple thing started for him.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Get a good supply of Green apples from the buffet and also have ginger ale/beer.

Is there a certain brand you buy? I am looking on amazon now and there is so many different kinds of ginger candy

There is a place called "the cheese shop" over in Stuarts Draft VA where I get it. It's considered a bulk item, natural product. Just look for it in a place that sells bulk items. I think they also have it at the Martin's grocery stores in their bulk section. No real brand name.

An alternative is to find it in the spice section in the grocery store, usually it's in a jar. I've seen McCormick's brand crystallized ginger in small jars.

I bought wrist bands but I am also taking Bonine and ginger with me.

Some people eat green apples but that does not work for me.

I cant eat green apples because the acid in them blisters the roof of my mouth and causes it to peel. Weird I know. That happened after I got older.

There is a place called "the cheese shop" over in Stuarts Draft VA where I get it. It's considered a bulk item, natural product. Just look for it in a place that sells bulk items. I think they also have it at the Martin's grocery stores in their bulk section. No real brand name.

An alternative is to find it in the spice section in the grocery store, usually it's in a jar. I've seen McCormick's brand crystallized ginger in small jars.

I will look at our Spourts an see if they carry it. Thank you.

I dont normally get motion sick, but I dont want to take the chance. Now my husband gets car sick if he reads in the car.