How's the duck in Silk Harvest?

mafig

I notice that duck is listed as a large plate in Silk Harvest.

I can take duck or leave it .... however, dh always is looking for duck that rivals what he ate as a boy in Chinatown in NYC (although he's not Chinese). So, if you've had it, is it good?

The flavor was great, but the skin was not really crispy, which is the main thing that makes Chinese duck so terrific. I have yet to get really crispy duck skin on a cruise ship. Your husband will be disappointed, I fear.

teri

There are 83 varieties of ducks. Some are domestic and some are wild.

I am sure that X serves the domestic unless their employees go on a hunting expedition while in ports.

What type of duck do lthey serve and if it is a male or female? Don't know if it makes a difference but it may.

Can anyone really tell the difference in the taste of what kind of duck it is?🤔

Ducks have a lot of fat and from the little that I know females humans have more body fat than males so I would assume that is the same with ducks. Does the extra fat make duck better as it does in a beef steak?

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

Ducks have a lot of fat and from the little that I know females humans have more body fat than males so I would assume that is the same with ducks. ?

Happy cruising [emoji305][emoji568][emoji631][emoji274]

I read this with great interest. Taking the views around the open decks on sea days it would appear that the clientele on Celebrity boat trips do not match this posters view on homosapiens [emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I read this with great interest. Taking the views around the open decks on sea days it would appear that the clientele on Celebrity boat trips do not match this posters view on homosapiens [emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Good observation 👍🤗

But the body fat isn't from my observation or opinion, it comes from the recommendations for percentage of body fat charts.

https://www.builtlean.com/2010/08/03/ideal-body-fat-percentage-chart/

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

I don't think Silk Harvest serves anything that will even closely remind your DH of dining in NY's chinatown where you can get some of the best chinese food in the US, if not the world outside China itself. At best, it will remind him of the duck he had at Panda Express or perhaps P.F. Changs.

Have not tried it in Silk Harvest...

LI duckling was surprisingly very good.(.not dried out ) the one time i ordered it in BLU....not many duck farms on LI anymore,,,,,,.but good vineyards!