Commerative Pins

golfer21

I'm not sure if this is what you are talking about but on our last (Navigator) cruise we got little grey boxes with a magnetic circle inside, i have no idea where they have gone as it seemed pointless to us but maybe others feel differently.

Pam.

I think that you only receive the pins while you are on the ship. This is something new and it doesn't seem like it has been figured out yet (we have received two sets of Platinum pins and one for the christening voyage). The pin that means the most to me (and the one I wear on Seven Seas Society nights is the Radisson "harp pin". It brings back fond memories.

Since they rolled out the new pins they used to give them out on every cruise for a while. Sometime late last year the on board cruise consultant mentioned that they now only give them out when requested or during the Seven Seas Society Cocktail party on the cruise when you advance to the next tier.

We got two on our last cruise for being silver. Haven't a clue where they are as not really a badge person. There were people on our cruise who wore their pins every night.

Between Cub Scouts, Boy Scouts, high school marching band, and a 20-year military career, I've been in enough uniforms and worn enough badges to keep me happy for the rest of this lifetime as well as one or two others. I'm happy to eschew any semblance of uniforms and just wear casual. My only concession to badges is to wear a lapel pin with the name of my bank on it when I attend 'official functions'.

Although the Regent pins were rather nice as I recall...

I don't think most people care - I cruise to enjoy myself and have a great time. I don't need others to know how many cruise's I've been on. And I'm sure the crew knows that number and what cabin your in. I know people say their isn't a class thing on Regent, but you do get additional benefit(s) on how many nights you've cruised or what suite your in. And they know who you are and who gets what.

I don't think most people care - I cruise to enjoy myself and have a great time. I don't need others to know how many cruise's I've been on. And I'm sure the crew knows that number and what cabin your in. I know people say their isn't a class thing on Regent, but you do get additional benefit(s) on how many nights you've cruised or what suite your in. And they know who you are and who gets what.

Unless your picture is on a wall somewhere, the crew on Regent has no clue what type of suite you are in (because you only show your keycard to board and disembark the ship or if you purchase something that is not included). This is very different than on Oceania where, IMO, there is too much information on your room card. I find one of the positive things about Regent is that no one knows or cares what suite level you are in and therefore everyone is treated the same (obviously, when making a dining reservation, they know what suite you are in and the General Manager has access to this information as well as a few other officers onboard the ship).

Yes - there are loyalty benefits as well as in-suite benefits on Regent but this is not visible to most people. The only indication of how many cruises you have been on is the color of your keycard and, again, you rarely show this onboard the ship.

In terms of the pins, some passengers like them and others do not. Some passengers like putting magnets on their doors showing how many world cruises (or other long cruises) they have been on -- most passengers do not do this.

I believe that you will find Regent different than you think. Really hope that you enjoy your cruise. Although you'll be in a beautiful suite, the upper category suites on Oceania's Riviera and Marina are hard to beat (as you no doubt know). We have been in (not stayed) in the top suites on the Explorer and although different, the Vista and Owner's Suites on the Riviera are equally lovely.

TravelCat

Did You read my comment, didn't say what your saying. And I will enjoy my cruise, just like I enjoy all of them.

Just responded to comment about the crew knowing what cabin your in, etc. Really hope that you enjoy your cruise:)

In terms of the pins, some passengers like them and others do not. Some passengers like putting magnets on their doors showing how many world cruises (or other long cruises) they have been on -- most passengers do not do this.

TravelCat, Why do you think those people do that? I think Regent gives everyone good service - and I don't think every crew member knows what suite your in, nor do I care. However I've found on most cruise(s) a few members do know. We're not demanding cruiser's and we treat everyone nice, and that works for us.

But for some people it adds to their sense of self importance. Others, just want to have good service quietly without having to announce themselves.

We have never been given a pin and never seen them on the suite doors. Maybe we will now get 2 silver and gold on our upcoming cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

If you are gold, you'll probably get 2 gold pins on your upcoming cruise. People don't put pins on their doors (at least we have never seen one) - they are generally worn at the Seven Seas Society and/or Gold and above events. Passengers on world cruises and some long cruises get plaques (much larger than pins) that are sometimes put on doors. It is a long standing Regent tradition that isn't seen as much nowadays as many world cruisers left Regent when Regent stopped the WC's. It is likely that there will be some plaques on doors during and after the upcoming WC.

Or maybe it's just a conversation starter?

Maybe for some. I think they're gauche and a way to ask for attention from the staff. A way to distinguish your self above others, just like the key cards do. I have a bunch of them from other lines and Regent as well and never wear them.

Maybe for some. I think they're gauche and a way to ask for attention from the staff. A way to distinguish your self above others, just like the key cards do. I have a bunch of them from other lines and Regent as well and never wear them.

Couldn't agree more!

I suppose if you carefully put 2 small nails into the back of the plaques (at the top of each corner), then tied a long enough string from one nail to the other, you'd be able to hang the plaques around your neck while attending the SS receptions. That would really make a "bold and proud statement". :p

Not sure why anyone would want to take pleasure away from those people that wear pins. In terms of the crew, they see who is at the Gold and above events - no need to wear anything special. Also, stewardesses place a card in your suite indicating your Seven Seas Society level.

The OP is looking forward to receiving their Silver pins (and I want to personally congratulate them for reaching this level). Such a shame that others do not feel the same.