another concierge class ?

39august

Sorry, but I can't find anywhere on the X website to find out all the perks for concierge class. I read someone's post that they received a beach bag for concierge class. Is that correct? If anyone can post a link to the explanation of concierge class cabins, I would appreciate it. Then I can stop asking all these questions.

While the description is not all encompassing, here is an overview. What perks there are for your chosen cabin class, will happen once aboard. Yet it is nice to have an idea beforehand, I Am sure.

I know some knowledgeable passengers will chime in to complete the list.

bon voyage

Sorry, but I can't find anywhere on the X website to find out all the perks for concierge class. I read someone's post that they received a beach bag for concierge class. Is that correct? If anyone can post a link to the explanation of concierge class cabins, I would appreciate it. Then I can stop asking all these questions.

So we just got off our first Celebrity cruise and we were Concierge Class. Celebrity is different than every other cruise line we have used in that your cruise "card" is not based on your loyalty points but rather your "class." Ours was gold, most others were blue.

So what do you get. If you've taken Carnival its not much different than "Faster to the Fun." Overall the price difference from a balcony room was only a few $100. So you get priority boarding, a separate lounge for your departure day, a slightly bigger cabin, special shower head, bathrobes. You also get daily snacks/horderves delivered about 3:30pm each day and the cabin steward keep this three-fruit bowl stocked. Not much else I could see. We did have the use of a "concierge" who sat on deck 7 but we never saw anyone speak to her, and could never figure out what she does.

My wife really liked the daily snacks and fruit, but its not like you couldn't get some from room service if you liked. Oh, one more thing. You get 5 reward points for the Captin's Club per day instead of 3. That is something. Overall I wold get it again, but don't feel like your really missing out without it.

Wait I forgot. You also get a sit-down lunch on your departure day, and a "Destination Seminar." The lunch was not unlike any other lunch day at the dining room, and if you ask me, the buffet had lots more choices, but it was less hectic. The "Destination Seminar" was your typical port talk, nothing different than what every other cruise line gives free to everyone.

Edited by ano
Addition

Wait I forgot. You also get a sit-down lunch on your departure day, and a "Destination Seminar." The lunch was not unlike any other lunch day at the dining room, and if you ask me, the buffet had lots more choices, but it was less hectic. The "Destination Seminar" was your typical port talk, nothing different than what every other cruise line gives free to everyone.

The lunch is on your embarkation day not departure day.

So, what about the beach bag as a gift? Not true or yes?

You get a canvas tote bag that folds into a zippered canvas bag. It has leather (?) handles. The zippered case then snaps onto the inside of the tote to hold small things. The bag is nicer and heavier than the totes given to normal verandah rooms and will hold 1 beach towel if it's rolled tightly or two if you don't want to carry anything else (and are good at origami). It is smaller than a traditional beach bag, but is really good for going to the pool on sea days. I think I remember also getting the normal tote bag as well. It was stated before that the concierge room is larger, however that is true only on the Mclass ships. Here is a link describing the benefits: http://www.celebritycruises.com/onboard-celebrity/staterooms-concierge-class-stateroom

You will need to ask your cabin steward about the pillow menu. I've never seen a printed one, but there are several types available, including our favorites, a molded memory foam variety.

Just wanted to mention that the concierge can be very helpful. We have asked to have our airline check-in done and have our boarding passes printed, gotten some great port activities recommended and arranged, and even had the offer of use of one concierge's personal hairdryer.

Edited by Luvcrusn

So, what about the beach bag as a gift? Not true or yes?

Not sure. We are first time Celebrity and "Select" due to RC and Concierge. We got a small duffel type bag (didn't even say Celebrity on it) and it came with a smaller pouch that did say Celebrity. Not sure why or if it was a "beach bag." If you are going Concierge just for the "beach bag" you might want to rethink that. This was on a cruise last week.

The lunch is on your embarkation day not departure day.

Departure from the original port, NOT departure from the ship. Obviously no lunch the last day since they get you out by 9am.

There IS a printed sheet with the pillow menu. Three choices. One big body pillow, and two others. Our room had several flat as a pancake pillows. Our cabin steward gave us others but couldn't really tell much of a difference. We both like the decorative pillow best which they put in a cabinet above the bed.

At dinner another non-Concierge couple told how their cabin steward provided all types of pillows including the big down version, so it seems like anyone can get these if you know about them.

And the massaging shower-head they promised never had a massage function. Just wide angle and narrow angle.

While the description is not all encompassing, here is an overview. What perks there are for your chosen cabin class, will happen once aboard. Yet it is nice to have an idea beforehand, I Am sure.

I know some knowledgeable passengers will chime in to complete the list.

bon voyage

Well the list of benefits on the current Celebrity website for Concierge Class differ from what was on the website when I purchased my September '17 Alaska cruise on Solstice in January. Looks like tomorrow I'll have to have a little chat with my Celebrity rep, I booked directly with X.

Celebrity website, Concierge Class 6/27/17

Personalized Concierge service (earlier said Concierge desk)

Priority check-in

Exclusive embarkation day lunch (in MDR)

Destination Seminar

Exclusive pre-departure lounge

Priority debarkation

Main & specialty restaurant seating time preferences

Welcome sparkling wine and fresh fruit

Daily delivery of afternoon savories

Missing from the current site, but these were listed 1/10/17

Expanded room service menu (reason I booked concierge, along with priority on/off the ship)

Premium linens and pillow menu

Thick cotton robe and towels

Designer bath products (upgrade from non-concierge, but different from suites-didn't capture name)

Massage shower head

Commemorative bottle of sparkling wine

Use of golf umbrella and binoculars (I may have to bring my own, very good but kinda heavy)

Celebrity tote bag, key holder, notepad and pen

Edited by aVacation4me