Riviera Vista Suite Pics

DaisyUK

I have done a search to try and find pics of the Riviera Vista Suite, which I know I have seen on these forums, but I have not come up with any clear, good ones so, sorry to be a pain, but can anyone direct me to where I might find them?

StanandJim - thank you so much.. I knew I had seen these somewhere along the line. We have the possibility of an upgrade and am wondering whether to take advantage.

As you can see. the Suites themselves are beyond gorgeous, but the Vista category does come with a few caveats:

#1 When the ship is under way, depending on the direction of the wind, your veranda access may be limited.

#2 Because the Vista's face forward their drapes must be drawn at dusk if there is any interior light on in the suite (for the same reason that driving a car at night with the interior lights on is illegal).

#3 Some people say that they feel motion more acutely when they are forward and high up, where the Vista Suites are located.

These are all trade offs which Stan and myself are willing to make for the exciting, views. but others should consider what they are buying before pulling the trigger.

b_120228.jpg

The VS and OC suites are quite similar. The Vistas are just a little larger, for the most part. (For the record we've been in Vistas 9001 and 10001 and an aft OC, all on Marina.) The bathrooms and bedrooms are pretty much the same, and the living rooms are pretty close.

I tend to be sensitive to motion and I wasn't bothered by the motion in our two Vistas, one of which was on a Barcelona-Rio TA, the other NYC-Dover.

But Jim is right! Think it over, but don't take too much time!

Mura

Thank you again JimandStan- and also Mura. Your advice is very useful and we have taken it onboard(no pun intended!). We were waitlisted for an Oceania Suite, because of the issue of being at the front and the possibility of sea sickness, but the Vista has come up so we're going to go with it. Will report back.

Thank you again JimandStan- and also Mura. Your advice is very useful and we have taken it onboard(no pun intended!). We were waitlisted for an Oceania Suite, because of the issue of being at the front and the possibility of sea sickness, but the Vista has come up so we're going to go with it. Will report back.

DaisyUK, I'm probably one of the worlds worst sailors, but recently we enjoyed a vista suite and I didn't suffer at all! The only thing different I heard was the noise of the sea crashing against the bow (a slight bang) as we were moving at night, but once I knew what it was I was fine and after that first night didn't notice it at all. It depends on sea conditions and we were transiting a very windy Med at the time!

I really liked the layout of the Suite - we were on deck 8 and also had a look at deck 9. The layout of the suite is slightly different - deck 8 is as the brochure photos and photo above, deck 9 has a pillar in the living room and the furniture is arranged around it. Deck 9 has the enormous verandah with extra space at the side - a wrap around deck I suppose you would call it. deck 8 verandah is smaller but has plenty of space for two and for entertaining as well. I would choose deck 8 again, but wouldn't be upset to sail in any Vista Suite! LOL! The verandah furniture is tied down at night as the ship travels, but is untied without request in the morning in port or at tender - we didn't have any sea days on this cruise so I don't know about them, but we did sit out when we left the port early and found sheltered spots to sit out.

We loved the privacy of being at the front of the ship, wonderful views, fabulous big skies (including one very windy electrical storm, but we stood in front of the curtains (blackout procedures for the bridge) and watched this light show unfold before us - I had never seen anything like it before. You could have played a symphony to it!

The other thing is order your in-suite bar (wine/spirit) set up before you board, as we didn't and it wasn't fulfilled until after we set sail, which truly wasn't a big deal, but if you wanted to enjoy something from your bar, other than your waiting bottle of champagne, just a heads up.

I have some photos which I will post for you - after the Hogmanay celebrations,of course! :D.

DaisyUK, I'm probably one of the worlds worst sailors, but recently we enjoyed a vista suite and I didn't suffer at all! The only thing different I heard was the noise of the sea crashing against the bow (a slight bang) as we were moving at night, but once I knew what it was I was fine and after that first night didn't notice it at all. It depends on sea conditions and we were transiting a very windy Med at the time!

I really liked the layout of the Suite - we were on deck 8 and also had a look at deck 9. The layout of the suite is slightly different - deck 8 is as the brochure photos and photo above, deck 9 has a pillar in the living room and the furniture is arranged around it. Deck 9 has the enormous verandah with extra space at the side - a wrap around deck I suppose you would call it. deck 8 verandah is smaller but has plenty of space for two and for entertaining as well. I would choose deck 8 again, but wouldn't be upset to sail in any Vista Suite! LOL! The verandah furniture is tied down at night as the ship travels, but is untied without request in the morning in port or at tender - we didn't have any sea days on this cruise so I don't know about them, but we did sit out when we left the port early and found sheltered spots to sit out.

We loved the privacy of being at the front of the ship, wonderful views, fabulous big skies (including one very windy electrical storm, but we stood in front of the curtains (blackout procedures for the bridge) and watched this light show unfold before us - I had never seen anything like it before. You could have played a symphony to it!

The other thing is order your in-suite bar (wine/spirit) set up before you board, as we didn't and it wasn't fulfilled until after we set sail, which truly wasn't a big deal, but if you wanted to enjoy something from your bar, other than your waiting bottle of champagne, just a heads up.

I have some photos which I will post for you - after the Hogmanay celebrations,of course! :D.

Thank you for your input - and any pics would be very welcome! We don't have a choice of suite because we were waitlisted for all of the suites and the Vista has come up, so it is a case of 'take it or leave it'. The one that has become available is 9001. Thanks for the heads up on the pillar and the drinks set-up!

StanandJim - great photos but are you sure that pictures 1, 2 and 4 show the same sitting room in the same suite? #4 looks exactly like our Oceania suite did, while #2 is quite different...

And by chance do you have any photos of the Owners Suite? I don't think the Oceania site's photo is particularly good...

StanandJim - great photos but are you sure that pictures 1, 2 and 4 show the same sitting room in the same suite? #4 looks exactly like our Oceania suite did, while #2 is quite different...

And by chance do you have any photos of the Owners Suite? I don't think the Oceania site's photo is particularly good...

Not StanandJim... but funnily enough I googled 'Riviera Owners Suite pictures' yesterday (because one has just become available on our cruise and I am toying with the idea of switching again) and the first result is a page of pics which include lots of great images of the Owners Suite - looks amazing!

Not StanandJim... but funnily enough I googled 'Riviera Owners Suite pictures' yesterday (because one has just become available on our cruise and I am toying with the idea of switching again) and the first result is a page of pics which include lots of great images of the Owners Suite - looks amazing!

b_102933.jpg

The Owners Suites on Marina and Riviera are seriously amazing, but, unlike the R ships, they are completely over the top unless one is inclined to entertain in the Suite.

The programmable Grand Piano is fabulous, but a bit much unless one has a martini in hand ;)

b_102647.jpg

Caroll & I are PH regulars but did get a personalized tour of an owners suite on Marina after our luggage was inadvertantly mis-directed and we were 'forced' to stayed on the ship. The layout is awesome and perhaps over the top, unless you are traveling with others, in which case, you can entertain as if you were at home on dry land. Given the chance and the means, I would say go for it.

DaisyUK - The Owners Suite that is available is the one on Deck 10. We are in the one on Deck 8 and I was toying with the idea of moving "up" in the world but my TA, plus an older post from JimandStan has persuaded me to stay put. It would be fun to have you as a neighbour instead of at the other end of the "world".

Owners Suite may be OTT but it is our 50th wedding anniversary celebration and I think that it is worth it! Plus I plan to enjoy it... nothing like sitting on the balcony watching the sun set into the ocean with a drink in hand. We did that all the way across on our last TA but the suite was nowhere near as nice (Seven Seas Aft on Regent's Mariner) though I think the balcony was a lot "deeper".

And, Daisy - you would be able to use the balcony even when we are sailing... Things don't get tied down in the stern.

Edited by Hambagahle

DaisyUK - The Owners Suite that is available is the one on Deck 10. We are in the one on Deck 8 and I was toying with the idea of moving "up" in the world but my TA, plus an older post from JimandStan has persuaded me to stay put. It would be fun to have you as a neighbour instead of at the other end of the "world".

Owners Suite may be OTT but it is our 50th wedding anniversary celebration and I think that it is worth it! Plus I plan to enjoy it... nothing like sitting on the balcony watching the sun set into the ocean with a drink in hand. We did that all the way across on our last TA but the suite was nowhere near as nice (Seven Seas Aft on Regent's Mariner) though I think the balcony was a lot "deeper".

And, Daisy - you would be able to use the balcony even when we are sailing... Things don't get tied down in the stern.

Wow - huge congratulations on your 50th. As others have said, what a fantastic way to celebrate it. Funnily enough it will be our wedding anniversary on this cruise also. I suspect we will stick with the VS this time....although I agree that the balcony situation is not ideal.

Daisy. There are Vista suites on 8, 9 10 and12. We have been in the ones on 8 and 10.

My wife could sit here and tell you the pros and cons of each one. To me, there are all pros and no cons.

I think she doesn't like 10 because it has a post in the entrance way. But maybe I am wrong....

They are all a little different...but all are wonderful.

The Owners Suites are something else! But my wife enjoys being at the front of the ship and not the back.

I am sure you will absolutely love it!!!

gary

To all who sent their congratulations many thanks! And Dave - special thanks for the nice words. I shall tell Ken who will be flattered as well.

Daisy - we'll have to have a joint celebration once we're on board. Congratulations to you two as well. Our anniversary is actually on 20th March but Oceania obstinately refused to move the sailing date of the cruise so we'll just be forced to celebrate twice, once at home and once at sea.

I am still looking for more pictures of the suites. Especially the balconies. I discovered two YouTube "walk throughs" but neither are particularly well done, I thought.

Daisy. There are Vista suites on 8, 9 10 and12. We have been in the ones on 8 and 10.

My wife could sit here and tell you the pros and cons of each one. To me, there are all pros and no cons.

I think she doesn't like 10 because it has a post in the entrance way. But maybe I am wrong....

They are all a little different...but all are wonderful.

The Owners Suites are something else! But my wife enjoys being at the front of the ship and not the back.

I am sure you will absolutely love it!!!

gary

Thank you, I'm sure we will too - we'd have to be pretty sad not to!!! The pics StanandJim have just posted of the balcony on the Owner's Suite look tremendous however.... maybe one day!