About Me

• Favorite Cruise Line(s)
    P&O

Recent Profile Visitors

6,219 profile views

AndyMichelle's Achievements

5,000+ Club

5,000+ Club (4/15)

1. I feel there might be a few to begin with, so word spreads that you 'can' get caught. That would be enough to stop most of us, not that we bothered anyway. Andy
  2. It was still there a couple of weeks back on Britannia, although not listed as 'always available' it was 'always available', along with the 5oz steak. Andy
  3. My understanding is that is what was happening, bottles removed from checked in luggage, but as you say, it would be nice if someone this happened to could confirm. True or not, there is just as many stories out there of passengers who have ignored the instructions and got away with it. The fact that a lot of people who would have taken their own now dont, means it is a success for P&O already, unless we all 'jump ship'... Andy
  4. Yes, friends of ours have just got off Iona too and tell the same story. They also received an email before they sailed advising of the changes, so no excuses. Andy
  5. Always worth a call, we did it once and they agreed to let us stay in our original cabin. Good luck Andy
  6. Arcadia scheduled for November this year, Aurora April 2025. Andy
  7. Not sure about this? Your post above only says alcohol apart from wine and Champagne are banned? Can't find anything on the website to say you can't specifically take soft drinks? Andy
  8. Definitely early if the sky is clear. We were straight off, after breakfast of course, tickets bought and on first bus within 10 minutes. When we came down about lunchtime, the queue was huge. It's definitely worth the visit. Andy
  9. It's very easy. There is a portakabin opposite the ship, next to the pub. Walk in, buy tickets (£58 each last week) get on blue bus waiting outside, run every 15 minutes. So straightforward, even when P&O is sold out. Have a great time. Andy
  10. Welcome home Derek. Glad you had a great time, despite the setback. Hope all heals up quickly. Surprised to hear the cafe is closed at Alesund, it seemed to be doing great business when we went a while back. Thank you for reporting in, feedback like yours helps a lot of people and we enjoy following along. Andy
  11. Well, 558 replies and over 25k views says it must mean a lot to some people.
  12. That shows the divide. No pints under a fiver down here, except 'Spoons', Peroni £6.20. Any meal in a decent pub is around £18, even a burger. A steak starts now about £20, a decent cut nearer £30. Large cod & chips, take away from the chippie is over a tenner. Andy
  13. Our local pub wine list. You connoisseurs will tell me if this makes P&O expensive? Our nearest comparison was a bottle of Zinfandel Rose on board was £25, £26.50 here. Andy