New Carnival Ship Fiesta ?

LaCal

Just read that the new Carnival ship currently being built might of had its name leaked on Wikipedia by mistake

Wednesday it was listed on the site as Fiesta and was quickly taken down lol

Guess we'll find out by next year for sure

Just read that the new Carnival ship currently being built might of had its name leaked on Wikipedia by mistake

Wednesday it was listed on the site as Fiesta and was quickly taken down lol

Guess we'll find out by next year for sure

Nope, that's not it. Someone put that in a wiki page. It has been removed from the wiki. Another FB page that is heavily involved with the building of the Vista indicated that this is not the name as well.

That would be odd, as they renamed the old Carnival Carnivale the Fiesta Marina, and launched a new Carnival brand. That failed in a year.

Reminds me of watching fathom being launched. Already one cancelled cruise, and the lawsuits are already starting with Cuban Americans being refused passage.

Nope, that's not it. Someone put that in a wiki page. It has been removed from the wiki. Another FB page that is heavily involved with the building of the Vista indicated that this is not the name as well.

Where there smoke there's fire. Nothing will surprise me. For some reason, rumors on Carnival usually turn out to be true.

I have it on good authority that the next Carnival ship is going to be named:

Barker

Whenever you get remotely close it will call out "Step Right Up!"

They are expecting embarkation times to be greatly decreased with this ship. :)

I have it on good authority that the next Carnival ship is going to be named:

Barker

Whenever you get remotely close it will call out "Step Right Up!"

They are expecting embarkation times to be greatly decreased with this ship. :)

LOL. Good one. I've heard that on the Disney ships, when you step up to the urinal in the men's room, they break out in ♪♫♫ it's a small, small world ♫♫♪ ;)

Fiesta doesn't have continuity with Vista. Maybe Horizon?

That remains a former Celebrity cruise ship now run by Pullmantur (part of RCI). The name Horizon is taken, along with her sister ship's name, Zenith.

That remains a former Celebrity cruise ship now run by Pullmantur (part of RCI). The name Horizon is taken, along with her sister ship's name, Zenith.

That's never stopped other cruise lines from hijacking each other's names. Count how many Magics, Dreams and Splendors are floating around out there.

No, I don't.

You guys are going to get yourselves all worked up. A popular social media page affiliated with Carnival has already poo poo'd that name.

If you feel better doubting that, then be my guest.

Pretty much anyone affiliated with Carnival would poo poo that name right now, especially if they didn't want it to be out. Look at all the other premature false starts that have come out of Carnival, first denied, then, " alright, it was true".

Fiesta would play right into the "party ship" stereotype Carnival tries so hard to play down. Not going to happen.

Although, funny story, on our cruise last month the bar guy selling shots around MDR asked us if we wanted a shot. When we told him no he responded, "Why not? Did you not know this is the booze cruise?" Whoops. Better not let your employer hear you say that.

Edited by stormy_weatherman

Fiesta would play right into the "party ship" stereotype Carnival tries so hard to play down. Not going to happen.

Although, funny story, on our cruise last month the bar guy selling shots around MDR asked us if we wanted a shot. When we told him no he responded, "Why not? Did you not know this is the booze cruise?" Whoops. Better not let your employer hear you say that.

Agree. Fiesta is too "party" image, for a cruise line that is trying to get away from that image. Also, while, I do like an occasional "fiesta", I don't like the sound of it for a name of a cruise ship.