Crab Shack?

Momma Mojito

It's a casual dining venue that does have a fee of $20pp. You get a basket of hush puppies and fried shrimp to start, followed by a bowl of Manhattan Style Clam Chowder (Which was very good), and a choice of an entrée to share. For example we had the Steamer Pot which included; shrimp, mussels, clams, snow crab legs, corn on the cob, small potatoes, and sausage. We asked, and received crayfish as well. It was plenty of food, and we found it quite good. Dessert was served as well, but we are not big on sweets, so I can't remember what was offered.

DSCF4126.jpg.b99476542283b6bb24c996f11f753b25.jpg

DSCF4132.jpg.cd09f8c60d09eb57cdaf72bad3bc4834.jpg

It's in one of the specialty restaurants and will appear in the Patter. They had it twice on my Panama Canal trip last week. We didn't go. I couldn't justify the extra money when there's plenty to eat elsewhere that suits us just fine.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

The Crab Shack is served in a special section of Horizon Court and will be announced in Patters. They ask that you make reservations, but it was never crowded on the Royal or Star Princess. They have several different entrees, but the appetizer and soup are the same. They have a dessert cart with several delicious desserts to choose from. We enjoyed everything but the hushpuppies, which weren't very good.

They offered it 2 nights on our pacific coastal cruise on the grand last week. They were not on formal nights. We had the crab and shrimp. It was pretty good. The shrimp was very spicy. My husband really enjoyed the flavor, but another table said it was too spicy for them and got just crab instead. We were also able to get more crab when asked. We didn't have any dessert. We were stuffed. They said they have a contract or something with them for 6 months so I'm not sure if this is only a temporary thing.

I did the Crab Shack on the Star Princess in December and really enjoyed it. It was actually one of the best meals I had on the ship. I went to all three specialty restaurants on that cruise just for the fun of it. Here are some pictures.

Thanks for the great pictures! I thought about this restaurant on the Star. Now, having seen the pictures, I really will try it next time. Thanks again!

Thanks for the great pictures! I thought about this restaurant on the Star. Now' date=' having seen the pictures, I really will try it next time. Thanks again![/quote']I just got off the Star. The Crab Shack is a bit hard to find, at least on my cruise. It was located in the rear dining area of the side of the Horizon Court Buffet that was closed. I hope that makes sense! We didn't try it, since my wife doesn't care much for seafood. But it looked popular.

It's in one of the specialty restaurants and will appear in the Patter. They had it twice on my Panama Canal trip last week. We didn't go. I couldn't justify the extra money when there's plenty to eat elsewhere that suits us just fine.

That is how we feel, too.

If we both liked the offerings I'm sure it was a good deal for the money but lots of it neither of us liked and looked like you were stuck with a specific pot of stuff. As for crawfish, I'm from TX and they're all the rage here right now--in season I think--I can't stand them on the table, let alone eat them! I just don't want my dinner staring @ me and seeing their antennae moving......and I swear they do!! :). I don't eat lobster either, partly for the same reason!

If we both liked the offerings I'm sure it was a good deal for the money but lots of it neither of us liked and looked like you were stuck with a specific pot of stuff. As for crawfish, I'm from TX and they're all the rage here right now--in season I think--I can't stand them on the table, let alone eat them! I just don't want my dinner staring @ me and seeing their antennae moving......and I swear they do!! :). I don't eat lobster either, partly for the same reason!

Sound like you made a good decsion.

I did the Crab Shack on the Star Princess in December and really enjoyed it. It was actually one of the best meals I had on the ship. I went to all three specialty restaurants on that cruise just for the fun of it. Here are some pictures.

:confused: 3 specialty restaurants? I know of Sabatini's and the Crown Grill, what is the 3rd??

For us Brits amongst you can someone please explain what hushpuppies are as in the UK they are shoes and I dont fancy eating them :D

The Crab Shack is served in a special section of Horizon Court and will be announced in Patters. They ask that you make reservations, but it was never crowded on the Royal or Star Princess. They have several different entrees, but the appetizer and soup are the same. They have a dessert cart with several delicious desserts to choose from. We enjoyed everything but the hushpuppies, which weren't very good.

I want to thank all of you for your great information.... location( Menus)and the fantastic pictures.... We are sailing on the Coral April 28 so I think

we just might have to try it .

Well, just showed my DH the menu and not sure if we are going to try it, He said that for another $5 pp we could go to Sabatinis, and come to think of it he might be right.

Edited by Momma Mojito

I want to thank all of you for your great information.... location( Menus)and the fantastic pictures.... We are sailing on the Coral April 28 so I think

we just might have to try it .

Well, just showed my DH the menu and not sure if we are going to try it, He said that for another $5 pp we could go to Sabatinis, and come to think of it he might be right.

This was recently posted by Pia on her current Live thread on the Coral.

"I forgot to mention the the Crab Shack is being held on this cruise; I believe they intend to do it twice. It’s $20, but it’s a lunch, not a dinner. Several of our roll call people were interested, but then they decided they didn’t want all this food in the middle of the day. There’s really no reason they can’t do it in the closed side of HC as an evening alternative. Then again, perhaps they do have enough daytime interest to warrant this."

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by IECalCruiser