Is it time for Celebrity to replace Concierge Class hand bag provided in cabin?

Spartan Tartan

I wondering how many cruisers have the hand bag provided by Celebrity in concierge class cabins and do you find it useful? Would it not be better if a small back pack similar to what Rick Steves carries on his travel show be better? Celebrity could place a small stylish white X on a blue back pack and provide 2 in each cabin. If memory serves only 1 hand bag is provided per cabin, but I may be wrong. The back pack could be nylon or faux leather with a few compartments to be used when going on shore excursions. Most practical and good advertising for Celebrity.

A back pack would be much better. White with blue X or blueish with white X. Due to cost i would be okay with only one of them per cabin. Dont use the hand bags from AQ anymore, to uncomfortable to carry on an excursion - bringing my own back pack...

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Next it will be a fanny pack. How about a bottle koozie? A few have complained that they are cheap and wear out. If that is true than they need to keep supplying them.

No matter what it is if you sail a few times you will have more than you need or will ever use and it ends up being useless clutter.

I like the dark blue bags. I have many, many of them and either use them on travels to the beach (at home and away) or give them to friends and family. They are very useful. Backpacks??? I would never use one - especially in port.

(We have always received one each when traveling with two singles in a cabin.)

Does AQ get the same bag as CC?

I have two different bags - the lightweight blue linen? one broke when we first got and it was replaced with a nice one that folded into a cover. We received the latter one on our second cruise - so we have two. I like these bags.

They have changed them. Just returned from cruise. Cheaper model received! Still used it on excursions and appreciate not having to pack one for European cruises!

Yes, we received the cheaper model on our Solstice September 2013 cruise.

We usually use these bags to carry off any purchases that we make during our cruise, and the tote becomes my husband's second carry-on item. We find them very handy and would not want a back-pack.

We usually use these bags to carry off any purchases that we make during our cruise, and the tote becomes my husband's second carry-on item. We find them very handy and would not want a back-pack.

When I haven't left them behind in the cabin, this is exactly what we've used ours for, too.

I remember when they handed out a nice 3 piece bag set (2 smaller bags inside a larger one)... then they went to a nice durable canvas bag and now they provide a bag that can only be considered limited use(durability) while I too would prefer a nicer bag.. I think the bottom line is the bag as it is ..is a token offering and considering the cost of any improvement over what is now being handed out will be nixed by the powers that count the profits...

I think the bottom line is the bag as it is ..is a token offering and considering the cost of any improvement over what is now being handed out will be nixed by the powers that count the profits...

OR - added to your criuse fare.

Last year on our B2B we left both of the totes in the room. Had no room left in our luggage.

But did take our President's Sailing giveaways towels and stuff with us.

Regards,

Kevin Reid.

Hi Everyone,

I'm fine with whatever Celebrity offers, as it's a gift... though a backpack would be of no use to us. We've always liked the previous version of the bag, though some have reported it has changed. I suppose we will receive the new one, when we sail on Eclipse next month.

I love the blue AQ/CC bags and have used them extensively . Would someone be kind enough to post a picture of the replacement bag that is now being given? Just curious.

We loved them too and made great use of them but last cruise we received "the cheaper" version and it looks the same but is made with inferior materials and labor. The handles on the bag were not sewn properly at all, I thought this was a fluke and asked for a replacement but the second one was not much better. The handles come detached from the bag with just a couple of uses carrying only beach towels and sunscreen. :(

I realize these are "gifts" but do not believe these new poorly made bags reflect well on Celebrity and their "luxury" marketing efforts if they fall apart quickly and are so inferior you would not want to give them away.

We loved them too and made great use of them but last cruise we received "the cheaper" version and it looks the same but is made with inferior materials and labor. The handles on the bag were not sewn properly at all, I thought this was a fluke and asked for a replacement but the second one was not much better. The handles come detached from the bag with just a couple of uses carrying only beach towels and sunscreen. :(

I realize these are "gifts" but do not believe these new poorly made bags reflect well on Celebrity and their "luxury" marketing efforts if they fall apart quickly and are so inferior you would not want to give them away.

Are you talking about the light "grocery store" type bags or the heavy lined bags with the leatherette handles?

Archived