Any Rembrandt (nee; Rotterdam) Cruisers out there?

Host Walt

This post appears on the "What Ever Happened To...?" board. Is there anyone who can answer the question?

]We sailed on Rembrandt in 1998. Had a second cruise booked on her when Premier folded. We were to be in Cabin 1, top deck, starboard, all the way forward. I've often wondered what that cabin was like, and what the access was. It appeared to be a small outside stairway. Intriguing! Has anyone been in that cabin, or nearby? I've always been curious.

Next time someone is on the Rotterdam, in the forward stairwell between Dolphin and Main decks on the midway landing, deck plans for previous ship bearing the name Rotterdam are framed and on display.

I spent some time looking at them. I believe the ship that became known as Rembrandt is one of the sets of deckplans.

Perhaps someone can check and post an answer about the stairway.

This post appears on the "What Ever Happened To...?" board. Is there anyone who can answer the question?

Yes, these used to be extra rooms for guest artists on board or some officers, you can see them on the old Rotterdam deckplans, just punch in 'old Rotterdam deckplans'. I don't think the hotel has them anymore, I stayed at the opposite, port side and had to get there through the elevator and forward hallway.

Host Walt, thank you for noting my post in a more frequently read board.

I do have the deckplans; going through my old Premier booklets is what renewed my interest.

The cabin we had on our first (and only) Rembrandt cruise was great. So much storage, including shelving just for hats.

And I still wear a dress that just happened to match all the colors found in the Smoking Room. Those colors are different now.