Advice to Overseas Cruisers coming to Australia

My DW and I are preparing ourselves in earnest before we visit this great country of yours early next year.

In preparation for this epic journey, I have been following this thread with great interest, and it is a fountain of knowledge. There is far more to learn here than in any guide book.

My DW is however taking a different approach and watching Neighbor’s and Home and Away everyday as she claims she is learning about every day life in Oz.

This is fascinating stuff.

As for food well well we in Scotland have our fair share of interesting foods and there are too many to list but, just as a wee snapshot we have delights such as;

Black Pudding: - basically boiled pigs blood.

Haggis: - The cooked version ie which consists of sheep’s heart, liver, lungs and all cooked in a sheep’s stomach. The real haggis is a protected species and is extremely rare in the wild.

Stovies: - Consists of fat, onions, tatties and corned beef all mashed together.

Sheep’s Head Broth: - a delightful soup but remember to remove the brain and tongue first!

Rowies: Basically about 500 calories of cooked dough.

Deep fried Mars Bar: - a popular chocolate bar dipped in deep fried batter.

And no wonder we have a high record of heart disease but…I digress.

Hoots mon - have you seen Nessie in Loch Ness yet?

This wee laddie would like to see that thing - can you assure me it is a real thing and not some trumped up bull dust yarn to lure unsuspecting tourists like me to visit Scotland!

After all, it is going to cost me a lot of money to get to the Lock and one certainly would not visit Scotland for the food, I had no idea, but after reading your post - If I visit (subject to said assurances), I am bringing my own food with me from Australia.

Money is always a little bit tight as you good folk in Scotland are well aware! - and as so my many Scot friends living here constantly remind me.

But at least I can speak a bit of your lingo as you can see, so there will be no pulling the wool over my eyes on Nessie should I eventually get there.

I have digressed from the thread, will be back on track tomorrow.

Edited by Bpos

Would be nice to keep this fun thread going.

It shows what brilliant people Aussies and Kiwis are.

So back to it boys and girls.

No SEPTIC comments.:)

Just laughs and fun.

If the TANK is dry,someone will think of something.:)

Edited by mrs and mrs

Would be nice to keep this fun thread going.

It shows what brilliant people Aussies and Kiwis are.

So back to it boys and girls.

No SEPTIC comments.:)

Just laughs and fun.

If the TANK is dry,someone will think of something.:)

Agreed.

How about warning the visitors about the various areas in our capital cities that are best not walked around with any naivety.

e.g. Hindley st, Adelaide, Kings Cross in Sydney, Fyshwick or Mitchell in Canberra, most of ??????. etc.:D

Agreed.

How about warning the visitors about the various areas in our capital cities that are best not walked around with any naivety.

e.g. Hindley st, Adelaide, Kings Cross in Sydney, Fyshwick or Mitchell in Canberra, most of ??????. etc.:D

Yep,brilliant .

So no go areas must be qualified with go areas.

Helpful and fun,to our wonderful visitors.