Advice to Overseas Cruisers coming to Australia

Now that's bringing back some wonderful memories :D Oh and a bit more than 25 years for me :eek:

What about the rolled up sliced devon with mashed potato inside - what were they called? And traffic light sandwiches.

All washed down with GI cordial!

And Banana Boats and lolly bags.

Party sausage rolls.

I'm sure the list will grow.

I was pretty impressed.

They also provide the BBQ and gas and gazebos each week.

yep all the people need is what they will sell , drinks snags onions , and sometimes they can get them donated too so all is good for the fundraising they do , the bbqs are good ones not crap ones from what i have seen

My 10 year old grandson is addicted to Fetta Cheese. When we go out he orders a Greek salad, no olives but extra fetta cheese, he devours the cheese real quick.

I bought him a 500gm block of Fetta Cheese from Aldi for his birthday, gift wrapped it real nice, just for a laugh. He thought it was Christmas and devoured the lot on the half hour drive home.

Aldi have some great cheeses, their blue is really good.:D

ROTFLMAO!

But that could get a bit messy. Baby cheeses = young cheeses = soft / fresh cheeses ie brie, camembert, mozzarella / bocconcini / fiore di latte etc. All cheeses that turn very runny without refrigeration. ;)

Yeah, I was thinking of some edam and give the statue some blue veins and to make it taller have stiltson, after that I think it would be quite gouda. What do you think.;)

Miss Gut has a birthday coming up and decided that rather than real food she wants

Fairy Bread

Party pies

Little boys

Chocolate Crackles

And all the other stuff she had 25 or so years ago.

I didn't think your wife was that old, I thought she was still in school.:cool::p

Yeah, I was thinking of some edam and give the statue some blue veins and to make it taller have stiltson, after that I think it would be quite gouda. What do you think.;)

Don't forget the roq(ue)fort to stabilize everything and just be careful the Gorgon(zola) doesn't infest it. That could be a bit dangerous. Be careful you don't build a Munster, they might have to ride it off on the (Pe)rail. Of course, you could hide it in the Ched(dar) and use it to Trap(piste) mice. It would be much nicer if you could keep it in a Cottage but don't let it get any Fetta. And if it escapes you'll be saying "look at that Manchego!".

Don't forget the roq(ue)fort to stabilize everything and just be careful the Gorgon(zola) doesn't infest it. That could be a bit dangerous. Be careful you don't build a Munster, they might have to ride it off on the (Pe)rail. Of course, you could hide it in the Ched(dar) and use it to Trap(piste) mice. It would be much nicer if you could keep it in a Cottage but don't let it get any Fetta. And if it escapes you'll be saying "look at that Manchego!".

Very good,:cool:

you aussies are killing me, :D

Strewth, fair suck of the sav you wonderful Aussie CC members.

You have just filled four pages with posts about all types of sausages (and with a bit of cheese thrown in).

Why, it is enough to put any vegan reading this thread off meat for life - anyone for a carrot?

Has there been any sausage or likewise meat product that has not been mentioned?

I can think of only one but I am definately not going there!!! But I digress

But what will our valued overseas cruisers make of all this?

Well no doubt they will think we live on sausages, cakes and cheese (we all know that is true but they do not need to know our peculiar fetishes - do they).

Only one overseas CC has chipped in, Condorfan from California USA - see what he/she said in the above quote - please read and digest - now you know where I am coming from.

Well unfortunately, we Aussies love to talk (to anyone who will listen), to educate as well as give much advice, right or wrong, so everyone will just have to pull in their belt and accept our weird and odd ways.

So there it is - up front and out in the open.

Our posts and discussions serve only to enrich our overseas guests cruise/holiday experience in Australia.

We give information and advice that cannot be found elsewhere.

To do otherwise would be unAustralian

Edited by Bpos

My DW and I are preparing ourselves in earnest before we visit this great country of yours early next year.

In preparation for this epic journey, I have been following this thread with great interest, and it is a fountain of knowledge. There is far more to learn here than in any guide book.

My DW is however taking a different approach and watching Neighbor’s and Home and Away everyday as she claims she is learning about every day life in Oz.

This is fascinating stuff.

As for food well well we in Scotland have our fair share of interesting foods and there are too many to list but, just as a wee snapshot we have delights such as;

Black Pudding: - basically boiled pigs blood.

Haggis: - The cooked version ie which consists of sheep’s heart, liver, lungs and all cooked in a sheep’s stomach. The real haggis is a protected species and is extremely rare in the wild.

Stovies: - Consists of fat, onions, tatties and corned beef all mashed together.

Sheep’s Head Broth: - a delightful soup but remember to remove the brain and tongue first!

Rowies: Basically about 500 calories of cooked dough.

Deep fried Mars Bar: - a popular chocolate bar dipped in deep fried batter.

And no wonder we have a high record of heart disease but…I digress.

My DW and I are preparing ourselves in earnest before we visit this great country of yours early next year.

In preparation for this epic journey, I have been following this thread with great interest, and it is a fountain of knowledge. There is far more to learn here than in any guide book.

My DW is however taking a different approach and watching Neighbor’s and Home and Away everyday as she claims she is learning about every day life in Oz.

This is fascinating stuff.

As for food well well we in Scotland have our fair share of interesting foods and there are too many to list but, just as a wee snapshot we have delights such as;

Black Pudding: - basically boiled pigs blood.

Haggis: - The cooked version ie which consists of sheep’s heart, liver, lungs and all cooked in a sheep’s stomach. The real haggis is a protected species and is extremely rare in the wild.

Stovies: - Consists of fat, onions, tatties and corned beef all mashed together.

Sheep’s Head Broth: - a delightful soup but remember to remove the brain and tongue first!

Rowies: Basically about 500 calories of cooked dough.

Deep fried Mars Bar: - a popular chocolate bar dipped in deep fried batter.

And no wonder we have a high record of heart disease but…I digress.

Deep fried Mars Bars we used to have here, haven't seen one for yonks.

But you can find delicious deep fried haggis bites (which are bigger than expected) at the Chippie Doon the Lane in Glasgow.