Advice to Overseas Cruisers coming to Australia

Wikipedia, that great source of incorrect information, indicates that Corey, to key and pokey are used in different countries.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hokey_cokey

I don't think it really matters as most people are too drunk to notice when adults are dancing the Hokey Pokey, tokey, cokey, spokey, lokey, or shokey:p

I don't think it really matters as most people are too drunk to notice when adults are dancing the Hokey Pokey, tokey, cokey, spokey, lokey, or shokey:p

And then they follow it with the chicken dance, the macarena, a conga line, and finish with auld lang syne - at which point everyone collapses in a heap on the floor. :eek: :D

And then they follow it with the chicken dance, the macarena, a conga line, and finish with auld lang syne - at which point everyone collapses in a heap on the floor. :eek: :D

Now that sounds like a fun deck party!!

Sounds like most parties I went to in the 70s except I don't think the Macarena hit till the 80s.

WARNING TO OVERSEAS VISITORS - AUSTRALIA TO BE CLOSED ON 9 AUGUST 2016.

Dear Valued Overseas Visitor

Please be advised that we shall be closed for business on 9 August 2016 in order that every household in Australia can completed a very long and detailed census form to determine our future.

Indeed any Australian who does not comply with filling out the form can be fined $180 for every day they do not put pen to paper.

It is not appropriate that we go into the many detailed and personal questions we shall have to answer, that is only for Australian's to know (and really none of your business) - but suffice to say Question 435 on the Census form asks us to indicate if a Koala is a bear or not.

As that has been a hot topic for discussion on this thread, I felt it should be mentioned.

Please stock up on drink (preferably beer and wine), food and petrol for your hire car, make sure accommodation is booked if not staying onboard your ship as services everywhere will be limited.

Thank you for your consideration in the matter.

Business will be back to normal on 10 August - we hope

Edited by Bpos

WARNING TO OVERSEAS VISITORS - AUSTRALIA TO BE CLOSED ON 9 AUGUST 2016.

Dear Valued Overseas Visitor

Please be advised that we shall be closed for business on 9 August 2016 in order that every household in Australia can completed a very long and detailed census form to determine our future.

Indeed any Australian who does not comply with filling out the form can be fined $180 for every day they do not put pen to paper.

It is not appropriate that we go into the many detailed and personal questions we shall have to answer, that is only for Australian's to know (and really none of your business) - but suffice to say Question 435 on the Census form asks us to indicate if a Koala is a bear or not.

As that has been a hot topic for discussion on this thread, I felt it should be mentioned.

Please stock up on drink (preferably beer and wine), food and petrol for your hire car, make sure accommodation is booked if not staying onboard your ship as services everywhere will be limited.

Thank you for your consideration in the matter.

Business will be back to normal on 10 August - we hope

LOL, you may be right but my place will be open for its usual business as I have already completed my Census online and submitted it (along with around 1.5 million others).:D

LOL, you may be right but my place will be open for its usual business as I have already completed my Census online and submitted it (along with around 1.5 million others).:D

My crystal ball is broken, I'll have to wait until the appointed time.:rolleyes:

Food, food, glorious food.

Yes, you will find food here in Australia - if you look hard enough you may even find Eskimo cruisine being sold from an igloo somewhere in the outback - if that is your thing?

From Apple pie to Zucchini slice, it is all here.

Our home is girt by sea - we have the freshest, the best and huge variety of seafood - think crayfish, tuna, prawns, crabs, bugs and fish galore.

Then there are our famous meat pies with all sorts of fillings, anyone for crocodile fillets, kangaroo steaks, roo tail soup, mystery bags, emu on a skewer, whitchetty grubs, bush tucker etc - exotic foods for sure.

We have beef steaks growing on stations, some the size of Belgium (the farm, not the steer)- imagine that.

You must eat while you visit us downunder, it will give you plenty to talk about when you get home.

But one food item stands up against the rest - been around for some 90 years and adored by all Aussies - Vegemite - a must for breakfast.

Oddly enough - some overseas visitors, when trying it for the first time, have likened Vegemite to, wait for this, axle grease!!!

That is odd don't you agree?

I must say I have wondered what they do with all that used axle grease produced daily from servicing cars.

Well is it axle grease (You know the old saying - if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and talks like a duck - then it must be a duck) then axle grease must be good for you.

So famous is this spread that songs have been written about it, our troops take cartons of it when serving overseas and generations of Aussie kids and adults have been reared on Vegemite.

So make sure you try Vegemite on your trip. If you cannot find it in the hotel, motel, or cafe restaurants at breakfast time then you are obviously Not in Australia at all!!! Take that up with your travel agent when you get home. Perhaps they have booked you to Austria by mistake.

See the attached photo to help,you identify our iconic national spread

image.jpg.54512de8d3a8179bb701c910ee454ca4.jpg

Edited by Bpos
Spelling