Advice to Overseas Cruisers coming to Australia

Well ...

In the interests of not scaring the tourist too much here's the TV guide listing for it:

MOVIE:

Black Sheep - An experiment in genetic engineering turns harmless sheep into blood-thirsty killers that terrorise a sprawling New Zealand farm. Directed by Jonathan King and stars Oliver Driver, Nathan Meister and Tammy Davis. (From New Zealand) (Comedy) (2006) :eek: :D

Phew, I am so happy that what I thought was a documentary turned out to be just a fictional comedy movie - thanks for putting my mind at ease again.

I can now put NZ back on the list for a must do holiday again soon, as it is truely a wonderful country to visit on your overseas grand tour of Australia and downunder. But I digress

Now I will let you into a little known fact - indeed probably a well kept secret which is the reason I love going to NZ time after time.

I am only reporting this once (that is talking about NZ) as this thread is about advice mainly for overseas cruisers visiting Australia . I hope you will cut me some slack on that I and will get back on track after this expose'

Now the reason I love visiting NZ is ........... Hokey Pokey icecream - yes can you believe that - a simple icecream can have such allure - it is cold, creamy, sublime, pure gold, mouthwatering and died and gone to heaven stuff.

Is it that good - yes it is and better.

And they sell it in quaint shops called "Dairies" - how about that.

On our last road trip, my wife made me stop at every dairy we passed in order to fill her desire for the heavenly icecream (nectar of the gods she says) - some days we only travelled 20 kms as there were so many dairies everywhere.

So if going to NZ - buy it and try it - at the dairy of course.

Mmmm. Hokey Pokey ice-cream. Yummo.

Luckily NZ Natural usually have it so I didn't get withdrawal symptoms when I moved to Australia from NZ.

And guess what's on some Princess ships? NZ Natural ice-cream, including hokey pokey. :D

Luckily NZ Natural usually have it so I didn't get withdrawal symptoms when I moved to Australia from NZ.

And guess what's on some Princess ships? NZ Natural ice-cream, including hokey pokey. :D

Well I never - are you saying I can buy that icecream in Australia?

And I have been spending thousands of dollars on holidays to buy icecream - goodness me.

Edited by Bpos

Well I never - are you saying I can buy that icecream in Australia?

And I have been spending thousands of dollars on holidays to buy icecream - goodness me.

There are four outlets in WA. :D

Kiosk 112, Carousel Shopping Centre

Cannington WA 6107

Kiosk 7, Floreat Forum

Howtree Place

Floreat WA 6014

Shop 43 Westfield Innaloo

Ellen Stirling Bvd

Innaloo WA 6018

Shop 2

Ocean Falls Boulevard

Mindarie WA 6030

There you go! :D :D :D

I would prefer the hokey pokey ice cream if it didn't have all those little bits of honeycomb all through it.

I would prefer the hokey pokey ice cream if it didn't have all those little bits of honeycomb all through it.

But if there is no hokey pokey, then there is no hokey pokey -if you get my drift.

I'm an American in 2016. I'll go wherever they'll take me.

Welcome to the Aussie/Kiwi forum and I love your name - I bet you are an adorable person.

Yes we love our overseas visitors, no matter where they come from and even people from the good old USA come in their thousands to see how we do it here.

I am a little perplexed at the contents of your two posts here - are you seeking advice about immigrating to Australia? I too sometimes confuse people with my writings but that is usually after imbibing from a brown bottle

If so you are in the wrong place, you need to google what you want and it will all be revealed.

This is a forum for cruising, now if you want to come here for a holiday - well that is different. You wiil be welcomed warmly, particularly during our summer months

And the good folk on here will be only to happy to help out with any questions you may have to ensure you have a holiday of a lifetime

Welcome to the Aussie/Kiwi forum and I love your name - I bet you are an adorable person.

Yes we love our overseas visitors, no matter where they come from and even people from the good old USA come in their thousands to see how we do it here.

I am a little perplexed at the contents of your two posts here - are you seeking advice about immigrating to Australia? I too sometimes confuse people with my writings but that is usually after imbibing from a brown bottle

If so you are in the wrong place, you need to google what you want and it will all be revealed.

This is a forum for cruising, now if you want to come here for a holiday - well that is different. You wiil be welcomed warmly, particularly during our summer months

And the good folk on here will be only to happy to help out with any questions you may have to ensure you have a holiday of a lifetime

Sorry. I was reading this thread as well as the "C&A snobs" thread, and admiring everyone's sense of humor, and thinking I might fit in better on that part of the planet. :)

i.e., mostly a somewhat weak joke. ;)

Sorry. I was reading this thread as well as the "C&A snobs" thread, and admiring everyone's sense of humor, and thinking I might fit in better on that part of the planet. :)

Oh, not only do I love your name, I do love your sense of humour - so different to the Aussie way in every way if you get what I mean.

Why we even spell humour (Humor in American) differently and probably say it differently - but as long standing allies, you can say and do what you like - we still love y'All

Edited by Bpos

We'll hang around, you don't have to be an Aussie to join the fun.

You might need to get out before the wall is built.

Although we do have a fence,that stretches across Aus,to keep undesirables out.:)

Or should I say out of different states.

Edited by mrs and mrs
to early in the morning spelling

You might need to get out before the wall is built.

Although we do have a fence,that stretches across Aus,to keep undesirables out.:)

Or should I say out of different states.

It is only rabbit proof and dingo resistant, all other creatures can get past.:rolleyes:

Overseas visitors to Australia love to cuddle or/and hold Koala bears as they seem to be such cute little animals and everyone loves them.

Can I just say if you are fortunate to be able to hold a Koala during your visit downunder then please take the following precautions:

A Wear a full raincoat that covers you from head to toe

B If A above not applicable, then try a plastic sheet or poncho from a $2 shop.

WHY is it necessary to take these precautions???

The answer is simple - the little cute Koala will pee all over you - and I can tell you from experience that your Husband/Wife/friend on the cruise will not want to be within 10 meters of you for the rest of the day or perhaps even the next several days?

Even a Australian Government minister some years ago experienced what I have outlined above - I think it cost him his re-election.

But even worse - the bus driver who took you on the tour will probably not let on on his bus for the trip back to the ship - imagine that.

Is it that bad - yes it is.

You may even be denied entry back on the ship and even if you do get aboard, your cabin steward will probably call the Head Housekeepert and have you put in quarantine for a week.

If you want to cuddle a Koala then follow the advice in A and B above.

And a koala is more likely to pee on you if you refer to it as a bear, which it is not! ;)

But if there is no hokey pokey, then there is no hokey pokey -if you get my drift.

Exactly! :D

Those are the best bits and in good quality NZ hokey pokey ice-cream they stay crunchy as well as adding flavour. It's all about texture these days, you must have crunch according to MasterChef. :D

With some wannabe hokey pokey ice-creams the hokey pokey goes soft. :eek: Nothing worse than soggy hokey pokey! :eek:

Edited by OzKiwiJJ

Exactly! :D

Those are the best bits and in good quality NZ hokey pokey ice-cream they stay crunchy as well as adding flavour. It's all about texture these days, you must have crunch according to MasterChef. :D

With some wannabe hokey pokey ice-creams the hokey pokey goes soft. :eek: Nothing worse than soggy hokey pokey! :eek:

I prefer to eat an ice cream rather than putting my left foot in it and then taking it out again.:p