Advice to Overseas Cruisers coming to Australia

harry the hub's pies aren't quite the same since they were franchised off. I am off the sixties in the RNZN when we would bounce of the walls of HMAS Kuttabul coming back from the Cross to find the Harry de Wheels pie cart outside Garden Island dockyard gate. Officially it was Harry de Wheels but some kiwi sailors stole the wheels and thus we called it Harry de Hubs.

Without being racist it isn't the same to see an Asian serving up a pie, mushy peas, gravy on a paper plate and plastic fork.

Some of the old romanticsm has gone over time

Agree not as good, but still one of the best, mass market type.

Not until the next world championship anyway.

We may have more glory sooner than you think.

Word is that at this very moment Australia's highest profile statesman Sir Les Patterson is winging his way to Rio to bribe* (* tip for our USA friends) high level IOC delegates to secure a late berth for Quiddich at the upcoming Olympics.

Word is that at this very moment Australia's highest profile statesman Sir Les Patterson is winging his way to Rio to bribe* (* tip for our USA friends) high level IOC delegates to secure a late berth for Quiddich at the upcoming Olympics.

Oh well if Sir Les is behind the push its a sure thing I'd say.

Oh well if Sir Les is behind the push its a sure thing I'd say.

Speaking of the great man. It may be helpful if someone(who have the skills to insert pictures) could post a photo of Les.

This could assist our overseas visitors in understanding how high the bar is set when it comes to dress code and behaviour in the MDR on formal nights when cruising in Australian waters.

Edited by woodyren

Speaking of the great man. It may be helpful if someone(who have the skills to insert pictures) could post a photo of Les.

This could assist our overseas visitors in understanding how high the bar is set when it comes to dress code and behaviour in the MDR on formal nights when cruising in Australian waters.

Like this one

Of my hero

image.jpeg.014833bdb9947d7ce97daf5a52f56038.jpeg

I have a rather graphic image of a Drop Bear attack. I put it in this post but then deleted it because it's very bloody and graphic.

Drop Bears are no joke.

Edited by Russell21

I can't believe that, surely Kevin would have been a better option.:p

Overseas visitors to Australia love to cuddle or/and hold Koala bears as they seem to be such cute little animals and everyone loves them.

Can I just say if you are fortunate to be able to hold a Koala during your visit downunder then please take the following precautions:

A Wear a full raincoat that covers you from head to toe

B If A above not applicable, then try a plastic sheet or poncho from a $2 shop.

WHY is it necessary to take these precautions???

The answer is simple - the little cute Koala will pee all over you - and I can tell you from experience that your Husband/Wife/friend on the cruise will not want to be within 10 meters of you for the rest of the day or perhaps even the next several days?

Even a Australian Government minister some years ago experienced what I have outlined above - I think it cost him his re-election.

But even worse - the bus driver who took you on the tour will probably not let on on his bus for the trip back to the ship - imagine that.

Is it that bad - yes it is.

You may even be denied entry back on the ship and even if you do get aboard, your cabin steward will probably call the Head Housekeepert and have you put in quarantine for a week.

If you want to cuddle a Koala then follow the advice in A and B above.

It is now almost two months since this warning about Koala's was published.

Since then not one report in the local, national or international media of a Koala peeing on a valued overseas visitor.

I can only conclude from this, the following:

A The Koala's have cleaned up their act.

B All overseas visitors have read this warning and are taking heed of the advice thereto.

C A combination of A and B above is in play.

Aussie Cruise Critics - take a bow

It could be time to start mentioning, one of the deadliest, creatures in Australia

This creature can render, one unable to walk.

Man,woman,animal,pushbikes,even motor vehicles.

Usual lies in wait at bottom of garden, known to totally end back-yard footy and cricket matches.

This creature is of course.

THE THREE CORNERED JACK.

Sometimes has other names.