Advice to Overseas Cruisers coming to Australia

We did a tour with Tex's wine tours?? in Newcastle and we were poured back

I don't do tours in the Hunter, but have heard good things about Tex's, also Two Fat Blokes (gourmet tours).

Twofatblokes.com.au

Is garnering a real following and I've heard nothing but good about them so far.

Thanks to your timely intervention.

BTW, How did your wild flower program go?

Thank you for your interest. Here is my report as promised.

We arrived at the National Park near Jurien Bay north of Perth early afternoon but on inspection, could not distinguish between weeds and wild flowers so left things as they were.

Naturally disappointment set in so we decided to head for town and do what we do best - visit the Pub.

On the way to town we saw a huge lawn (at least 1000 acres, we do everything big in Western Australia) and about 400 odd of that wonderful Aussie invention, the Eco lawn mower, in action. (mentioned previously on this thread)

They must have been the new remote controlled model as we saw no operators in the driver's seats - would have taken a photo for you but my camera was stolen by a dingo at the park.

Jurien Bay is the centre for our major Lobster fishing industry, crayfish everywhere but not cheap as most are air freighted live overseas within hours of being caught. Some people describe WA crays as having a wonderful body but a head full of ..... well I leave that to your imagination.

I love them but made the mistake of likening my wife to a crayfish sometime ago - with a disastrous result - if you get my drift.

FInally, we spent the last day out fishing, big pastime here, my mates all caught 30 kg dhufish and guess what I caught - a cold.

Good to see you all kept up with the advice and tips for our valued overseas visitors.

Ps - the wild flower season will be amazing this year because we have actually had some rain and handwatering of the bush not necessary.

Edited by Bpos

It was the fellow sitting on the sign above the bike I was warning about.

I realise that. I was under the impression obviously wrong that the dude had got off his bike and climbed the sign to see if there were any dudes around with corks hanging off their hats. If I have wrong I apologise

I realise that. I was under the impression obviously wrong that the dude had got off his bike and climbed the sign to see if there were any dudes around with corks hanging off their hats. If I have wrong I apologise

Nah he just ate the postie

And the roundabouts, long before anywhere else in Aus had them, confusing people left right and centre, at least they've since multiplied, a bit like polys I guess.
They are not our pollies, they come from all over Australia to ruin our town for a while.:(

Thank you for your interest. Here is my report as promised.

We arrived at the National Park near Jurien Bay north of Perth early afternoon but on inspection, could not distinguish between weeds and wild flowers so left things as they were.

Naturally disappointment set in so we decided to head for town and do what we do best - visit the Pub.

On the way to town we saw a huge lawn (at least 1000 acres, we do everything big in Western Australia) and about 400 odd of that wonderful Aussie invention, the Eco lawn mower, in action. (mentioned previously on this thread)

They must have been the new remote controlled model as we saw no operators in the driver's seats - would have taken a photo for you but my camera was stolen by a dingo at the park.

Jurien Bay is the centre for our major Lobster fishing industry, crayfish everywhere but not cheap as most are air freighted live overseas within hours of being caught. Some people describe WA crays as having a wonderful body but a head full of ..... well I leave that to your imagination.

I love them but made the mistake of likening my wife to a crayfish sometime ago - with a disastrous result - if you get my drift.

FInally, we spent the last day out fishing, big pastime here, my mates all caught 30 kg dhufish and guess what I caught - a cold.

Good to see you all kept up with the advice and tips for our valued overseas visitors.

Ps - the wild flower season will be amazing this year because we have actually had some rain and handwatering of the bush not necessary.

Great stuff, glad to see you are living the dream.

They are not our pollies, they come from all over Australia to ruin our town for a while.:(

No I meant roundabouts have multiplied like polimiticians, I don't blame Canberrians just because they all congregate there, we are all at fault we vote for them and it encourages them.

Not sure why roundabouts multiply.

LOL, a very easy mistake to make.:p

Yeah but it doesn't explain the cold weather either.;)

And boy have we had some cold, just a few weeks ago I was saying that it didn't look like we were going to get much Winter then BOOM, they're saying snow again here this week, if you can really call it snow.

Here's one list

http://listverse.com/2011/03/30/top-10-most-venomous-snakes/

Other lists say as high as 7 out of 10.

Luckily you would only encounter one of these snakes at any one time, otherwise it would be a worry if they were ganging up on everyone. Although there was that one time on a flight from Hawaii.....:eek:.

Koalas are NOT bears.

On my return home from a recent visit up to the bush, I called into the Yanchep National Park on the way back to see my mate Blinky Bill, the Koala.

By the way, this is the only one of a couple locations in Western Australia where Koalas are located, but I digress.

Anyway, I told Blinky that he should stop impersonating a bear because someone said on Cruise Critics that he "Was not a bear"

Well, he did not take it too well as the attached photo wiil attest.

But he did say and promised that the Koalas in Yanchep Park will stop peeing on overseas tourists from now on - but he could not guarantee that Aussies would be safe given the not bear comment quoted above

So fellow Aussies, you have been warned!

image.jpg.b52325930fcf813a87edf17868032962.jpg

Edited by Bpos