Advice to Overseas Cruisers coming to Australia

Many overseas cruisers combine a cruise to both Australia and New Zealand as each country, while relatively close, are unique in so many ways and besides the Kiwi's want the tourist dollar as much as we do.

But after the horrible show I saw late last night on SBS2 (Mon 1 Aug), I feel compelled to seek assurances from our Kiwi friends, that the events depicted in "Black Sheep" have been resolved.

The doco - about sheep in NZ is too graphic/horrific to describe on this forum but suffice to say - pose a dangerous and possible deadly threat to humans - into which category our valued overseas visitor fit, I presume!

I came in late on the screening and only saw a little of the doco (well I assume that is what is was) because I became frightened and quickly turned it off.

It was too horrible to have been a fictional movie I think.

Surely someone from NZ can help out here - as I too would like to revisit NZ again soon - perhaps on the Ovation of the Seas. It is a must see country, after Australia of course.

Readers of this post may be able to see the doco on SBS2 playback - not for me, I am still traumatised from the little I saw.

I regret raising this very sensitive matter and have no wish to upset the very close relations that exist between Australia and New Zealand.

If only Kiwi's spoke English in the same way we do, then they could well be the eight state of this wonderful country we call home.

Many overseas cruisers combine a cruise to both Australia and New Zealand as each country, while relatively close, are unique in so many ways and besides the Kiwi's want the tourist dollar as much as we do.

But after the horrible show I saw late last night on SBS2 (Mon 1 Aug), I feel compelled to seek assurances from our Kiwi friends, that the events depicted in "Black Sheep" have been resolved.

The doco - about sheep in NZ is too graphic/horrific to describe on this forum but suffice to say - pose a dangerous and possible deadly threat to humans - into which category our valued overseas visitor fit, I presume!

I came in late on the screening and only saw a little of the doco (well I assume that is what is was) because I became frightened and quickly turned it off.

Surely someone from NZ can help out here - as I too would like to revisit NZ again soon - perhaps on the Ovation of the Seas. It is a must see country, after Australia of course.

Readers of this post may be able to see the doco on SBS2 playback - not for me, I am still traumatised from the little I saw.

I regret raising this very sensitive matter and have no wish to upset the very close relations that exist between Australia and New Zealand.

If only Kiwi's spoke English in the same way we do, then they could well be the eight state of this wonderful country we call home.

Ummm what's the 7th State, we only have six now?

Well we didn't get to see this so called doco this side of the ditch so cant comment on it. I just wish that Australians if they get traumatised about sheep are as traumatised about the way they treat their aboriginal children in the Northern territories.

Well we didn't get to see this so called doco this side of the ditch so cant comment on it. I just wish that Australians if they get traumatised about sheep are as traumatised about the way they treat their aboriginal children in the Northern territories.

This thread has always been about having a bit of fun, banter between us all and sometimes throwing out a bit of advice that maybe helpful for visitor's coming this way.

I for one, never intended that it be a forum for discussion etc on serious social issues or otherwise affecting our country or indeed anyone's country.

I am sure most who have contributed to the banter and have read this thread would feel the same way and want it to continue along the same lines.

If that is not the case, then we need to rethink our motives and perhaps abandon this particular thread and go back to serious discussion on cruising.

Everyone talk a big breath, breathe slowly and rethink.

No disrespect to beanb41, in fact I've been expecting this from someone and waiting.

Its been a great thread.

Respect,respect,respect.

That's why we are ANZACs.

:):):):)

Hey heres something for everyone to chew on.

Traci is an born indigenous Nz'er,has lived in AUS for 28 yrs,am naturalised or lobotamalised.

Linda is a indigenous Australian,born and breed.(aboriginal)

Neither of us are full-bloods,we are classified as yellow-fellows.

We have been and are about to re-enter dis-advantaged foster children scheme.

Beanb41 I can tell you that most Australians are horrified as to what has been going on.Black or White.

We know we live right in the middle of it.

To You Beanb41 (KIA-KAHA)

To the rest of us Aussies,stand tough,stand tall,cause the world is a changing.For the better.

Little rant over.

Love and peace to all.

Now back to the fun thread.MMhh

Edited by mrs and mrs

That film is a classic example of what can happen if you leave some people alone for too long to their own devices.

Is it really a comedy though?

Well ...

In the interests of not scaring the tourist too much here's the TV guide listing for it:

MOVIE:

Black Sheep - An experiment in genetic engineering turns harmless sheep into blood-thirsty killers that terrorise a sprawling New Zealand farm. Directed by Jonathan King and stars Oliver Driver, Nathan Meister and Tammy Davis. (From New Zealand) (Comedy) (2006)

Sounds like the sheep version of the killer rabbit in Spamalot. :eek: :D

Well ...

In the interests of not scaring the tourist too much here's the TV guide listing for it:

MOVIE:

Black Sheep - An experiment in genetic engineering turns harmless sheep into blood-thirsty killers that terrorise a sprawling New Zealand farm. Directed by Jonathan King and stars Oliver Driver, Nathan Meister and Tammy Davis. (From New Zealand) (Comedy) (2006)

Sounds like the sheep version of the killer rabbit in Spamalot. :eek: :D

The Holy Grail rabbit, runaway, runaway.;)