Pearl Specialty Dining Question

amallison

We're going on a cruise with a group in December. There are a few of us who have reservations at the same specialty restaurants on the same night at the same time. My question is, if we let them know we'd like to eat together would they be able to accommodate that?

Should we let them know before we get on the ship? Maybe have our TA contact NCL and let them know on our behalf? Or just let them know when we get onboard?

We have the SDP thanks to the Free at Sea promo if that makes a difference.

Thanks in advance for your help!

How many are you talking about? I am currently on the Pearl and have seen groups of 8 often in the specialty restaurants. It wouldn't hurt to give names, restaurants, dates and times to NCL ahead of time but I don't think it would be necessary to do it before you are on the ship unless the number is huge.

How many are you talking about? I am currently on the Pearl and have seen groups of 8 often in the specialty restaurants. It wouldn't hurt to give names, restaurants, dates and times to NCL ahead of time but I don't think it would be necessary to do it before you are on the ship unless the number is huge.

It looks like it'll be 7 at the most.

Our TA basically said we're on our own for letting them know which kind of ticked me off. Any suggestion as to who to email specifically for the Pearl?

I'd suggest that immediately after boarding that you go to each restaurant and ask to have your reservations changed to accommodate your group. You might need to take the responsible party for the other reservation(s) with you just in case.

The last person I would have do this is my TA. Nor would I bother to contact the ship in advance.

You can visit their desk when you get onboard. In reality, nobody is going to look at it until the day of, or maybe a few days in advance. They have a handful of 8 seat tables, but not lots.

Log on to your ncl account and go to dining. Click on the restaurant and the day you would like and choose a reservation for 7. Once you are seated at the restaurant they will ask for your cards and everyone will be charged individually or given credit for dining plan.

We had out reservations "linked" on our upcoming Pearl Cruise. there are 6 of us, 3 couples. I had everybody's reservation number and called NCL to have this done. I had made specialty reservations for us on my online account, except could got get 6 for two of them, since I had them linked the others made reservations and we show as a group (hopefully) together, this was convenient for our reservation's at teppanyaki . Not worried, should work out. But of course I will check once onboard to make sure> lol

I called NCL directly & got it all handled. They confirmed that since we have reservations at the same time it should not be a problem for the staff to accommodate us together. They did send an email confirming this as well. If it makes us feel better, we can go to the reservations desk once onboard but they said it isn't necessary.

We're going on a cruise with a group in December. There are a few of us who have reservations at the same specialty restaurants on the same night at the same time. My question is, if we let them know we'd like to eat together would they be able to accommodate that?

Should we let them know before we get on the ship? Maybe have our TA contact NCL and let them know on our behalf? Or just let them know when we get onboard?

We have the SDP thanks to the Free at Sea promo if that makes a difference.

Thanks in advance for your help!

yes, for sure let them know ahead of time or as soon as you get on board; the best way would be to let your TA handle it. Good luck and enjoy the ship. She is among our favorites.

Glad you have it all worked out. I was going to suggest you call them. We have done this before or on line had the reservations linked together. We have also had our agent do this for us as long as all the cabins were booked by the same agency. I am a bit surprised your agent wasn't willing to do this for you.

yes, for sure let them know ahead of time or as soon as you get on board; the best way would be to let your TA handle it. Good luck and enjoy the ship. She is among our favorites.

Glad you have it all worked out. I was going to suggest you call them. We have done this before or on line had the reservations linked together. We have also had our agent do this for us as long as all the cabins were booked by the same agency. I am a bit surprised your agent wasn't willing to do this for you.

It really surprised me that the person I spoke to at my TA told me they wouldn’t do it. We use them for everything and have for the past 5 years and they’ve always handled stuff like this for us before. I think I know what happened though. There are two ladies we typically work with at our TA. One is the owner of the company who travels a lot (part of the job I guess ;)) the other recently retired. The lady who I asked about this is a newer employee and I don’t think she feels completely comfortable with everything just year. Unfortunately, when I asked her about it the owner was out of the country, the office was swamped and only staffed by herself and one other agent and I think that’s where the problem arose.

I didn’t mind calling NCL myself and got everything straightened out in just two or three minutes.

Sent from my iPad using Forums