Bringing liquor on board

DewMoney

First cruise on Regent. They said the Irish Whiskey they have is Jameson but I like Tullamore Dew. What do you think about bringing some of my own on board?

They would love you to bring your own liquor, and not drink theirs, I’m sure they would be happy if you bought a cooler with your own steaks and lobster. LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

They would love you to bring your own liquor, and not drink theirs, I’m sure they would be happy if you bought a cooler with your own steaks and lobster. LOL

I had a good laugh from your post:D. Yes - you can bring everything that you could possibly want on Regent -- after all, it saves them $$$.

Hi TC2 when is your next cruise? Where are you going, we leave on Emerald Princess for a 31 day from LA December 3 rd to South America. We’re in a Penthouse Suite. Should be fun

Hi TC2 when is your next cruise? Where are you going, we leave on Emerald Princess for a 31 day from LA December 3 rd to South America. We’re in a Penthouse Suite. Should be fun

Sounds like a great cruise. I will look up Emerald Princess because I'm interested in the boat that you will be on. If we were gone 31 nights, our kitties would divorce us:evilsmile:. Having said that, we will be doing a 25 night Amazon cruise on the Mariner next month. Since we will finally become Titanium on that cruise, the next 5 cruises that we have booked are between 14 and 20 nights. Hope that you have a great time!

P.S. Just looked up your suite -- it is a great size (bigger than Regent PH suites).

The Emerald is the one where a guy Murdered his wife a couple of months ago with his 3 kids on Board cause she would not stop laughing at him, very sad. Our last cat died three years ago we love cats but because we travel so much we did not get another one but we really miss not having one. We have not been to South America much that’s why we chose the cruise. We have been on the Emerald before and it’s not a favorite but it was the itinerary.

Plus we had enough miles to fly back business class!

Edited by goldenrod

The Emerald is the one where a guy Murdered his wife a couple of months ago with his 3 kids on Board cause she would not stop laughing at him, very sad. Our last cat died three years ago we love cats but because we travel so much we did not get another one but we really miss not having one. We have not been to South America much that’s why we chose the cruise. We have been on the Emerald before and it’s not a favorite but it was the itinerary.

Don't even know what to say about the guy that murdered his wife. It was a horrific story!!!

As I may have mentioned to you (definitely mentioned this on CC), when our last kitty was getting sicker (he had diabetes for three years), and ultimately passed away, we thought about how much time we would have to cruise. Those "thoughts" lasted four days. Having such a quiet house didn't work for us so we adopted two kitties -- not littermates but they think that they are brother and sister since they were adopted, spayed/neutered on the same day.). They love each other so much but also love us. Two years later we accidentally adopted another kitty. They bring so much joy to our lives that we don't really mind having shorter cruises.

Okay - this is likely way off topic. Hope that your cruise is wonderful!

Why bring your own?

Just tell your Travel Agent to to send in a request to Regent to have it on board for you. It is not a particularly expensive or exotic brand and should be no problem for them to get it for you gratis. Best if done at least 90 days before departure.

J

41/602

Why bring your own?

Just tell your Travel Agent to to send in a request to Regent to have it on board for you. It is not a particularly expensive or exotic brand and should be no problem for them to get it for you gratis. Best if done at least 90 days before departure.

J

41/602

This is what we did, and it wasn't a problem at all. However we're having some friends come on the ship for dinner in port, so we'll bring a few bottles of great wine on the ship to enjoy. Regent doesn't have this wine for sell.

Funny story. We were on a Regent (then Radisson) cruise in Italy a good number of year back. When I travel, I like to try local beers from the different countries and regions, so while on shore I bought a six-pack of local Italian beer. I also bought a model of an old ********* pistol (non-firing). Ship's security said the beer was fine, but because the pistol model looked pretty real, they asked to keep it for me until the end of the cruise, as it might frighten guests. No problem. My wife said "see, if we were on Royal Caribbean they would have taken your beer and let you keep the pistol!"

We were coming back on board in Lisbon once after purchasing a couple of bottles of very expensive port. We ran them through the scanner, and the guy manning the machine said, "Oh, I am so sorry, we are going to have to confiscate these." I was getting ready to pitch a fit, because I know the rules, when he smiled and said, "Just kidding."

I received these lists a little earlier this year. They are dated 2015, but I suspect they are still reasonably accurate. Now if they only upload as I intend.

Michael

Complimentary Wines RSSC 2016-04-11.docx

Connoisseur Wine Menu Regent 2015.pdf

Onboard Bar and Cigar Menu (Mar 2015).pdf

Reserve Wine List Updated Sept 2015 RSSC.pdf

I received these lists a little earlier this year. They are dated 2015, but I suspect they are still reasonably accurate. Now if they only upload as I intend.

Michael

I didn't notice any Rose on the list - do they have it on the included menu?

The lists are all that they had available to send. They are by no means complete and they are subject to change. However, from my experience they do not change much. We have had a really nice Rose’ wines on board from Provence and from the Tavel AOC. Like Jean states, we have also had at least one Zinfandel but I do not remember which one. I typically carry on wine and fill in from the list if I run low or if the Cellar Master has something interesting available that is not on the list because of limited quantities.

Thanks for that list, it appears we need to pick up someone wine in Miami before we board the ship also!

They prices for wines I like are a joke. I like malbecs and the prices are higher than AZ and not many to pick from. The AU wines are a joke.wonder if I can get my driver to go wine shopping with me.

I never been wine shopping in downtown Mia.