Vista Brewery Tour

kapcruiser

I did it on the inaugural cruise :)

It was well worth it for the free beer alone! Plus, the brewmaster is very knowledgeable and had answers to every single question (even off-the-wall ones).

The one thing I did notice is that the tours fill up super quick and they only do them a few times during the cruise so sign up as early as possible.

At the end, you also got a certificate with your name on it saying you did the brew tour...nice touch...I'll try to remember to scan it in later to post here.

Yes there is a cost but they include four pitchers of beer per table. We only had 5 people at the table so we all got quite a bit. Very good tour especially if you brew your own beer.

We went the first day to sign up and were told to come back the next day. We did and were able to sign up. Since this was a very port intensive tour we only had one day at sea but they had three brewery tours on that day.

We went on Nov 5th and the cost was only $12. Best part of the cruise. Loved the tour, loved the beer and Colin the brewmaster is awesome. Red Frog pub was our favorite hangout spot as well

He is a friendly unique type guy. Spent a little time with him at the naming ceremony in New York and he sure does love his job.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

He is a friendly unique type guy. Spent a little time with him at the naming ceremony in New York and he sure does love his job.

That's great. I couldn't remember his name until you mentioned it but Colin is great and agreed that he's almost too excited about his job. He was on the maiden voyage and shared that he was actually on the ship earlier to make sure everything was set up correctly and that they had a few batches of beer that would be ready for the maiden voyage. The tour is sooo worth it and I'm glad to hear he's still involved.

• 1 year later...
. But you get free beer during the tour, your certificate gets you one additional beer later during the cruise, and you get to keep a nice beer glass.

This is exactly as it was for the last two weeks, at $24.95. Tours are usually sea das at 1 and 2:30 (presuming enough sign ups), though sometimes they will do an extra at 11am, if needed.