Oceania Marina, Baltic Bliss. Transportation from ship terminal to airport

Eirrol2

Hi All,

I was wondering if I could get some advice on how to get from the Oceania terminal in Stockholm to the airport (ARN). We will be traveling on the Marina on August 9th thru the 19th. The ship arrives in Stockholm at 7am and we’re scheduled to fly out at 12:25 pm. Any suggestions on a reliable transportation company?

Thank you,

Lorraine

usually there are taxis waiting at most ports

or check the Baltic port of call forums for names of private drivers you can prebook

+1

The taxis in Stockholm are immaculate, plentiful, metered (i.e. regulated), the drivers all speak English and they all take credit cards. A car service would be overkill.

Taxis are unregulated in Stockholm. Here is a TripAdvisor sticky with the names of reputable companies:

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Travel-g189852-s304/Stockholm:Sweden:Taxis.And.Rental.Cars.html

Agree on a price and method of payment prior to your ride.

Exactly.

Only certain companies are recommended by locals as reliable.

Also, it is very likely that there will be a long line - make sure you have enough time before your flight and start early.

Make sure only to use taxis from https://www.taxistockholm.se/en/ or https://www.taxikurir.se and you will be be safe, the Taxi marked in Sweden is not regulated and there are some really bad ones out there witch can cost you a lot of money if you take the wrong car!

Some of the bad ones also try to have very similar names as the reliable ones so just take an extra look, and remember that you are not obligated to take the first Taxi in line, if you feel a bad vibe just choose another one!

We disembarked from a Seabourn cruise in Stockholm almost a month ago. We took a taxi to the airport. There were many taxis lined up and waiting at the port. It was very easy to do.

We used Uber in June to get from the port terminal to the airport. It worked wonderfully well and we didn't have to deal with wondering whether the driver took credit cards, and of course we knew the price up front. Be advised as the airport is quiet far from the cruise terminal, it is not a cheap fare, but it was about the same as what taxis charge, but seamless.

Wow, I never considered Uber. Did you use the same Uber app you use in the states?

Thanks to everyone for all of the great suggestions. I have downloaded a taxi app, but may look into Uber first.

Lorraine

• 5 weeks later...

As an update, I’d thought I should advise anyone with a similar question that finding a taxi upon disembarkment was simple, several were waiting just outside the terminal. We took the advise of others and used Taxi Stockholm. The cost was $63 as opposed to over $100 per person for using the transportation offered by Oceania.