aft sky suites S class?

39august

Are the any of the balconies on the aft facing sky suites covered? I'd love to try one, but I have the impression that the only cover is about a 12" roof projection above the balcony access door. Am I correct that sky suite balconies on deck 12 are covered?

Are the any of the balconies on the aft facing sky suites covered? I'd love to try one, but I have the impression that the only cover is about a 12" roof projection above the balcony access door. Am I correct that sky suite balconies on deck 12 are covered?

The Deck 12, Aft facing Sky Suites are covered. We love them! Gorgeous views, and a quiet location.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I can’t recall if we were on deck 12, but once we booked these aft suites, the balcony cover really didn’t matter. The size of the room outweighed the short projection. I am not a sun person, so I am always looking to sit in the shade on the balcony. I would just move and adjust with the time of day. As a bonus for me, my husband prefers to sit in the sun, so he was happy to move if he was out there with me. A minor inconvenience for the benefits and room size.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Those deck 12 sky suites would be under the outside of the OVC, right? I would suspect some noise problems with that location. A good point about moving due to sun's location on the balcony. Have to do that with completely covered balconies sometimes too. One of these times, we are going to go for one of these balconies.

It is on deck 12 of Reflection; an S1 corner aft, cabin 2208...

We love this cabin!! DH doesn’t “do” sun and this balcony has the best of both sun and shade. We sat outside during a rainshower and it was fantastic! We have this suite booked again x2. We were not bothered by sounds from above.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I just got off of Silhoutte and had 2157, a SS2 on deck 12 aft. Yes, it is under the outdoor seating for the Oceanview Cafe. The balcony is completely covered. As for noise, what bothers one person will not bother another. I am a reasonably sound sleeper and was not awakened in the early morning (5:30-6:00) by chairs and carts moving overhead. I occasionally heard chairs being moved during the day, mostly around meal times. When on the balcony, I could vaguely hear conversation in the background. Neither the chairs moving or the conversation bothered me.

There was an issue and I am guessing that it may be port and weather specific. Two of the mornings, when we were docking, the Captain had to put the engines in reverse and use the side thrusters to move the ship. A train going thru the cabin world have made less noise and vibration. The entire cabin rattled, vibrated, and it was extremely loud. That did wake me. It stopped and resumed for approximately 20-30 minutes. I have only seen a couple of complaints about this, so it may not be a regular occurrence.

It is on deck 12 of Reflection; an S1 corner aft, cabin 2208...

We have booked 1214 on the Reflection for a Jan 2019 cruise. I could be wrong, but recently it seems the corner aft-facing cabins on deck 12 are the last to get booked. If noise isn't an issue, are there any other issues you can think of that would keep folks from booking one? If nothing other than a noise perseption, maybe we'll readjust our thinking and start considering those in the future.

We have booked 1214 on the Reflection for a Jan 2019 cruise. I could be wrong, but recently it seems the corner aft-facing cabins on deck 12 are the last to get booked. If noise isn't an issue, are there any other issues you can think of that would keep folks from booking one? If nothing other than a noise perseption, maybe we'll readjust our thinking and start considering those in the future.

Noise, scrapping, in the early morning and evening was it. Everything else was great! I knew about the scrapping from above, so it was not surprising and I enjoyed deck 12 and the cover, since you could still get sun!

Noise, scrapping, in the early morning and evening was it. Everything else was great! I knew about the scrapping from above, so it was not surprising and I enjoyed deck 12 and the cover, since you could still get sun!

Thanks! Doesnt sound like too big of an issue.

I usually find the corner SS1’s cabins are booked early. They are our preferred locations. I usually see the deck 6 ones booked last. Therefore it must vary. In the past I always try to book when the cruise is initially opened for booking to get the deck 12 S1’s. There are only two on each cruise.

I do hear some deck noise, but it does not really bother us. For us the overhang makes it worth it.

We like to sit on our balcony and avoid the crowds in the shade around the pool area.

I recommend that you try one and see what you think.

I usually find the corner SS1’s cabins are booked early. They are our preferred locations. I usually see the deck 6 ones booked last. Therefore it must vary. In the past I always try to book when the cruise is initially opened for booking to get the deck 12 S1’s. There are only two on each cruise.

I do hear some deck noise, but it does not really bother us. For us the overhang makes it worth it.

We like to sit on our balcony and avoid the crowds in the shade around the pool area.

I recommend that you try one and see what you think.

Thanks! We will definitely give one a try if we are lucky enough to book one. :D