Currently on Jewel

canadalou

I am currently on the Jewel about to dock in Victoria. This is my 7th cruise with Norwegian, the first & last on the Jewel.Whilst overall we have had a great vacation, I do have a couple of comments to share regarding the guest services on board.

We attended the mandatory safety briefing on our departure day & were checked off on the register of attendance. Subsequently, we received 2 phone calls & a letter to our cabin requesting us to attend the ‘make up’ drill as records showed we had not attended the mandatory life boat drill!

We ignored the calls & the letter & there was no further follow up (which I thought was odd as not attending is surely a safety issue that should be followed up on).

On Friday, we completed our customs declaration to enter Canada & returned it to the front desk as requested.

Today we received two phone calls, the second of which I answered. The guest services rep wanted us to go immediately to the desk to complete a custom declaration as records showed we hadn’t done it yet! When I told her that we had in fact completed & returned our form, she rudely retorted that we obviously hadn’t or she would have it there at her desk. The tone of the conversation was not in any way pleasant & I do not appreciate being called a liar.

It is apparent that whilst the majority of the staff on board are fully capable of doing their jobs to great satisfaction, the guest services area is a complete shambles.

There were many other passengers at the desk this morning with similar complaints to mine & I would likely not sail this particular ship again because of this one issue.

Alaska was amazing & straws were available on request 😉

I would likely not sail this particular ship again because of this one issue.

/quote]

OK??? Really? Yep great idea, eliminate an entire choice of a cruise lines, because you expect this same "issue" to just keep repeating in your case?? Yep- it's likely to repeat and intensify to ruin an entire cruise, next time. ???? (shooting yourself in the foot??)

No perfect cruise.

/quote]

OK??? Really? Yep great idea, eliminate an entire choice of a cruise lines, because you expect this same "issue" to just keep repeating in your case?? Yep- it's likely to repeat and intensify to ruin an entire cruise, next time. ???? (shooting yourself in the foot??)

No perfect cruise.

WOW! BudgetQueen, you are clearly having a bad day😂 clearly having difficulty reading too!

I said I would not book the Jewel ship again, I said nothing about not booking with NCL.

As far as I’m aware, this public forum is for people to post reviews, questions & answers about cruising. If my post is helpful to someone considering booking the NCL Jewel that’s great, if it’s not helpful to you then jog on, absolutely no need to be nasty here.

Comments like yours are so unnecessary.

quote=Budget Queen;56218912]

/quote]

No perfect cruise.

Pity your cruise was not up to your standard. We have had 87 days on the Jewel in the last 12 months and loved every one. Never a problem that wasn't sorted quickly and politely. Found the GS agents brilliant.

Going on the jewel for the first time in August....other than customer service which can be hit or miss on the employees hired there how was the rest of the ship. food, cleanliness and activities?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I dare you to book and cruise on the Jewel again, OP!

The crew/staff rotate and they move from ship to ship all the time. So the next time you cruise it will be on the Jewel with different staff, OR on a different NCL ship that may have some staff from the Jewel!

;p:cool:

Hi there, we’ve had a great time. We are in a mid ship balcony room on level 9 & it’s very clean & well appointed. The ship itself is wonderful & the layout is very similar to the Pearl. Our room steward, Leo, is constantly smiling & is doing a great job taking care of us.

We loved the food, we ate in the buffet, Carney’s, Moderno & La Cucina. Cagneys was hands down the best meal (the rib eye steak was outstanding). There were (in our opinion) lots of different food options, the salad bar in the buffet was excellent, we aren’t fussy with food though so we aren’t hard to please lol

I can’t comment too much on activities as my hubby & I really didn’t do too much other that eat, sleep & read😂😂😂 The ports of call were great, we had never stopped at Sitka or Icy Strait Point before so that was fun. Also this cruise was 9 nights which we much preferred over the usual 7 night cruises we have previously done.

We are packing this morning, getting ready to disembark & are sad that our cruise is over. The customer service issues we experienced clearly did not ruin our vacation however, I felt they were significant enough to mention. I have never before encountered such rudeness from a CS representative on a cruise ship.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Going on the jewel for the first time in August....other than customer service which can be hit or miss on the employees hired there how was the rest of the ship. food, cleanliness and activities?

We did the Trans-Pac, food is good and while the ship is in need of drydock (fall this year) she is kept clean and in good order.

We ran in to the same issues the OP did, customer service sucked and the hotel officers were not very good. The general staff was great and you could actually see how bad it was by watching how they acted when officers were around.

The HD, Steven, is completely useless. Although if you complain about anything he will send you 4 chocolates to your room for the inconvenience. He just won't do anything about the problem.

We did the Trans-Pac, food is good and while the ship is in need of drydock (fall this year) she is kept clean and in good order.

We ran in to the same issues the OP did, customer service sucked and the hotel officers were not very good. The general staff was great and you could actually see how bad it was by watching how they acted when officers were around.

The HD, Steven, is completely useless. Although if you complain about anything he will send you 4 chocolates to your room for the inconvenience. He just won't do anything about the problem.

On same cruise, completely agree. If you have no problems, all good. It is once you have a problem that you see how it is handled badly.

Tell us about the weather, what you ended up wearing in response to it, etc. We are on a Seward to Vancouver sailing on the Jewel in late May early June next year.

The weather was awesome! We were very lucky to not have rain. Layers are the way to go as the weather is so changeable at this time of year.