Nervous: Valor - Riviera floor question

2Nkotb

I have cruised a few times before on different ships but have never been on the lowest stateroom level (we've always had a balcony on 7 and above). This time, however, my husband and I will be cruising with our young children and needed connecting rooms. The only ones available were the ocean view rooms on the Riviera level. I am very afraid that I'll feel "too close" to the water, if that makes any sense at all. For my ease of mind, I would like to know: for those of you whom have sailed on that floor, while you're in the room, will it seem like you're on ocean level? Will I be hearing/feeling waves splash on the window? Do you feel the movement of the ship less/more than higher levels? Thank you so much in advance!

We have stayed on Riviera on several cruises, because our top priority is to have a quiet room for sleeping and Riviera is typically great for that. My daughter who is prone to seasickness always prefers to be outside in the breeze but has no complaints about our cabin being low versus high on the ship. How much we feel the sway has depended more on bad weather and the ship's speed, but I have heard that people actually feel less lower in the ship.

On my first cruise, I had hoped that the sea would feel close out the window, but it really doesn't. You are not actually on the lowest deck of the entire ship. One nice thing is the easy of returning to your room after an exhausting port day in the sun, especially with kids.

I have cruised a few times before on different ships but have never been on the lowest stateroom level (we've always had a balcony on 7 and above). This time, however, my husband and I will be cruising with our young children and needed connecting rooms. The only ones available were the ocean view rooms on the Riviera level. I am very afraid that I'll feel "too close" to the water, if that makes any sense at all. For my ease of mind, I would like to know: for those of you whom have sailed on that floor, while you're in the room, will it seem like you're on ocean level? Will I be hearing/feeling waves splash on the window? Do you feel the movement of the ship less/more than higher levels? Thank you so much in advance!

Most of my cruises have been on Riviera deck. It is not the lowest deck so you are above the water by quite a bit. Only once, when we got really rough seas did the water ever splash on our window. It was actually pretty cool.

Our first cruise was on the Riviera deck and to this day I still think that was the best sleep we have had. Very gentle rocking. Being able to get back to our room easily after our excursions was really nice too. Every cruise I book we always seem to start on the Riviera deck and then due to sales, etc. work our way up through the ship. Should nothing open up one cruise to where I can upgrade for free (or minimal cost), we will be very happy to be on the Riviera Deck.

PS - One of the best cruises I have ever had was on the Valor. AWESOME staff!!! We had an amazing time!

If you're close to the bow, you may hear some noise when you dock and once on a very rough (the seasick bags were out all over the ship) night on the Breeze, we could hear the waves breaking against the ship, but we're often on the Riviera Deck enjoy it.

Our favorite cabin is an ocean view on the Riviera deck. There are cabins above you so there no noise to speak of. We try and find a cabin just inside the middle set of elevators forward, for convince and it’s a little smoother than aft and close to the bow. Looking out the window you will observe the water at a flatter angle than up higher. If it gets rough you will hear the waves splash against the ship. When I’m in the cabin it feels like a small hotel room, I know we are above the water level. One thing I and my wife like about the ocean view is if your in port and your cabin is close to midship and facing the dock you can watch all the activity going on outside up close.

We've had cabins on the Riviera decks several times and have had absolutely NO problems with them. We would not hesitate to book another one in the future.

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Forums mobile app