12:10pm flight from Orlando after Oasis??

Is that a safe time without doing walk off at 0 dark thirty?

Found a decent price on AA so wanted to grab it if it's a viable option.

Next flight after that was $400+ one way.:eek:

Bill

I'd not have a problem with that, but I'd be sure to get luggage tags no later than 8:30am.

That should be fine.

Thanks Biker.

I'd not have a problem with that, but I'd be sure to get luggage tags no later than 8:30am.

OK thanks Bob. I'll make sure we get the early luggage tags.

We are planning on using Cortrans getting back to the airport. We will have 9 in our party.

Bill

Thanks Biker.

OK thanks Bob. I'll make sure we get the early luggage tags.

We are planning on using Cortrans getting back to the airport. We will have 9 in our party.

Bill

When we used Cortrans, we had to pick a specific shuttle time, like 8:30am, 9:30am, 10:30am, etc. You would probably be OK with a 9:30am shuttle, but I'd be nervous with that. I'd go for the 8:30am shuttle, which would change the time for the luggage tags I mentioned above.

When we used Cortrans, we had to pick a specific shuttle time, like 8:30am, 9:30am, 10:30am, etc. You would probably be OK with a 9:30am shuttle, but I'd be nervous with that. I'd go for the 8:30am shuttle, which would change the time for the luggage tags I mentioned above.

OK Bob. What time would you recommend for the luggage tags. I agree with you about 9:30am.

Would be cutting it too close with security.

These are the times they pickup from the Oasis.

8:15 am 9:00 am 9:45 am 10:30 am

Bill

OK Bob. What time would you recommend for the luggage tags. I agree with you about 9:30am.

Would be cutting it too close with security.

Bill

If you want to make a shuttle at 8:30am, I'd get tags for 8am.

editorial comment

just off OASIS this past Sunday. we did 'self walk off' approaching 7 ..... and were in line for an hour getting to the ICE gate ..... We were nowhere NEAR the end of the line ... more like the middle.

manage your expectations .....

I agree with others that a 12:10pm flight should be fine. Personally, I'd get off the ship ASAP and get to the airport. I'd rather be there a few hours early and relax instead of risking some sort of traffic or other problem driving my stress levels up after a cruise. The increased stress can wait for work the next Monday.

We were on NCL Epic out of Port Canaveral last week. We had wheel chair priority tags and departed ship at 815am. The self departure walk off cruisers were waiting in line to get off ship when they wheeled us off. The issue seems to be not enough agents being sent to handle the guests. They had not begun to call the luggage tag colors when we departed. Long, long lines of those waiting to self disembark.

The day we boarded those coming TA were not off the ship until about 3pm as only 8 agents were sent for passengers and crew. We have experienced the same issue in Ft. Lauderdale where only 3 agents were sent. There is nothing the cruise line can do to assist you as they are being told to hold passengers on ship. I overheard the transmission from agents to ship that time.

Luck of the draw.

We recently had 9:45 Cortrans for a 12:40 flight. A little nervous on timing with the MCO train Work being done and warnings to arrive early. But we had enough time. Only note: it took forever after getting bags to get through the line and customs. Get off earlier than you think you need to.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Better yet use luggage valet and not worry about the bags. That's what we did in October and we took the ships shuttle. I wouldn't be worried about that flight time.
I second this suggestion. The luggage valet works great out of port canaveral. If we have a flight same day will be using it for sure.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

Good idea about the luggage valet. I'll be all over that if we book the 12:10pm flight.

I just read some old post about this and it says if your flight is after noon and before 11:59pm from Orlando unless you are on Southwest. Then your flight has to depart by 7pm.

Thanks for all the replies.

Bill

I’ve done self-embarkation if I had any stress over time. I realize this might not be feasible, but you are at the mercy of how many agents are sent and how quickly they can get bags off. Get the earliest tags you can get. I’ve had tag waits cascade getting off Oasis class to the point where the tag was 30 minutes late being called but there was also a 45 minute backup in the terminal beyond that.

With 9 in your party, would you be able to schedule a dedicated van/bus for a similar price? That seems like a large group to use with shared-ride.

Good idea about the luggage valet. I'll be all over that if we book the 12:10pm flight.

I just read some old post about this and it says if your flight is after noon and before 11:59pm from Orlando unless you are on Southwest. Then your flight has to depart by 7pm.

Thanks for all the replies.

Bill

Maybe the time has changed, but I thought the late limit was 6pm for Southwest.

Maybe the time has changed, but I thought the late limit was 6pm for Southwest.

Hi Bob,

Sorry for the delay in replying as i forgot all about this until reading a related thread earlier tonight.

This is where i read about the 7pm time. This was from a February 2017 post.https://boards.cruisecritic.com.au/showthread.php?t=2460373&highlight=freedom#13.

But it only pertains to FLL so maybe MCO is still 6pm.

7f91ea1fcfc5b986ab4e7ad2c4ac824f.jpg

Bill

Hi Bob,

Sorry for the delay in replying as i forgot all about this until reading a related thread earlier tonight.

This is where i read about the 7pm time. This was from a February 2017 post.https://boards.cruisecritic.com.au/showthread.php?t=2460373&highlight=freedom#13.

But it only pertains to FLL so maybe MCO is still 6pm.

Bill

Thanks for the update Bill.

Could be it varies by ship. this one is from Harmony this past July:

https://ejbv4q.dm2302.livefilestore.com/y4mu1DHSnUinFmQMPu5bF3nM7VyJ7RnQmTlePUDJosGUzkIW_HQJ2yTSxWbckZtiV7lSTRlZw1L5Xw_E7ha8udc1fiHbPbHLPn6ZDSl1KWtNEdajS7pqWU6PsacUo9gLMYbgCBzkkPLWfv5yFTus9s73CpLHJeb2I5EzXlBRrUJiZJ-jXSYqlNIN4n9FmCWWFpEQCy_vlzSWjNhke355qVEOw/Luggage%20Valet%20p1.jpg?psid=1

Hi

We have 12:55 pm flight on Southwest. Cotrans Shutle gave us a pickup time of 9:30am .Disembarking from the Oasis. Is that do able. Or should we look for an early time frame to Orlando . Thankyou for any input.

kruise kat

You should be fine, you should be getting to the airport over 2 hours in advance.