**LIVE REPORT** Oasis of the Seas, December 3, 2017

gingersvp

Alright y'all here it goes.

I'm traveling for my cousin's wedding on the first sea day so things might get crazy. On the other hand, I have to work......doh doh doh......so I'll have lucid moments and internets. Normally when I vacation I use that as a chance to completely unplug. But since I have to work and require internet connectivity I'm going to live it UP and do some live reviewing.

We've booked a 2 bedroom Aqua Theater Suite, which has intrigued me since the first time I read about the Oasis class ships. Back in those days, as a single mom I was dreaming about watching the show from a balcony and wondering how I'd ever budget my way into this sort of trip.

We'll, now I'm 10 years older, remarried and have finally managed to swing it. My husband and 2 year old daughter are traveling with me, but my 15 and 11 year old sons are staying home with Grammy due to the uncomfortable proximity of midterms. Rather unfortunately, my older boys deeply struggled the last time I pulled the out of school to cruise for a week, so they're now on strict rules about entire weeks lost to vacationing (much to my dismay).

Also along for the fun......our family friend, Amanda from Canada. Interestingly enough I met both her and my husband on the internets about the same time and we've found that we're pretty great traveling companions. She'll be taking the 2nd bedroom of the suite and potentially chiming in on this thread.

Did I mention we're cruising for a wedding? That means 28 of our closest friends and family are all along for the joyous ride of my cousin's wedding in Dazzles. My mother in law, The Judester, is rooming in with the mother of the bride, my aunt. This means we have some built in babysitting, but we'd all rather just hang together than leave some behind.

This is my 2nd Royal cruise (first was years ago) but my 11th overall cruise. Not a newbie, but newer to this line.

My husband is already packed. However, don't get all excited about that - he's actually in Vegas for a business trip (yeah right) until Friday night and my condition was that he be packed for both trips before he left. Saturday morning we're headed to Port Canaveral to ensure that the trap that is I-4 doesn't beat us down on sailing date. I'm not packed....because I'm home with 3 kids and a full time job....but I'm working on that. All of my evening wear is tucked away in one small suit case to keep my cats from so kindly leaving their hair all over my fancier clothes.

So, if you're also cruising on this particular sailing and want to chime in on this thread, please do. I'm not a great photographer, but I'll still snap some shots. The more the merrier!!! Also, if you see our gang out and about please flag us down. My cousin may be a bride, but she's no bridezilla and loves meeting new people.

Hopefully tomorrow night my toddler daughter (and ruler of the household) goes to bed at some semblance of a reasonable hour and I get to start on packing. If so, I'll snap some photos of our luggage, etc.

Also, we're Christmas decorating our door. So that will be TONS OF FUN. Can y'all tell I'm beyond ready for some vacay???

I'm traveling for my cousin's wedding on the first sea day so things might get crazy. On the other hand, I have to work......doh doh doh......so I'll have lucid moments and internets. Normally when I vacation I use that as a chance to completely unplug. But since I have to work and require internet connectivity I'm going to live it UP and do some live reviewing.

We've booked a 2 bedroom Aqua Theater Suite, which has intrigued me since the first time I read about the Oasis class ships. Back in those days, as a single mom I was dreaming about watching the show from a balcony and wondering how I'd ever budget my way into this sort of trip.

We'll, now I'm 10 years older, remarried and have finally managed to swing it. My husband and 2 year old daughter are traveling with me, but my 15 and 11 year old sons are staying home with Grammy due to the uncomfortable proximity of midterms. Rather unfortunately, my older boys deeply struggled the last time I pulled the out of school to cruise for a week, so they're now on strict rules about entire weeks lost to vacationing (much to my dismay).

Also along for the fun......our family friend, Amanda from Canada. Interestingly enough I met both her and my husband on the internets about the same time and we've found that we're pretty great traveling companions. She'll be taking the 2nd bedroom of the suite and potentially chiming in on this thread.

Did I mention we're cruising for a wedding? That means 28 of our closest friends and family are all along for the joyous ride of my cousin's wedding in Dazzles. My mother in law, The Judester, is rooming in with the mother of the bride, my aunt. This means we have some built in babysitting, but we'd all rather just hang together than leave some behind.

This is my 2nd Royal cruise (first was years ago) but my 11th overall cruise. Not a newbie, but newer to this line.

My husband is already packed. However, don't get all excited about that - he's actually in Vegas for a business trip (yeah right) until Friday night and my condition was that he be packed for both trips before he left. Saturday morning we're headed to Port Canaveral to ensure that the trap that is I-4 doesn't beat us down on sailing date. I'm not packed....because I'm home with 3 kids and a full time job....but I'm working on that. All of my evening wear is tucked away in one small suit case to keep my cats from so kindly leaving their hair all over my fancier clothes.

So, if you're also cruising on this particular sailing and want to chime in on this thread, please do. I'm not a great photographer, but I'll still snap some shots. The more the merrier!!! Also, if you see our gang out and about please flag us down. My cousin may be a bride, but she's no bridezilla and loves meeting new people.

Hopefully tomorrow night my toddler daughter (and ruler of the household) goes to bed at some semblance of a reasonable hour and I get to start on packing. If so, I'll snap some photos of our luggage, etc.

Also, we're Christmas decorating our door. So that will be TONS OF FUN. Can y'all tell I'm beyond ready for some vacay???

If the baby is not napping at the time of our Cabin Crawl on the second Sea Day, we would LOVE to tour your cabin. Just show up OUTSIDE Boleros Lounge at 1:00 and we will fit you in. Thanks in advance!!!

If the baby is not napping at the time of our Cabin Crawl on the second Sea Day, we would LOVE to tour your cabin. Just show up OUTSIDE Boleros Lounge at 1:00 and we will fit you in. Thanks in advance!!!

If we don't make it to the cabin crawl, but you see me out and about and would like a tour just flag me down! I believe we've conversed some on the FB group page - I'm Stephanie

We were just on the Oasis last year, one of its first sailings out of Port C. Hopefully the average age of the cruisers is lower for you than it was for us.

We were in a boardwalk balcony the one on the end on deck 9. What deck are you on? What ports are you going to?

I've attached a few pictures of our view from that cruise. To get you excited for what your view will be but better.7f67b020b70a077094fcbaae5c57075d.jpg5136b7a13e3d55fd276c724a4a2cbece.jpg011ff20be3ab8269dc10098973539f60.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I’ll be sailing with you! Can not wait! [emoji41][emoji41]

We're so stoked! Hope to see you around.

Hope to see you on the ship. We're a group of 11 seniors who will be wearing yellow shirts on the first day

Well you shouldn't be too hard to miss. I'm red-haired, my daughter has gorgeous ringlets and my husband is bearded. Honestly we're not too difficult to pick out of a crowd ourselves.

We were just on the Oasis last year, one of its first sailings out of Port C. Hopefully the average age of the cruisers is lower for you than it was for us.

We were in a boardwalk balcony the one on the end on deck 9. What deck are you on? What ports are you going to?

I've attached a few pictures of our view from that cruise. To get you excited for what your view will be but better.7f67b020b70a077094fcbaae5c57075d.jpg5136b7a13e3d55fd276c724a4a2cbece.jpg011ff20be3ab8269dc10098973539f60.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Our balcony is in your photos! We're on deck 9.

We are headed to St. Thomas (originall St. Marteen, but the dock isn't ready for the large lady right now), San Juan and Labadee. We don't have any excursions booked - we actually have friends to meet up with in both San Juan and St. Thomas. My husband and I HAVE booked the zip line at Labadee and that should be a blast.

I don't mind an older average age - I've lived in Florida my entire life.

On the same cruise with you! We are also bringing kids 7&4 and will be in a royal family suite mid ship. See you there

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Who is your Genie? We had Israel a couple years ago and hope to have him again in March. We have the ATS on 8. Have a great trip!

Mary Joyce is our Genie. She's been pretty responsive on email thus far and seems to have a good handle on things.