Allure of the seas- Balcony noise question

We were in a Boardwalk balcony on our last cruise. I really wasn’t bothered by the noise from the Boardwalk at night. Our friends were in the cabin next to us though and they said it was too loud for them and would have preferred Central Park.

The problem with Central Park, at least for me, would be no view of the sea.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are thinking of booking either a Boardwalk or Central Park balcony but can't help be concerned with nighttime noise...anyone have any experience they can share?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Forums mobile app

We always book Boardwalk balconies and once we close the balcony door we are not bothered by any noise.

Yes sometimes the Aqua show is going on and sometimes there are movies playing but for us personally we have never had a problem going to sleep.

We love watching all the activities from our Boardwalk balcony.....

I’ve stayed in both - Boardwalk on Allure (cabin 8707) and Central Park on Harmony (cabin 10207) - and loved the unique views offered by both.

As far as the Boardwalk, I was almost directly above the carousel on the lowest deck of balconies, so there was a bit of noise with the bell ringing - the door blocked out most (not all) of the noise, and it stopped by the time I went to bed anyway. Same with the AquaTheater, as well as Rita’s Cantina (which has since been replaced with Sabor).

Central Park was quieter, and I was furthest from the pool deck, although I could still hear the band some days from the balcony, although this is to be expected with any CP balcony. Not an issue for me as they play in the afternoons, where 90% of the time, if I’m not on an excursion, I’m up on the pool deck with them or relaxing quietly in the Solarium, far away from my cabin. My cabin was directly above the classical musician in the evenings, which I thoroughly enjoyed as I would frequently sit out there between dinner and shows and other down time in the evenings. They were done by late anyway, so there was never a noise issue.

Overall, I agree with Bob that Central Park would be the quieter option - and, in either case, the exact location of your cabin can play a factor in the noise level compared to others in the same category on different decks/ ends of the Boardwalk/ Central Park -but in the grand scheme of things, I think they’re both good choices - it all depends what you’re looking for! Do you want action or greenery? Or better yet, try them both, just decide which one you want to do first! If you do decide this isn’t for you, you can never go wrong with a relaxing oceanview balcony either. I’ve stayed in all the major categories, loved each one for different reasons! Either way, you will love Allure! Hope you have a great time!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We are thinking of booking either a Boardwalk or Central Park balcony but can't help be concerned with nighttime noise...anyone have any experience they can share?

We booked Central Park several times. In evening they have piano playing which is great. No noise when doors are closed and almost none when open. Sometimes you get extra perks. Not sure if was on Oasis or Allure. We go fairly high so no one can see in from park. Loved it.

I had a cabin high up on the Boardwalk end, about six cabins from the back on Allure. We could watch the diving shows from the balcony. Only issue was we had views of the feet from zipliners crossing our balcony view. It was more amusing than annoying. We could also see the ocean through the open back end.

I am going on Harmony and Symphony in the next few months and have chosen the oceanside balcony on both cruises. So that may give you the idea that I did not prefer the inside balcony.

we loved our boardwalk balcony room on the allure of the seas

we were on deck 12 about 5 staterooms from the furthest aft...

i loved it there since we also had a nice view of the sea..

we were never bothered by noise....and i loved being able to people watch when sitting out on the balcony....

we probably used our boardwalk balcony more than our regular ocean view balconies on other ships we've been on..

My kids get boardwalk balconies when we sail on oasis class ships. Noise has never been a problem when the door is closed. However, last week on Harmony on day two they said it was noisy this time. We looked at their door and even when locked it wasn’t correctly sealed. We called maintenance and they removed the door completely and repaired it. The seal was “popped” or something. Then it was quiet once again. Check those doors.

We were on Allure a couple of weeks ago in a Boardwalk balcony. We have previously enjoyed our times with those balconies, but this time it was noisy almost all the time.

We were on deck 11 near the elevator (First Boardwalk balcony from the elevator.) We heard the carousel bell often and at night it was noisy from the movies and Ocean Aria. I don't think I would this location again.

On the other hand, I do think Central Park is quieter, but I don't think there is the air circulation that is in the Boardwalk area. In the summer, it is so hot and humid and it seems, to me, that it is felt more in Central Park as it is closed in at both ends.

Next year for Allure we are booked in ocean view balconies, so I doubt they will be as noisy.

Funny as we purposely booked (on Symphony) midway so we can lessen some of the late night Aqua theatre noise from movies or late show. But never occurred to me about the carousel noise...and I think we are quite close to it. Wondering too about noise from Playmakers (on Symphony...not on Allure)

Agreed - Boardwalk Balcony was very disappointing. Too much noise for us.

CP Balcony - was great for noise, but missed the water views. Rarely used the balcony

That said we now pay the upcharge for OV Balcony for the view and privacy. Oasis class has limited direct ocean views

• 2 weeks later...

Boardwalk balconies are loud, without question. BUT, the most noise you will hear isnt from the decks above it's from the shows at the aqua theater (especially the 10pm show). Part of the pre-show routing is to literally lead the crowd in a silly yelling routine. It didnt happen every night but it was more than once and it definitely made going to bed around that time difficult.

I liked the view but I don't be booking a boardwalk room again (cabin 12303). Technically, we didnt book a boardwalk room this time either (we booked a guaranteed Central Park balcony) yet this is what we got at room assignment.

33806421_1716772768411407_8881328452083384320_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=8481e060634e37b62ea66d7183a0ede8&oe=5BE7EB02

Boardwalk balconies are loud, without question. BUT, the most noise you will hear isnt from the decks above it's from the shows at the aqua theater (especially the 10pm show). Part of the pre-show routing is to literally lead the crowd in a silly yelling routine. It didnt happen every night but it was more than once and it definitely made going to bed around that time difficult.

I liked the view but I don't be booking a boardwalk room again (cabin 12303). Technically, we didnt book a boardwalk room this time either (we booked a guaranteed Central Park balcony) yet this is what we got at room assignment.

i was told that the guarantee is for either central park or boardwalk...

which is why i didn't do it - i didn't want a central park room..

so i didn't book a guaranteed room but instead booked the boardwalk room i wanted for a little bit more..

i was told that the guarantee is for either central park or boardwalk...

which is why i didn't do it - i didn't want a central park room..

so i didn't book a guaranteed room but instead booked the boardwalk room i wanted for a little bit more..

When I booked my sailing for June 2018 we initially had an ocean view balcony but then they had a sale where there was a guarantee on one or the other (CP or BW). They were priced different and came with different on-board amenities packages. Not only was CP cheaper but the BW amenities package totally did not work for us so it was a no brainer to book CP. Well, room assignments come out and sure enough, we got BW. It took three phone calls and alot of time but finally I got Royal to at least give us the amenities package for a CP room (which included a bottle of red wine in the room upon arrival) rather than the package for a BW room. Get to the room.....no wine and a flier with the details for our BW amenities package. Call to guest services, wait an hour for someone to call me back, I explain the situation, 5 days later they finally call me and say they see they see the mistake and correct it.

Moral of the story....i'll never book a guarantee's room again. I