Silver Spirits Beverage Packageed

sabrefan

I am told by Viking you can use your OBC for the Silver Spirits as long as you buy the package once you board' date=' but not if you buy it in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums[/quote']

Right. And same goes for using it to buy shorex. The advance purchase system is not set up to allow you to use it to check out, and putting it in your shopping cart will not hold a shorex for you to purchase once on board.

I have been under the impression you cannot use OBC to purchase the Silver Bev. Pkg. Anyone have the "real story" about that?

No experience but I think the thing with OBC is you can not use it before you get on board. Since there is no advantage to purchasing it early, why no wait? Like someone mentioned, you can sample the premium wines, like a test drive before you buy the car. The real answer though is probably to ask Tellus@vikingcruises.com

• 3 weeks later...
I am told by Viking you can use your OBC for the Silver Spirits as long as you buy the package once you board' date=' but not if you buy it in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums[/quote']

Update. Our $1000 OBC appeared when I logged in today and I was able use it to purchase the Silver Beverage package. This is for a cruise in May 2019. Hope they have the Sauvignon Blanc onboard.

• 2 months later...

There has been a lot of discussion about wines in the SS package, but not much else. I have reviewed the bar menu provided a few posts back and do not see anything about premium spirits. We prefer Bourbon (premium) but the only bourbon on the menu is Jim Beam - which is definitely not premium. Yet, when I look at the River cruises bar menu they actually have premium spirits in a different section of the menu and do include some premium bourbons. Does anyone know anything about what kind of "spirits" are considered premium.......

• 2 months later...
There has been a lot of discussion about wines in the SS package, but not much else. I have reviewed the bar menu provided a few posts back and do not see anything about premium spirits. We prefer Bourbon (premium) but the only bourbon on the menu is Jim Beam - which is definitely not premium. Yet, when I look at the River cruises bar menu they actually have premium spirits in a different section of the menu and do include some premium bourbons. Does anyone know anything about what kind of "spirits" are considered premium.......

I have a similar question. Premium spirits, specifically single malt scotch, questions are seemingly never answered. The sample menu that only has Glenfiddich and Aberlour 10 do not offer much help. Where is a good answer to what’s offered?

I’m aboard Sky as I type, what are the specific liquors you want to know about?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not a liquor question but my husband was wondering what kind of beer they have on tap. We have the Silver Spirits package for our West Indies Explorer cruise next week.

I figure since the Sky and the Sea have been in the same neighborhood [emoji12] might be similar.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Not a liquor question but my husband was wondering what kind of beer they have on tap. We have the Silver Spirits package for our West Indies Explorer cruise next week.

I figure since the Sky and the Sea have been in the same neighborhood [emoji12] might be similar.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The only beer that I liked on tap was a Norwegian dark ale. But I saw people ordering light beers too

I’m aboard Sky as I type, what are the specific liquors you want to know about?

The selection of single malt scotch ie, Auchentatian(spelling), Dalmore King Alexander, Aberlour 12, Highland Park, Laphoig. I appreciate your help.

The selection of single malt scotch ie, Auchentatian(spelling), Dalmore King Alexander, Aberlour 12, Highland Park, Laphoig. I appreciate your help.

At Bars-I will check at Torshavn tonight to see if they have any others

Glenfiddich Single Malt. $8

Aberlour, Single Malt, 10 yr. $8

Beer. All $5 except the last three

Carlsburg Draft

Budweiser

Light Beer

Corona

Grimberger Double Dark

Carnegie Porter

Brooklyn Lager

Kronenburg 1664

Peroni

Warsteiner

Ringnes Pilsner

AEgir Rallare Amber Ale

Boyle Blonde Ale

AEgir India Pale Ale

At Bars-I will check at Torshavn tonight to see if they have any others

Glenfiddich Single Malt. $8

Aberlour, Single Malt, 10 yr. $8

Beer. All $5 except the last three

Carlsburg Draft

Budweiser

Light Beer

Corona

Grimberger Double Dark

Carnegie Porter

Brooklyn Lager

Kronenburg 1664

Peroni

Warsteiner

Ringnes Pilsner

AEgir Rallare Amber Ale

Boyle Blonde Ale

AEgir India Pale Ale

I think Torshavn is where the better stuff is. Which single malt scotch are under $15.00 per pour? A Torshavn bar menu would be great to see.

Torshavn bar menu is what I would like to see.

Here are snaps of the wine list. Any wine by the glass is available with the silver spirits package. bb04d80c33cd4f52e1437905c2afe850.jpg5fcc5a812660f7be87d4001541a7bbbc.jpg2ed42e22d03e33d6e86906fcf66b5dff.jpg1e9054789047b8124ec80105fd3aec43.jpge55f0e6476e287390a609c6783ff852e.jpg0400d06ae62ea1d964aab23def0dad35.jpg

This clears the wine 🍷 confusion. Many wines simply not offered by the glass and therefore, not on the SSBP. It’s not the quality, or price, but whether they are offered by the glass. Quite a selection if you just buy your wine by the bottle.

Well six reds vs seven whites....none are spectacular though the wine steward suggest the 667 Pinot Noir as being the best match with the Manfredi’s steak (I had initially ordered the malbec) and boy was he right.