Combining Captains Club accounts

Blockschip

Let's separate out the various parts of this discussion

Anyone sharing your stateroom can accompany you to the events you are invited to but they may or may not get the "coupons" and "perks" you get (such as Persian Gardens Day Pass). Whether or not they get "coupons" to match yours is highly variable.

Example, an Elite member shares a stateroom with a first time cruiser, who can join the Elite member at breakfast and cocktails but might or might not get laundry, internet, etc.

If a married couple consists of partners who, based on their cruising history, might be individually at different tier levels, they will both be given the status of the higher tier member.

Have I got that right?

Anyone sharing your stateroom can accompany you to the events you are invited to but they may or may not get the "coupons" and "perks" you get (such as Persian Gardens Day Pass). Whether or not they get "coupons" to match yours is highly variable.

Example, an Elite member shares a stateroom with a first time cruiser, who can join the Elite member at breakfast and cocktails but might or might not get laundry, internet, etc.

If a married couple consists of partners who, based on their cruising history, might be individually at different tier levels, they will both be given the status of the higher tier member.

No, for example, my husband's Captains Club page shows him with the same tier level and points as mine but his number of days cruised and number of cruises is completely different. It's not just status for one particular cruise but is permanent status.

Edited by Ma Bell

No, for example, my husband's Captains Club page shows him with the same tier level and points as mine but his number of days cruised and number of cruises is completely different. It's not just status for one particular cruise but is permanent status.

Everything you said is correct however you are Zenith and so is Tommy, they do it for Zenith but not for lower levels. Also, I have never yet in all my cruises have Celebrity ask me whether I'm married to the person I'm cruising with, how do they know. How do they know that the person I cruised with last year is my son and not my "husband". Nobody asked, yet we received our benefits for the status that we had achieved.

That's because you are Zenith and so is Tommy, they don't do it for lower levels. Also, I have never yet in all my cruises have Celebrity ask me whether I'm married to the person I'm cruising with, how do they know.

Don, it was the same thing at Elite Plus. We have had the same status and points for many years even though I go on cruises without him at times.

Right....on the cruise all they ask is if you are sharing a stateroom.

As regards Captain's Club tier level, I still believe that they give both members of a married couple the higher status of the two.

If an Elite Plus member marries a Select member, the Select member is "elevated" to the higher status no matter how many days they have sailed.

Don, it was the same thing at Elite Plus. We have had the same status and points for many years even though I go on cruises without him at times.

I guess maybe we can chalk this up to one of Celebrity's many consistent inconsistencies...I've heard of it going both ways.

Everything you said is correct however you are Zenith and so is Tommy, they do it for Zenith but not for lower levels. Also, I have never yet in all my cruises have Celebrity ask me whether I'm married to the person I'm cruising with, how do they know. How do they know that the person I cruised with last year is my son and not my "husband". Nobody asked, yet we received our benefits for the status that we had achieved.

Do you both live in the same home and are you both married?

Wife and I are married, son is single, adult but lives with us.

Well, if they have him recorded as single and you as married I guess they probably know you're not married to each other. Have you looked at your wife's and your Captains Club accounts online to see if you by chance have the same number of points and status?

Well, if they have him recorded as single and you as married I guess they probably know you're not married to each other. Have you looked at your wife's and your Captains Club accounts online to see if you by chance have the same number of points and status?

Wife and I have same status but we both qualified with points and crossed the levels at the same time. Points are different because she didn’t go last year.

All I’m saying is people have reported this both ways, apparently Celebrity’s policy if there is one is inconsistent or more likely they leave it up to the ship.

Edited by dkjretired

I called Captains Club and asked about this . She confirmed that a married person living at the same address will share the same status.; The points of the lower person will bump up when new tier level is reached to reflect the status

This is different from sharing your cabin with a non spouse. They get invites to events only

This information is not on the website

I was quite surprised.. so now I need to make friends with all single zenith in case I ever become single:D

Also, based upon many cruises and actually having this situation last year, it is not Celebrity's policy to do that. Does it happen, yes, most likely because someone screwed up but it is not policy.

Don, my DH and I have the same loyalty status, but I have cruised many more days than he has.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That is not the policy on Celebrity, perhaps Royal but not Celebrity.

That's wrong information .

Our daughter is elite from cruising growing up. This week she and her husband are on royal Caribbean as diamond. It is her first royal cruise and his second cruise; the first was on HAL.

She enrolled in Crown and Anchor and got diamond status from being celebrity elite. He is Royal diamond and Celebrity elite because he's married to her .

Happened this month.

Wife and I have same status but we both qualified with points and crossed the levels at the same time. Points are different because she didn’t go last year.

All I’m saying is people have reported this both ways, apparently Celebrity’s policy if there is one is inconsistent or more likely they leave it up to the ship.

My husband took a couple less cruises on Celebrity than I did and his points did not change, i.e. he was not credited with my cruises. I am now Elite Plus and he remains Elite. We are married over 40 years, use same name and always lived at same address.

We were always told that each partner collects his own points and level.

Maybe confusion comes from fact that if you cruise with someone in same cabin who has no or lower level, they will be able to benefit from same benefits (elite drink, breakfast, invites, coupons, etc.), as my daughter did when travelling with me.

However on Celebrity website, my husband's points listed and level is different from mine.

My husband took a couple less cruises on Celebrity than I did and his points did not change, i.e. he was not credited with my cruises. I am now Elite Plus and he remains Elite. We are married over 40 years, use same name and always lived at same address.

We were always told that each partner collects his own points and level.

You should call the Captains Club and they will change it. Each person does collect his own points. In other words they don't add the points together but they do give the higher status to the spouse.

As the last few posts indicate, I will repeat what I said in an earlier post, Celebrity has a habit of being consistently inconsistent on many things, apparently this is one of those. Who knows, maybe its a new rule that they have to catch up with. I give up.

As the last few posts indicate, I will repeat what I said in an earlier post, Celebrity has a habit of being consistently inconsistent on many things, apparently this is one of those. Who knows, maybe its a new rule that they have to catch up with. I give up.

Maybe they just don't know who all the married people are. I'm sure some don't completely fill out their information, like whether they are married or single or who their traveling companions are etc. If you want your wife to have the same points as you just give the Captains Club a call. At first you adamantly said Celebrity doesn't do this or it's just for Zenith members, now it's that they are inconsistent. As you said, they're not mind readers. Sometimes as much as we may think we know, we're just wrong. Nothing to be defensive about.

Maybe they just don't know who all the married people are. I'm sure some don't completely fill out their information, like whether they are married or single or who their traveling companions are etc. If you want your wife to have the same points as you just give the Captains Club a call. At first you adamantly said Celebrity doesn't do this or it's just for Zenith members, now it's that they are inconsistent. As you said, they're not mind readers. Sometimes as much as we may think we know, we're just wrong. Nothing to be defensive about.

Not being defensive, just saying that many have reported it didn’t happen.

You're an amazing guy. Every time you say something you revise what you said before. It's not important in the grand scheme of things. It's not going to happen if it's not clear that you're married.

Since you and you spouse are the same Captain Club status independently, it does not really affect you. The same for my wife and I.

I looked on line and did not initially see anything on the website indicating this policy, but I do recall seeing it some time ago.

I suspect this is confusing, because I do not believe it is cruise related, but Captain Club record related.

My suggestion for you married couples (or domestic partners) living toghether with different Captain Club status is to call the Captain Club and get your status corrected.

If anyone is refused the change, please come back and post.

Since the policy is Captain Club related I am fairly confident that you do not even need to both be on the cruise to get the higher status. You should be able to see your status on line. Someone should probably test this theory.

Good luck to everyone.

I posted before I saw this comment.

Anyone that reported that it did not happen, please call the Captain Club and report back. I bet you will be pleasantly surprised.

Since you and you spouse are the same Captain Club status independently, it does not really affect you. The same for my wife and I.

I looked on line and did not initially see anything on the website indicating this policy, but I do recall seeing it some time ago.

I suspect this is confusing, because I do not believe it is cruise related, but Captain Club record related.

My suggestion for you married couples (or domestic partners) living toghether with different Captain Club status is to call the Captain Club and get your status corrected.

If anyone is refused the change, please come back and post.

Since the policy is Captain Club related I am fairly confident that you do not even need to both be on the cruise to get the higher status. You should be able to see your status on line. Someone should probably test this theory.

Good luck to everyone.

Good idea...maybe they'll listen to you.;)

You're an amazing guy. Every time you say something you revise what you said before. It's not important in the grand scheme of things. It's not going to happen if it's not clear that you're married.

No need to get personal. I didn’t revise anything, just being open to what BOTH sides have said.

Edited by dkjretired

No need to get personal. I didn’t revise anything, just being open to what BOTH sides have said.

I didn't know there were sides to this issue. Usually when people are informed about something they didn't know they just say thank you and try to make sure they are getting what they are entitled to. Why would there be any conflict over this?