Combining Captains Club accounts

Blockschip

Changing the discussion a little, but on subject. We first sailed Chandris in 1986 I believe. It later was sold/morphed into Celebrity. When we started sailing Celebrity and joined Captains Club, we found a way to get credit for the Chandris cruise. We did not have any ship documentation anymore from that sailing, however, Celebrity did honor a ships photographer picture of us at boarding with the ship logo on the life ring-Amerikanis. Dig out those photos! ;p

First ever cruise--Honolulu to LA onboard USS Monterey 1971

I didn't know there were sides to this issue. Usually when people are informed about something they didn't know they just say thank you and try to make sure they are getting what they are entitled to. Why would there be any conflict over this?

Because several people have reported that under same circumstances they did not receive this benefit. That is the other side. Hopefully, they will receive this benefit by calling

My feedback after calling Captain's Club :

Yes, I am pleasantly surprised. Although my husband and I were clearly indicated as wife and husband in our profiles and same address, etc., an extra step seemed to be necessary to "marry us " before Celebrity :rolleyes:. This is now done. My husband will receive Elite PLUS status, same as mine. BUT : only when travelling on same cruise in same cabin with me. If he would travel alone or with some one else, he would then have his own earned status, which remains ELITE.

That is what I was told by the Captain's Club representative during my today's call.

Yes, I am pleasantly surprised. Although my husband and I were clearly indicated as wife and husband in our profiles and same address, etc., an extra step seemed to be necessary to "marry us " before Celebrity :rolleyes:. This is now done. My husband will receive Elite PLUS status, same as mine. BUT : only when travelling on same cruise in same cabin with me. If he would travel alone or with some one else, he would then have his own earned status, which remains ELITE.

That is what I was told by the Captain's Club representative during my today's call.

Congratulations. Good for you. Thank you for coming back and updating us.

Just curious, what status is on your husband’s account when he logs in?

What’s the difference between the Elite Plus and the Elite what is the most important perk being an PLUS

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Jagoffee - On my husbands account since yesterday after my phone call it says Elite Plus and same points as mine, which is more than before I called.

Seadogy - Elite Plus is not so much more than Elite. I just wanted to find out if he would get higher status as mentioned on this blog and how Captains Club dealt with it as this was news to me. I think my husband will appreciate the higher minutes for internet on our next cruise, but for rest ? We did not even use all coupons and benefits before.

• 1 month later...

I called the Captains Club yesterday re: this topic. I was informed a married couple, staying in the same cabin, with same address listed, will receive the higher tier. If 2-people staying in the same room but are not married (relative, friend, gf/bf) will ONLY benefit from attending events attached to the higher tier. The person with the lower tier will not receive X amount of internet min, free bingo cards, laundry, latte, discounts, to name a few). My assumption is that the CC account will not reflect the significant other's higher tier points to the lower tier to prevent the lower tier from receiving points that was not actually earned. For example, should the lower tier continue to receive benefits from the higher tier, if say, a married couple got divorced? Just something to think about.

What’s the difference between the Elite Plus and the Elite what is the most important perk being an PLUS

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Forums

For sure you get 240 minutes of internet, per person and 2 bags of laundry, per cruise, per person. There might be more, those are the two we use every time.

Because several people have reported that under same circumstances they did not receive this benefit. That is the other side. Hopefully, they will receive this benefit by calling

It's not automatic. They won't elevate the spouse or significant other unless someone asks.

It's not automatic. They won't elevate the spouse or significant other unless someone asks.

Please be advised this is an older thread and has been pretty much resolved. If the married couple has different levels the lower level spouse will be elevated on any cruise they travel with their spouse. If they don't travel with their spouse, they remain at the lower level. They supposedly elevate the one spouse if they are at the same address,