Change money in buenos aires??

bcnvcanada

If arriving at EZE, the best option is to change at the Banco de la Nacion window right near the exit from the secure area. It is open extended hours though you should check for the specific schedule. Try to estimate how many Arg pesos you will need as it will be difficult to change back. The duty free store when exiting is the optimal place to spend remaining pesos.

• 2 weeks later...
Is there an ATM at the airport there?

Will be going there in two weeks, and from another forum, I've noted that there are ATMs on the left after exiting customs, and also around the corner on the left. At least, that comes from the notes I took!

There are two problems with ATM’ s in Argentina, one of which has a work around.” First, fees. Local banks impose withdrawal fees and limit the amount you can withdraw per transaction which may require multiple withdrawals and multiple transaction fees. This is in addition to any international transaction fee charged by your card issuer. The work around is to find a card that has no international transaction fees and that will reimburse you for charges imposed by local banks. The second problem is local ATM’s frequently run out of money, especially on weekends. This may make it a challenge to pick up pesos as you scour the city in search of an ATM. it’s kind of a gamble. Personally, i prefer to bring cash and exchange at the Banco de la Nacion on arrival.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Is there an ATM at the airport there?

Yes but they are typically empty.

Strangely, they are in the corridor that leads to the Banco de la Nacion which is open and will happily issue local currency.

For me the line was only 45 minutes long.

As our port before arriving BA is Montevideo, would we be able to buy ARG pesos with dollars there? Once we disembark the ship in BA we will need to pay for a cab to the hotel and unless they take credit cards I won't have any ARG cash on me. I don't want to exchange o the ship as the rates always are terrible.

Yes but they are typically empty.

Strangely, they are in the corridor that leads to the Banco de la Nacion which is open and will happily issue local currency.

For me the line was only 45 minutes long.

ONLY? Is that a joke? Now I'm wondering how much these dreaded local fees are...maybe be worthwhile.

I’m bumping up against this too. Any idea of where in So California one can buy Argentina pesos? My bank doesn’t handle them and Travelex doesn’t have them listed. I would prefer not to have a long line in BsAs. I arrive on a Monday morning.

Any suggestions?

As our port before arriving BA is Montevideo, would we be able to buy ARG pesos with dollars there? Once we disembark the ship in BA we will need to pay for a cab to the hotel and unless they take credit cards I won't have any ARG cash on me. I don't want to exchange o the ship as the rates always are terrible.

Yes, you can go to any cambio and get UY pesos, Argentine pesos, Brazillian reals as well. The rates are posted outside. There is an Abitab ( a cambio ) close to the cruise terminal near the Mercado del Puerto with lots of restaurants.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/''/''/@-34.9052959,-56.2817431,12z/data=!4m8!4m7!1m0!1m5!1m1!1s0x959f7f8457123a79:0xe75190849d86f494!2m2!1d-56.211703!2d-34.905316