Dress code dining

Cozmic206

On Escape, Bayamo and Le Bistro are "smart casual"

All others are "cruise casual"

CRUISE CASUAL

Dress cruise casual anytime during the day, in the buffet and in most specialty restaurants. For women, it includes summer and casual dresses, skirts, regular or capri pants, shorts, jeans and tops. Khakis, jeans, shorts and casual shirts are fine for men.

SMART CASUAL

Dress smart casual in our more formal dining room or in our more upscale specialty restaurants. For women, it includes slacks or jeans, dresses, skirts and tops. For men, it's jeans or slacks with a collared shirt and closed-toed shoes.

But whether it is actually enforced, well that's another matter.

Exactly, on the Escape 4/7 it was not...I registered my feelings...they had left a message on my cabin phone stating the dress code policy....sort of hit me the wrong way with gentleman coming in wearing shorts...they offered to have me back another night for a comp, I declined and just asked what’s the point of a dress code you don’t enforce?

Just to let everyone know. On embarkation evening, the dress code is very relaxed due to some people not receiving their luggage until late. In other words, shorts and questionable footwear are usually acceptable in venues that they otherwise would not be. Gotta love that first night. It's thunderdome!

Nothing better than the looks on the stuffed shirts when you meander into Le Bistro in shorts and flip flops. Priceless!

NCL is casual. If they are lax on the minimal requirements at the more formal restaurants, so be it. Enjoy your dinner and refrain from worrying about what others are or aren't wearing.

Then do away with the Dress Code in Le Bistro, and especially don't leave a message on my room phone the day of my reservation telling me shorts/open toed shoes are prohibited for men. And then don't send the management team by my table just as I was seated and ask me how things are going. NCL asked for my input, I gave it to them.

I'm fine playing by NCL's rules...

But whether it is actually enforced, well that's another matter.

We were just on the Eacape. Long pants were required in the restaurant. You could eat outside with shorts.

They call you and warn you.

People who didn’t want to be out in the heat and wind (outside) with shorts were turned away.

Sailed on the breakaway in October 2017. Dress code was enforced at Le Bistro. We had to sit on the “patio” which was no big deal, but I do wish they would have made the dress code a little clearer when we made the reservation (which was made through one of the touch screens). I did discover that it is mentioned in the freestyle daily.

I believe Cagneys has a dress code a also but I’m not 100% sure of that.

Edited by OneGun16
Spelling correction